need support and friends

Options
my name is lucy. i want to add some friends for support and suggestions. i am currently at 138 lb. at 5'2 and i really want to lose weight and get in shape! i have been running at least 2-5 miles 3-5 times a week i have been doing this for about 4 weeks but my eating habits are really bad:( i need some help! i guess what I'm trying to say is what diet/food should i start eating? i heard the more protein you eat the more muscle but I'm not sure if i should eat more protein if I'm still trying to lose weight!?

if anyone one has been in this situation how have you dealt with it ? Did you see results? or if you are currently in the same position what are you doing to deal with it?

Replies

• appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I weight a lot more. My problem is sugar.

I would say track your meals, everything. Then look at where you go over, and pick a food that you think you can reasonably eliminate that goes over on it. Maybe it is all the sugar in cherries, or the fat in bacon.

Start small.

Also eat lots of vegetables! =)
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh about 7lbs more than you. I actually changed my intake of calories this week and bought a whole butt-load of new foods for me to eat, and it is actually working so well! My eating habits are beginning to shape up and be pretty great! (except for today.. Cheat day!!) If you'd like to add me, you're welcome to! And to look at my food diary! =)
  • leina257
    leina257 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" too and weigh 131 and we have pretty much the same exercise regimen, as I too run from 3-5 days a week. I drink a lot of water! Actually, all I ever do is drink water and eat a bunch of fruits and vegetables! I'm a pescetarian so I don't eat meat but I do eat a lot of sweets which is a problem for me and is probably the reason why I haven't lost anything more. The food tracker has helped me out a lot. Are you paying attention to how you are using it, or are you using it?
  • 21lcd21
    21lcd21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks for the suggestion i will defiantly consider it! :)
  • SydneyRenee2
    SydneyRenee2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy! You need to eat the proper balance of carbs/protein/fat. Tracking in mfp has been key for me! Do you know what you have your macros set to and have you figured out what your TDEE should be? I can send you a link to help you figure that out if you don't know it.
  • 21lcd21
    21lcd21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi sydney! i would appreciate if you could send me the link please, im not sure at all what my TDEE should be?
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, Lucy!

In terms of protein, I suggest eating some with every meal/snack because it keeps you full longer, thus reducing cravings to snack more later!

Awesome job on the running, keep it up!