OMG... 10 days to go...

Options
10 more days until I see my husband... I usually only post in the July Goal Challenge but I just needed to share my story. For one I am so very anxious right now and really don't know what to do with myself.

I am married to the man of my dreams and we have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old BUSY son. My husband is currently in Iraq and has been gone since November. He is going to be home on the 10th for a 20 day leave. :happy:

The last day that I saw him I was 190 lbs... I am currently 160 lbs. That's right 30 lbs lighter! :bigsmile: I also chopped off over 15" of hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I've never had short hair and my husband is a long hair kind of man. However, I've never recieved more compliments in my life with my new style. It is kind of overwhelming because I am not one to take compliments (as I am sure many of us are) that well.

I've had my ups and downs on my weight loss journey and still have another 20 lbs to shed before I am done. But overall I am happy with my results! This is the first time that I've tired to lose weight without the aide of diet pills and I am so surprised at how easy it is if you stick with it and bust your butt (so to speak)! I also want to thank my July Goal Challenge friends for being there and giving me the encouragment that I needed!!!

***Also incase you wanted to know why I cut my hair and donated it... my 9 year old niece was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on April 29th. When she started to lose her hair I said I would shave mine. I couldn't quite shave it but every month I go shorter and shorter. So there is still a slim chance in there that I will. My sister ended up shaving the rest of my niece's hair off a couple weeks ago and she looks amazing. She actually looks healthier! She has been in remission and cancer free for about a month now but still needs to go thru chemo for 2 years. This little girl amazes me everyday and I am so blessed to be a part of her life!***

Well~ I hope everyone out there that has goals and hits bumps in the road don't ever give up! I wanted to when I hit the dreaded plateau but refused too. Just keep at it... and you will persevere!!!

Take Care~
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lovemuffins
    Options
    10 more days until I see my husband... I usually only post in the July Goal Challenge but I just needed to share my story. For one I am so very anxious right now and really don't know what to do with myself.

I am married to the man of my dreams and we have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old BUSY son. My husband is currently in Iraq and has been gone since November. He is going to be home on the 10th for a 20 day leave. :happy:

The last day that I saw him I was 190 lbs... I am currently 160 lbs. That's right 30 lbs lighter! :bigsmile: I also chopped off over 15" of hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I've never had short hair and my husband is a long hair kind of man. However, I've never recieved more compliments in my life with my new style. It is kind of overwhelming because I am not one to take compliments (as I am sure many of us are) that well.

I've had my ups and downs on my weight loss journey and still have another 20 lbs to shed before I am done. But overall I am happy with my results! This is the first time that I've tired to lose weight without the aide of diet pills and I am so surprised at how easy it is if you stick with it and bust your butt (so to speak)! I also want to thank my July Goal Challenge friends for being there and giving me the encouragment that I needed!!!

***Also incase you wanted to know why I cut my hair and donated it... my 9 year old niece was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia on April 29th. When she started to lose her hair I said I would shave mine. I couldn't quite shave it but every month I go shorter and shorter. So there is still a slim chance in there that I will. My sister ended up shaving the rest of my niece's hair off a couple weeks ago and she looks amazing. She actually looks healthier! She has been in remission and cancer free for about a month now but still needs to go thru chemo for 2 years. This little girl amazes me everyday and I am so blessed to be a part of her life!***

Well~ I hope everyone out there that has goals and hits bumps in the road don't ever give up! I wanted to when I hit the dreaded plateau but refused too. Just keep at it... and you will persevere!!!

Take Care~
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    WOW quite the story!!!

You have come so far, you should be sooo proud of yourself! Your husband is going to be floored when he sees you!!! Have you told him you were losing all this weight or is a surprise? What an awesome thing to donate your hair to locks of love!!

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    I am constantly amazed by stories of progression on these forums, but I have to say...yours is truly inspirational! Kudos to you for loosing all that weight. If my husband was in Iraq I think I'd be eating krispy kremes 24/7 out of nervousness.

Don't worry sexy mama ...I'm sure when your hubby sees you the last thing he'll be focused on is your hair...:blushing:

Congratulations to you!
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    First congrats on all the progress you have made, 30 pounds is huge. Second...I'd like to extend a THANK YOU to your husband and your family for the sacrifices that you make to keep this country safe. My daughter and I are able to live free because of the brave men and women that serve this country and the family's that are split up for extended amounts of time. To you my eternal gratitude. Third...my prayers to your niece and her continued good health.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Take Care~

Aw congrats I know you are excited I have about 12 days to go until my husband comes home from Iraq he has been gone 15 LOOOOOOOONG Months and I am super excited. Make the best of his R&R- when my husband comes home on R&R we make a point to wake up early everyday to take advanatage of the long days-- have fun- and I think its great what you did to help your niece and locks of love that is great-- Congrats on your weightloss- I too have lost weight since my guy has been gone up until about feb and I hit a plateau and can't seem to budge but good luck and congrats to you and have fun
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. I'm so glad he'll be home where he belongs (at least for a little) Enjoy the time:drinker:
    Your neice is in my thoughts... It breaks my heart to hear stories like this. but at least she's in remission.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • samaniegord
    Options
    My complaining seems so stupid now. You are amazing! You could have taken the easy weigh out and just given up but you didnt. Anything is possible when you set your mind to it. You are truly an inspiration. God bless you and your family. My prayers are with all of you.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up and and your FANTABULOUS work girlie!!! Keep us posted!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your time with your husband and your son. I know your husband is going to think you're beautiful! I, too, have a nephew who is in remission. It is a scary thing to go through. Best of luck to your family. :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Aww that is a touching story. I'm sure your husband will be shocked and very impressed with all that you have done, short hair or not! I'm sure he's going to understand why you cut it and think it looks beautiful :) I'm so excited for you! Keep us posted on his reaction when he sees you!
    :heart: Lauren
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words! I can't wait until my husband sees me. Of course we've talked on the webcam... they have come a long way since he was over there in 2003! But it isn't the same. I can't wait until he can wrap his arms around me and then some!!! :blushing:

He does know that I have been losing weight but of course when you see each other on a webcam you really don't get the full picture. I refuse to show him any skin. Ha ha ha... I guess I want to wait until we are face to face!

My sister and her family have been out camping since Friday and she had to come back to town with my niece lastnight at about 10 pm cause she had a temp of 102. So she had to bring her in to the hospital. They didn't get home until 5 am and are still sleeping... so I am waiting anxiously to see what is going on. I hope it is just a bug and nothing too serious. My niece is a fighter and will conquer anything that is thrown her way. I do know that if it was serious they would have kept her in the hospital... so I will just sit and wait. :ohwell:

Take care everyone... and thank you again for your support and kind words! I will keep you posted on the reunion and the reaction of my wonderful husband! :bigsmile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am so very happy for you.
    Give him a big hug from all of us.:smile:
    What he has done and is doing makes us proud!
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    You are a awesome Aunt and Wife !! God Bless you!! I hope your hubbie loves your new look!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]70715.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    yay! You rock! He's going to be so giddy to see you!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Your story brings tears to my eyes. Tears of remembering those days. I was a military wife for 20 years. My husband retired 1 1/2 years ago. But, I've been through 2 different 1-yr. remotes. It's hard and I'm so glad your hubby is coming home to visit. I lost weight too during the remotes and it is so much fun when he walks down the aisle from the terminal and sets eyes on you for the first time. Have fun, enjoy and keep up the hard work. And, thank you both for your service and numerous sacrifices too!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    wow what a story, and good for you for losing that weight. he is gonna be sooo happy to see his family the weight loss will just be a bonus later haha :laugh: have a great time together.:blushing: keep up the good work you are truley an inspiration to many:flowerforyou:
  • ciekay
    ciekay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo happy and excited for you!! You , your hubby and your niece are in my prayers!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!