~ IN NEED OF SUPPORT~ Arghhh! Today is NOT my day.

Options
I am having a horrible day. I had to fast last night for labs this morning. By the time I got home from the doctor's office I felt famished. Did I eat healthy? NO, I didn't. After eating I felt bad and depressed, so you'd figure I behaved for lunch. Nope, it didn't happen. So, now I only feel worse. I do NOT want to give up. I feel as though I am hanging on by a thread. I figured I would come to the group as a WHOLE instead of blogging because I need as much support and encouragement as I can get right now. I know that is why we like this site so much, because we aren't alone in this journey! Any type of motivation is welcome. Quotes, sayings, anything!!!! I have been reading over the Don't Quit quote several times today. Thank you all in advance. HELP!!!!!

Replies

• CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    So today sucks.....Tomorrow is a new day......Why not try walking some to burn off some of those calories and just remember the new life your are making for yourself is a daily process the important thing is not quit over one bad day....You can do it....It is ok to have bad days once in a while.
  • PaulP70
    PaulP70 Posts: 7
    Options
    Always remember to feed ur body with water when ur not eating!!! And listen girlfriend, once you start this new lifestyle it makes no sense to give up. We all have bad days, I had a bad week! But u wipe the slate clean and start again!! Push yourself!! You can do this!!
  • TinySparkles
    Options
    Not been on here very long at all so not very qualified at giving advice but just wanted to sat that a minor set back is just that!! Minor! So pick your self back up missy and get going again. You can do it because millions have before you and millions will after so if they can...so can you! Just believe in yourself and the rest will follow.

TinySparkles (aka Sacha) All the best!! x
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I was reading Sean's blog today and he had a great article on handling binges. Check it out.

http://losingweighteveryday.blogspot.com/

What works for me is just not having any bad things around to eat. Since it is just my husband and me, plus a few furry friends it is easy to just stock stuff that is healthy. My binges these day may be a small can of tuna or a small serving of skinny cow. Right now I am on a cherry tomato kick.

It gets easier, really. Just hang in there and don't let one bad day be your reason for quitting.
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    ya those lab days suck... and its hard to stick with it.. what you might do next time... take a protien bar or something of that nature with you.. that way as soon as the blood work is drawn you can eat something... then by the time you get back home your tummy wont be on strike and hating you. may not completely control the hunger but it may help you not go so far off the deep end..

and you know its a bad day.. you don't want to give up... so don't........ tomorrow is a new day.. let yourself have a pitty party today and start new tomorrow.. you've dont great so far. 35 lbs is awesome... so keep it up.. and remember.. what you are doing is going to make an awesome affect on those lab results. :o)
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    What works for me is just not having any bad things around to eat. Since it is just my husband and me, plus a few furry friends it is easy to just stock stuff that is healthy. My binges these day may be a small can of tuna or a small serving of skinny cow. Right now I am on a cherry tomato kick.

I totally agree with this! Don't keep junk around. And if there are others in your household maybe they would benefit from the lack of junk as well. My indulgences at home when I am in a funk are fruit, cheese, and like mentioned- tuna cans! I know if I had crap around I would eat that so...
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I've had those days since I started of MFP... you just have to remember: you can't change what you've already done, it's in the past. Learn from it and let it go. Decide how you want to change your behaviour going forward, and then DO IT! Next time you get an urge to eat like this, remind yourself of how awful you felt the last time.

Take a walk or add an extra workout - the day's not over! Make sure you drink plenty of water! I know I tend to binge on high sodium foods - so not only do I get the extra calories, but the water weight from the sodium. Drinking lots of water helps.

You can do it!
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    oh hun lab days always suck :c but you can always remember that even if today sucks tomorrow is another day and you can totally rock being healthy tomorrow.

that being said, why not exercise? And even if you feel like crap and dont feel like moving (which is TOTALLY understandable) there's always Yoga. there are PLENTY of videos on Youtube. just find a nice calm slow video with an instructor who is calm and nice ( my favorite one is a morning warm up yoga with an Austrailian guy named Robbie :D) it doesnt actually FEEL like exercise if its the slower yoga but it still burns the calories and you feel MUCH better about yourself and everything after.

good luck and i hope your day gets better *hugs* :flowerforyou:
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    You can do this! This is just one day. This is not your typical day but if you're like me it probably used to be. You are working hard and bad days come. Smile and move on... You can take this as a learning experience for next time, prepare in advanced for those super hungry times. Enjoy lots of water and long walks...

As a coach, I tell my players even if you don't win the first half of the game go on to win the second half. Win the rest of your day!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    If it is any consolation I thought I had been good this week & GAINED 3.4 lbs so you are not alone in feeling upset & annoyed but upwards & onwards & tomorrow is a fresh start. Good luck with the journey & don't be too hard on yourself.
  • shellythewelly
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've had a sucky day. Don't beat yourself up about it and think about tackling tomorrow!! The odd sucky day is a very minor set back; it's hard, SO damn hard, but you CAN do it!!! *hugs*
  • smilehello
    smilehello Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here are some funny and serious quotes! *Enjoy*! :smile:
    (From http://www.dietquotes.net/
    http://www.topendsports.com/psychology/quotes-motivate.htm
    http://losefree.com/2009/06/weight-loss-motivational-quotes/
    http://www.quotegarden.com/exercise.html
    http://www.inspirational-quotes-and-quotations.com/motivational-fitness-quotes.html)

If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise. ~Author Unknown

Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

I am pushing sixty. That is enough exercise for me. ~Mark Twain

Exercise is the yuppie version of bulimia. ~Barbara Ehrenreich

Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes. ~Robert M. Hutchins

“If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, it’s OK. But you’ve got to shoot for something. A lot of people don’t even shoot.” – Robert Townsend

“If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page” – Mark Houlahan

Our bodies are our gardens - our wills are our gardeners.– William Shakespeare

“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher

“You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.” -David Viscott

“The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!” – Marvin Phillips

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt

“Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible.” – Frank L. Gaines

“There is no failure in running, or in life, as long as you keep moving. It is not about speed or gold medals. It is about refusing to be stopped.” -Ambry Burfoot
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher

“You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.” -David Viscott

LOVE THESE!
  • Allie_Dreams
    Options
    Thank you everybody.

A special thanks to Smilehello. I will hold onto these. I love poetry, quotes and sayings. They help me alot in motivation.

I guess I am just feeling so overwhelmed today.

Like I said I had fasting labs. I also got into an arguement with my spouse, and to top it off I have 4 assignments due today in my two college classes (Psychology & Research Writing). I can tell I feel very over whelmed. It's the I don't know where to start or when I'll finish feeling.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Time for some tough love, love. It sounds like self sabotage. This isn't the first time this has happened for you. It's important to remember that self sabotage is rarely done in the conscious mind but rather subconsciously. Even though the vast majority of your mind, body, and soul may want to succeed there is a part of you that is holding you back - on purpose. Why? Because of limiting beliefs that you have acquired throughout your life into your subconscious mind, beliefs about being fat, that makes it beneficial to you to stay fat.

That sounds like psyco-babble, I know, but the bottom line is you have to figure out why, on a subconscious level, you want to stay fat. What about being fat are you still holding onto on a subconscious level? Are you afraid of being "ordinary"? Are you afraid of losing the armor that being fat gives us? Are you afraid of being sexual? Are you afraid of being successful? Self Fulfilling Prophecy says: "There, you did it again, you knew you would."
    And then we have the perfect excuse for beating ourselves over the head, just like we always do. Because in the end, change is scary. Staying the same is "safe".

Find your reasons as to why you want to stay fat and address them. When we bring our fears into the light often enough they no longer become our fears.

Get through this mental block and the self sabotaging acts will come less and less.