Food intolerance testing in uk

Options
Has anyone in the uk had one done, i would like one as suffering with my digestive system greatly but would it better to have one done privately or are the online ones accurate? Any experience or advice would be great as I'm pretty sure you can't get one on the nhs unless they suspect celiac? Also not great on restrictive diets so I feel the elimination diet would not be suitable. Thanks kristine

Replies

• Kristineevans1
    Kristineevans1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Speak to your gp
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to your GP though there are private companies that will do it thought I am not sure how reliable they are.

I will warn you though, I had to fight to see an allergist last year, and they only referred me because I refuse to move from the GP's office until they did, I had tried everything else and it was my last straw, they sent me and I was tested, but I think you'll have to try all sort of adjustments before they will even consider it.

You could try this company they'll give you a basic test for £9.99 http://www.yorktest.com/allergy-or-intolerance/?gclid=CJDesrXt77cCFSGWtAodRgkAEA
  • JewelleryByMandy
    JewelleryByMandy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Has anyone in the uk had one done, i would like one as suffering with my digestive system greatly but would it better to have one done privately or are the online ones accurate? Any experience or advice would be great as I'm pretty sure you can't get one on the nhs unless they suspect celiac? Also not great on restrictive diets so I feel the elimination diet would not be suitable. Thanks kristine

Hi. I had one and thought it helped a lot! It was non invasive too
    Pm me if you want and il give you details.