Insanity workout/that old belly fat thread..

Options
Sorry, I know this has probably been posted a million times, but I'm a bit stuck what to do.

I'm 5ft 11 and I used to weight about 16.5st and have got down to 11st. I did this from eating less/heathier (though not *that* healthily) and exercise-wise 100% through cardio.

I started lifting weights for about 3 weeks, but then got into running 10ks and what not.

Anyway, I'm not at my goal weight, but I still feel I have a very flabby belly. I started doing INSANITY 3.5 weeks ago as I thought it'd be exactly what I'd need to shift the fat. It's been going well, but maybe I didn't research very well but it's very much weighted to cardio isn't it? So far, I haven't lost much weight (which is good) and I feel a *bit* firmer. However, my belly is now feeling flabbier than before, but kind of lower down?!

I'm now worried that I'm wasting my time with Insanity and will actually come out of it just a bit skinnier (which I don't want), with flabby skin everywhere (as I do NO strength training). How am I meant to know whether I should lose the flabby skin through weight loss or strength training? I'm almost certain it's not loose skin. Sat at my desk now and I can grab a whole lot of flab above my belt with my hand right now (sorry for that image..)

I did some "before" photos for Insanity, so it's not that different to what I'm like now; I'll not use img html so I don't spoil your tea ;)

if my friends are reading, please don't click these.. :P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22158488/20130527_101150.jpg (just noticed how big my head looks now, ha!).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22158488/20130527_101158.jpg

Anyway, as you can see I have absolutely no muscle or definition. Is the rest of Insanity going to help with that? Is it all about month 2? Should I just get through it and then start some weight training?

Replies

• Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to get abs in 3.5 weeks. I didn't start to really show until after month 1. I will try to dig up my results I posted previously. The picture below is my month 1 results. I am 4 days from finishing all together now.

Make sure you nutrition is IN LINE. Insanity will only work about 20-25% for you. The rest of your body builds off what you feed it.

Month_1_Finish_zpse6ae4f1e.jpg[/URL]
  • Adforperu
    Adforperu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I appreciate I won't get abs that quick, but I was worrying if I was going to get any at all! :)

Nutrition.. well, that's a downfall. Always eat under maintenance calories, but not necessarily very heathily (see diary for more on that...)

Good work by the way!

I will say that little "dint" you've got in second photo.. I'm getting that too, I guess that's the start of something yeah?!
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    You should just join a boxing gym.
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I appreciate I won't get abs that quick, but I was worrying if I was going to get any at all! :)

Nutrition.. well, that's a downfall. Always eat under maintenance calories, but not necessarily very heathily (see diary for more on that...)

Good work by the way!

I will say that little "dint" you've got in second photo.. I'm getting that too, I guess that's the start of something yeah?!

Just stick with it man. I eat way under maintenance, but my protein is usually 1g per pound of weight. So I eat 182g of protein per day. I never saw a change on the scale much, but I blew through my clothes and almost 4 inches on my waist. I was a 38, now a 34.
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    To me you need to gain and eat around 3000 calories a day and get on the weights while do Insanity. You look very thin just need muscle mass.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Read the nutrition guide and use the calculations they give for how many calories you need to eat. It really does help. I just started month 2 yesterday and my results are crazy good so far. PS, Insanity is known to not be a great ab sculpter, but you WILL burn off the fat, so at least whatever muscle is already there will eventually show through.
  • halesss3
    halesss3 Posts: 31
    Options
    Wow you look great Jchambers1130!! SO glad I found this since i'm about to finish the first month. Thanks for posting!
  • Adforperu
    Adforperu Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the delay.. Thanks for the reply guys. Just going to keep at it and see what happens :) at least I'm getting fitter and stronger by the day