Help help help!

Options
So, I have cut my calories by so much, and going for long walks daily. Everyone keeps telling me to lift weights but I can't lift anything heavy because I have a very huge tumor and after so long I start to get bad pains even when I exorcise. What else can I do to help boost me? I was taking Raspberry Keytone & Green Coffee bean to help boost my metabolism but I read it's not good if you are trying to have a child. Also, I am moving in 2 months so I don't want to spend the $$$ for a gym right now until I move. Suggestions would be nice :)

Replies

• edelique
    edelique Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yoga?
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Borrow a few workout DVD's from the library until you find one you really like.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    nerdfitness.com has some good bodyweight circuits you can do at home with no equipment. You won't build significant muscle doing bodyweight stuff, but it is usually enough to convince your body to burn fat rather than lean body tissue.
  • Chaosrose8
    Chaosrose8 Posts: 39
    Options
    My cable company has tons of free workout videos on demand.
  • nminden
    nminden Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ..."long walks" can mean many things. You can actually do interval training and burn quite a sweat on a walk if it's intense enough. You can move almost as fast as a slow runner with a strong speedwalk. You may already be doing that. But if not, research speedwalking on the net and see how you can maximize the burn as though you've gone for a run.

If you can find intense inclines, some very steep hills - that would also boost your walking. If it's a short hill just do multiple repeats.

I know you don't want to spend $$ right now, but the reclining bike at the gym is great when you have some physical limitations and still want/need to be active. It also can range from leisurely to intense.

Do you swim?
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    No excuses!! Lift canned food in kitchen as weights. Do dips on edge of couch or chair. Sit-ups and push-ups even if half way or an inch. I know this sounds harsh and I wish I could follow my own advice more!! Walk a lot around the neighborhood. You can do it.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I would just work on getting the tumor resolved. Then, I would start worrying about losing weight.

Since you have a tumor, I'm assuming you're under a doctor's care. Ask for a referral to a physical therapist who can get to the root of what is causing the pain during exercise, and what you can do to improve it.