Questions questions!!

Options
So I've been eating more healthy than i ususally do, and I've been working out some. So why in the world do I feel and look like I'm just gaining fat?!?! I completely understand that I could gain weight due to muscle... but fat?? what's that about? I'm really starting to become depressed over this.

Replies

• travisbabygirl12
    Options
    im having the same issue could be hormones my birth control makes me gain weight even with proper portions and exercise
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    be patient
  • Genetic_tea_drinker
    Options
    Some people find they get a bit bigger when they start at the gym and it take a while for it to go, but when it does it's worth it.
    However if its more central or quite "flabby", it maybe worth seeing a doctors. As, like said above, you may have a problem with your hormones, or if your diet has changed you maybe edxperiencing a form of an allergy to something you are eating causing bloating. You may even be retaining fluid. So it's always worth seeing a doctor.
  • HoneySunrise
    HoneySunrise Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've put on about 2.5 lbs in the past two weeks. I accredit that to more water retention for my muscles, and hopefully in a couple weeks I'll start to see the weight drop.
  • Brandy1775
    Brandy1775 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I felt that I had to same issue when I started working out more, especially lifting weight. I had a trainer tell me to be patient because I was puttin on muscle but wasn't shedding the fat yet. My stomach looked a lot bigger but after about 2-3 more weeks of the training, the layer of fat went away and I could actually SEE the muscle there, not just feel it. I've learned to be much more patient since then.