• downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    yeah

^ what he said
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Have you fixed your logging accuracy problem? If so the only other thing you really need is patience. I think I've answered this question from you 3 or 4 times. Are you really still not understanding it? If so, which part if confusing you? Are you just hoping to get more answers? What's the deal?

I was wondering the same thing.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Something else that is simple?.. Idk.. do you?
  • Plentiful_Tentacles
    Options
    Yes, it is. But realize, there will be obstacles in your way. There will be times when you don't want to eat healthy anymore, go to the gym, or count your macros. There will be times where you won't have any motivation, or when you feel like giving up. So yes it's that simple, but it may or may not be easy. Don't defeat yourself
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll.. Is it really that simple?

1) Eat at a deficit and hit macros EVERYDAY.... (maybe a mess up or two each month)
    2) Lift heavy 3 times a week (progressing weights as needed)
    3) Do cardio 2-3 times a week (walking, little jogging, nothing too intense)

Results: FAT LOSS? would you see big results in a month when ur 25% bf now? or would you need more like 3 months of consistency?

Well I won't really say simple, it is hard work. It takes discipline, commitment and lots of patience. It requires you to be forgiving to yourself too, just remember that you won't reverse your progress overeating for a day or two (after all you didn't gain all that weight in a short period).

It may take longer than a month to see actual "big results", but slow progress is better than no progress and eventually it will be that "big result" you will be so proud of. :)

I did all the above (figured out my TDEE and ate 20% less from it, hit my protein macros especially, lift heavy 3 times a week, and do HIIT cardio almost everyday) and I have since gone from 34% BF to 26% BF since August 2012. I have fell off the wagon about three times now, the last time due to a shoulder injury. However, I forced myself back on the wagon, and here I am losing consistently again.

All the best in your fitness goals :)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    uYa3D5F.gif

It's probably time to implement, you've gotten a number of great responses from a number of your threads.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and log accurately and consistently. That's all you need.
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    bumpity
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    It's even simpler than that. I don't bother with ~macros~ and go over my calories on both Saturday and Sunday. I also don't lift heavy (yet... once I can afford a gym membership after I graduate I hope to start) and I've consistently lost weight for almost 2 years.
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yes it is that simple. But if you do smart cardio (HIT) a few times a week you can even afford to cheat a few times a month because you will be burning a butt load of calories. Strength and endurance are both important in the whole picture of weight management.

And to the people who are telling you to do it without being mindful of macros or exercise, remember you want to keep the weight OFF, not just lose it. Building lean tissue keeps the weight off and improves metabolism. You can't do that eating crap day in and day out and sitting on your butt, even in a calorie deficit because eventually your body adjusts to the calorie intake and decreases your BMR, and then you're "screwed" and you will gain the weight back when you want to eat more, and in maintenance you will want to eat more. Exercise and macro balance helps fight this issue.

Lose the fat, but protect your muscle, exercise (both strength and smart cardio) hit your macros, and be mindful of an over all average of 20% TDEE calorie deficit...it really is that easy.
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    To lose weight, you can leave out 2 and 3. Add in 2 to build muscle and be more efficient with fat loss. And add in 3 to improve your lung capacity and heart health.

I do all 3 (3x/w weights, 2x/w cardio, 1x/w yoga) and the weight and fat keeps dropping and my endurance increases and I feel stronger and healthier overall.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    To everyone saying she doesn"t need exercise or to count macros, she specified fat loss, as opposed to weight loss. Calories are for weight loss, macros/lifting are for body composition, which is what the OP wants.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Have you fixed your logging accuracy problem? If so the only other thing you really need is patience. I think I've answered this question from you 3 or 4 times. Are you really still not understanding it? If so, which part if confusing you? Are you just hoping to get more answers? What's the deal?

I understand, i want more more more info all the time. and patience - what is patience??? lol
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    To everyone saying she doesn"t need exercise or to count macros, she specified fat loss, as opposed to weight loss. Calories are for weight loss, macros/lifting are for body composition, which is what the OP wants.

^ This. Honestly, Those who have been successful with body recomposition count their protein and do resistance training. Those of you mid-loss saying this isn't necessary, please let us know how that works out for you after you have finished losing all your weight.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Thanks for all the great info people. I've been implementing this since June 1st but also tweeking things here and there and YES I did take a couple of days on the weekend and eat bad and over calories... "sorry body" Anyways, I got back on track this week Mon was weights, Tues was a nice walk with baby and Wed (today) will be weights again. I might go for another walk too. I've also been hitting macros and been under calories too... AND i do crunches as well. Did 150 last night! And I like to keep asking questions about if im doing thing right over and over again because it motivates me to keep on going hearing these things and sometimes i learn new information from other people. It's great! Thank you. I always like to be reassured - is there anything wrong with that - not really....
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great info people. I've been implementing this since June 1st but also tweeking things here and there and YES I did take a couple of days on the weekend and eat bad and over calories... "sorry body" Anyways, I got back on track this week Mon was weights, Tues was a nice walk with baby and Wed (today) will be weights again. I might go for another walk too. I've also been hitting macros and been under calories too... AND i do crunches as well. Did 150 last night! And I like to keep asking questions about if im doing thing right over and over again because it motivates me to keep on going hearing these things and sometimes i learn new information from other people. It's great! Thank you. I always like to be reassured - is there anything wrong with that - not really....
    youre at a weight and age healthy enough to do a more intense cardio than walking, honestly walking should be a warm up. The 150 crunches are probably good for cardio depending how close you space your sets, but not really necessary for your goal right now. Can you run? Or use an elliptical or stair master?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    youre at a weight and age healthy enough to do a more intense cardio than walking, honestly walking should be a warm up. The 150 crunches are probably good for cardio depending how close you space your sets, but not really necessary for your goal right now. Can you run? Or use an elliptical or stair master?

I can jog with the baby's jogger yep. I do 3X50 for the crunches. about 1 min. break in between sets.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wat about when ur at the gym to lift heavy? Can you get a 30min HIIT run or stair session in?
    Doing legitimate cardio helps erase the errors you've made for the day/week. I am Not error free. Sometimes I pick at sh&@ that shouldn't be around me, a few chips, or chocolate nibs, and Sometimes I don't log those few chips a few times a day. How I justify it is by making sure I'm doing more cardio than is calculated into my TDEE. Btw log EVERYTHING, it'll be your downfall