Anyone using TDEE method with 30 lbs to lose?

Options
Good morning. I was wondering if anyone was at or near the same stats as me using the TDEE method, and how many calories per day you are eating to lose weight. I have been changing mine up here and there, but haven't found my "sweet spot" yet to where I am seeing a consistent loss.

My stats:
Height: 5'6"
SW: 200
CW: 176
GW: 145
Activity level: moderate exercise 3-5x per week; average burn per session: 400 cals (I wear a HRM)
Total daily caloric intake: It was 1800; I just lowered it to 1700 beginning this week.

I used this website to figure out how much to eat each day:
http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/tools/Calculator-Daily-Calorie.html

A friend of mine used the same website to calculate hers, and it seemed to work well for her. Anyway, I was just curious what others in my boat were doing. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• TropicalBiologist
    Options
    NO because body weight is NOT regulated that way. The body itself controls "energy balance" and adjusts and fights you. The body has all sorts of safeguards and compensatory mechanisms to keep you around the weight it wants.

Body weight systems operate over the very long term - a year to several years.

All these methods are FRAUD.
  • CatAbiOli
    CatAbiOli Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm looking into this whole TDEE method, as MFP has me eating 1200 calories, yet where I have been reading it says don't eat less than your BMR which for me is 1775.

I worked out my TDEE which gave me either 1704 factoring in no exercise at all or 2752 for 3-5 hours moderate exercise per week (which I do!)

So I am very stuck as to where I start?

I'm 5ft 4, 33 years old with about 80lbs to lose. In 4 weeks i've only lost 7lbs :-( so I'm thinking I need to change what I am doing.
  • WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that your weight loss rate is very good. 7 lbs in 4 weeks in over a pound a week, which is a good safe weight loss rate. You are changing your life to do this, it should be sustainable over the long term. Maybe wait another month and see if you are still losing well before you change anything? Anyway, congrats on your loss and good luck!
  • sandyz1977
    sandyz1977 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm using TDEE and also have not found my sweet spot yet, but I'm trying! I'm 5'4 and 169.4lbs with a goal of 145 (although to be honest, I'd really just be happy at 150 for life). I'm trying 1863 calories per day right now. Most sites I've tried come up with the same number give or take 40 calories. I'm not seeing losses yet, but I've yet to be consistent with it for a solid week yet, so I'm not sure how it'll work.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    It's all so confusing, isn't it? I did TDEE-20% and lost inches but no pounds. Then I lowered my calories and did mostly cardio to lose pounds to get out of the obese category. I did that but didn't have many noticeable changes in my body like I did with TDEE-20%. I don't know why I'm tied to the scale. I'm working on it. I haven't weighed in for over a week, which is a big deal for me. Just keep in mind that you can work really hard and visible changes in your body but you may not see it reflected on the scale. So my suggestion for TDEE - 20% is to take you measurements and use an article of clothing to monitor your progress along with weighing yourself.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It's all so confusing, isn't it? I did TDEE-20% and lost inches but no pounds. Then I lowered my calories and did mostly cardio to lose pounds to get out of the obese category. I did that but didn't have many noticeable changes in my body like I did with TDEE-20%. I don't know why I'm tied to the scale. I'm working on it. I haven't weighed in for over a week, which is a big deal for me. Just keep in mind that you can work really hard and visible changes in your body but you may not see it reflected on the scale. So my suggestion for TDEE - 20% is to take you measurements and use an article of clothing to monitor your progress along with weighing yourself.

Yep, that is pretty much what I've been going through. I know I am getting smaller in some areas, but the scale always shows otherwise. I have a cruise in October that I wanted to be at goal for, but I am not sure now if I will have enough time the way things are going. :ohwell: