Any mothers in their 30's trying to get in shape?

Options

Replies

• rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 with 5 kids and one on the way. Right now I'm not losing, but I did egt down to prepregnancy before my last pregnancy, then gained 40 pounds with him and never got it all off before becoming pregnant with this one. So I'm trying to keep in shape during this pregnnacy so I can burn it all off after :)
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    I'd imagine that "moms in their 30s trying to get in better shape" describes about 90% of the women on mfp...
  • countryclowgirl
    countryclowgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of four, 15, 12, 10, 9 years olds. I'm 36 and fighting the 40's weight gain.
  • Natalea7
    Natalea7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 32 with an almost 3 year old boy. I'm just joing this app and I have just ordered a Fitbit. I'm tired of being tired, over weight, and out of shape so I would love any advice!!
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi mommies! I am 32 mother of 6 and trying my hardest to get in shape. Please feel free to add me, am a daily user and always looking for/ giving motivation xx
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    32 with a 4 and 5 year old girl and boy :) I don't know if my diary is open nor do I know how to check that lol
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33 years old with a 14 and 6 yr old. I'm getting close to goal but love new friends! Diary is open to friends (I don't eat clean or the healthiest, but log it all)
  • Harmony2376
    Harmony2376 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 37 Mummy with an 8yr old boy and twin girls who are 6.
    I bought a set of scales today and now I know what my goal is: I need to lose 60lbs, and if I can lose 2 lb per week, I can get to my ideal weight by January 2014.
    New to this whole friend/blog/diary thing, so anyone in a similar situation who can help me stay on track, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ashface1029
    Options
    Well I'm not 30 (yet) I'll be 29 this year. I have two boys- almost 8 and 3 1/2. I've been working harder than I ever have in my life to get into shape. Im getting there! But I sure wish I had done this 10 years ago hahaha.
  • msfine2328
    msfine2328 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 33 with 3 kids. Two of my own and a step child. 16,15 and 11. And they are all very busy with my 11yo who is the busiest. I also work full time at least 30 minutes away from my house. I had done so well a couple years ago but then have let it go and gained a good hunk back. Hoping being on MFP more in the community will keep me motivated. :smile: Love to have a sorts of friends
  • CajunTexan33
    CajunTexan33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 with an 11 year old! Working to get in shape working with my body and my autoimmune disorder which means at the moment I am stuck with walking, biking, and lower body workouts.. BUT...once i figured out my food intolerances it has really changed my life and helped with my overall energy levels and inflammation. Love to get to know anyone dealing with gluten/dairy intolerances or autoimmune arthritis! Or anyone looking for support...trust me..I am use to my body not doing what I want it to do which is extremely frustrating to someone who was a life long athlete!
  • MyQuest4HealthierMamaMichelle
    Options
    I am 35 with two girls (age 3 and 8). I've struggled with my weight all of my life. I have gone between feeling motivated and doing weight watchers or things on my own and the other extreme of giving up and figuring I was just fine with who I was. Enough is enough, I am hoping this is the last time I "start over"...I want to live a healthier lifestyle, not just for my girls but for ME! As women, mothers especially I think, we do so much for everyone else we don't always focus on ourselves. I'm so obese that I have been fearful, overwhelmed and embarrassed. I feel like I have so much weight to lose that it seemed impossible. I need to change my mindset and just focus on adding activity to my life and eating healthier. I started Monday with an 8 weeks to a healthier you program at our local Y. I think it will be a great jump start to my new lifestyle. I want to be a good example for my girls and want to feel more confident and have a better self-image. I knew for awhile now that I wanted to get back to exercising and stuff it’s just very, very overwhelming and hard to get started knowing I have to basically lose half of my body. I have to stop focusing on that and focus on just each day and small goals. I’m sick of feeling embarrassed and like having anxiety about if I feel like it’s safe to sit in a chair or if I will fit in a booth at a restaurant or whatever else. I hate feeling self-conscious all the time and don’t want to be an embarrassment for the kids. I hate sweating for the smallest activities. I want to be able to do stuff with the girls more comfortably and feel less lazy. I think getting my license renewed and seeing my HIDEOUS picture was partial motivation too! This time around I'm using all support I can find and putting myself out there more. Instead of feeling uncomfortable at the gym and feeling jealous and annoyed by all of the fit people and embarrassed to be around them, I plan to work really hard on feeling more comfortable and confident and knowing that I am doing the right thing for me and if they want to look at me negatively, so what. I'm there to improve myself. I think one of the toughest parts is taking away from family time. I work full-time so when I get home I want to hang out with my girls but know that if I want to see them grow up and want to enjoy more activities with them, I need to shape up!
  • nikkim19781
    nikkim19781 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im 34 with a 13 year old boy and a 3 year old girl! I am having great success with logging my food and exercising 6 times a day...ive lost 6 lbs in a week and a half. Im sticking with it as my bday is next month but I still have about 30 more pounds to lose to get to my goal weight
  • trace79or
    trace79or Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 34 with a 19 month old and a 3 year old. My diary is open to friends so you can add me....my goal is to fit into my size 5 jeans sitting in my closet and I am adamant about wearing them!!!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    SAHM of 6 kids 14,13,12, 9, and 16 month old twins. I am 34
  • angeedee
    angeedee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a 35 yo mother of 2 - ages 10 and 4. My husband and kids are very slim. I was never super skinny, but was told I was underweight occasionally by others. I have not lost any weight in the last year really, but have gone down a size. I have a very hard time losing weight. I've been off of here and most exercise for about 2 months (I still ran fairly regularly). I am recommitted to this and my workout regime. My goal is to be a size 10 (or smaller would be awesome - but never happened for me) - I'm not focusing on weight.

Right now my kids don't have weight issues, but I still want them to eat well and know that exercise is an important part of life.

I think my diary is open.....feel free to add me! I'm always looking for encouragement (something I lack....which makes it even harder when I'm the only one trying to encourage me).
  • mscountrygirl39456
    mscountrygirl39456 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 31 with 5 kids, ages 13, 11, 9, 7, and 5, and I need to get in shape....... I started counting calories about April 15, and so far I've lost 25lbs!!!!!!!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    31 year old mom of 2. Recently divorced and would love some friends to help me get on track!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    turning the dirty thirty next month...have a 4 year old little man who is my pride and joy... would love supportive friends :)
  • Brunette_Babe
    Brunette_Babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 30 and just had my first baby in April :o)

I'm on a slow and steady roll and determined to get back in to my pre preggy clothes by around October (The Christening!)

xxx