How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Ive never been one for weighing, but since Ive had my mind on track for losing weight I want to weigh everyday! (just to see!) although I only take my Sunday morning weight for the record.
Who else feels like this?

Replies

• sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thats what i had been doing.

Last week i was so excitd i'd lost 1 1/2 lb the day before i weigh in only to weigh the next day and have put 3lb, i was gutted so i really think i need to stick to weekly weigh in's but it's so tempting to jump on the scales.
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I weigh every day... purely because I just can't stand not knowing!! I only record my actual weight every week/every two weeks sometimes... but I just can't help hopping on the scales every morning when I'm in the bathroom - just to keep an eye on things! I find weighing every day has helped me notice a pattern in my weight fluctuations, so if I suddenly have a huge fluctuation one morning I can think about what foods I ate the night before/what time of the month it is/what exercise I've done recently, and I usually know what to attribute the fluctuation to and I no longer panic when the scales move in the wrong direction :P
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    currently taking a break for 30 days, before that i weighed every time i saw the scale.
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I got too chummy with the scale like the rest of ya and challenged myself on the 3rd not to weigh-in again til the 28th. I would've said the end of the month but I have a party to go to the day before last so I think that would be quite inaccurate since I'll be letting myself indulge haha.

Normally though I was weighing almost daily but only logged on here weekly/ bi-weekly. After this little challenge I'll just force myself to wait a week.
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Ive never been one for weighing, but since Ive had my mind on track for losing weight I want to weigh everyday! (just to see!) although I only take my Sunday morning weight for the record.
    Who else feels like this?

I take my weight, for a record, every Monday.

Other than that, I hop on the scale anytime I feel like it. Sometimes once a day, sometimes more, sometimes not at all. I find it interesting. I'm new to all this business, so it's interesting to see my weight differ based on activity, lack there of, or because of my food choices.
  • Mrsshellers
    Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Once a week, at the same time - Wednesday morning when I get out of bed.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, sometimes more than once but only log the early morning weight.... Been registering it for 7 yrs... Is that sad?!
  • Bryce_a
    Bryce_a Posts: 1
    Options
    I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself everyday but I can't help it seeing that scale at the gym. Although my weight really doesn't fluctuate all that much so if I see a difference it usually sticks which puts me in a good mood for the day :)
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I was weighing myself everyday, logging it and then I stopped. I had a few binges and did not want to get on the scale the next morning. One day turned into a week and etc. Then it turned into 5 extra lbs. I am back to the routine of weighing myself, logging food and exercise for the day and coming here to read and help others. I need the discipline of the scale and the excitement to see the loss or maintenance. I need the routine.
  • JewelleryByMandy
    JewelleryByMandy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well, Im glad Im not the only one! i know its a weekly thing but its nice to know, it does give you a booster for the day like today when i was down a lb! I'll no doubt be back up another tomorrow!!! :laugh:
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    I weigh myself daily also. A few months ago I would do the same but get obsessed with it and get super annoyed when I saw a gain even when I ate well. But then I did some scale "rehab" and didn't weigh myself for a month. Now I weigh every day again but I don't get upset when I don't see the loss I was hoping for. I remind myself that it only tells me a tiny part of what is happening to my body.
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    The "weighing every day" is very controversial as you have to be able to handle the 2lb or so increase even when eating and exercising your plan. However, the trend (mine started going up) is the important thing. I am maintaining and saw the slow creep up so... I need to get back on disciplined track. It works for me.
  • supermysza
    supermysza Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Every day! That way I can see in "real time" if my calorie counting is working or if I'm exercising enough.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Currently, every day, sometimes more than once. But I got off my early morning result. I actually want to see my fluctuations, that way I can identify what causes them, ie water/food intake, period, whatever else. I find it interesting.
  • lilunsure
    lilunsure Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I record all losses and I don’t let fluctuations bother me or drive me insane. However, if my weight keeps going up every day, then I know I’m not doing something right and need to re-evaluate my plan. Works for me!
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    my "official" weigh in is Saturday morning when i'm in the buff and after I pee and try to poop. However, I do weigh myself daily because i too just want to know. If i see a weight that I haven't hit before i secretly hope I'll see it again on saturday. If not no biggie it's just a friendly reminder to myself that eating at a deficit and going 6 days a week is worth it lol
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    Every single day. In the morning after I wake up, before I eat, before I shower and after I use the bathroom. I also weigh myself nude just before I hop in the shower so I have an accurate reading every single time and not the addition of some clothing. Plus I like to see that .3 to .7 pounds a day loss. I used to see an average of .5+ pounds additional a day when I didn't care about my health. Its my own personal motivation seeing those numbers daily, it makes me want to keep doing what I am doing.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    every morning, right after I tinkle , and before I eat or drink, and in my birthday suit. :blushing:
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    I used to weigh every week but now I just do it whenever I feel like, maybe every few weeks? (:
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly, last week I had to but a new scale cuz the one I had would give me dif readings every time I got on them lol so I said that's enough of that . It is hard to go alll week without knowing if I lost , but I'm one that gets upset if I don't lose so I guess its best to do the weekly weigh in!