Easy quick snacks for work

Options
Anyone have suggestions for quick healthy snack ideas??? I usually bring pistachios, crackers, and sometimes rice cakes but i'm out of ideas!

Replies

• FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Fruit, nuts, carrot sticks, baby sweetcorn, ryvita.... Any good?
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    beef jerky
    greek yogurt (or whatever kind of yogurt)
    hard boiled eggs
    string cheese
    fruits/veggies
    protein bar
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of fruit for snacks, usually a banana, but I also have string cheese on occasion.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Chobani
    Dry roasted soy nuts
    Mini Babybel
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Try peanut butter smeared on celery sticks topped with raisins. YUMMY!! I love peanut butter, but because of the calories, I can't eat it with crackers or bread.
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually bring a granola bar and grapes.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe for oatmeal cakes on a website called "Chocolate Covered Katie" that I've found very tasty and filling. Basically oatmeal, mashed banana, oil and water, some additional seasonings. They clock in at about 90 calories apiece and are very moist. I like to bring them into work and heat them up in our toaster oven.

ETA: I also have an "emergency" can of smokehouse almonds in my drawer. They're more calorically dense, but I also find them very filling and tasty- scratches my "I want a bag of BBQ chips" itch!
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I eat Fiber One bars like they are going out of style. They are good, and they give me extra fiber, which is good.

Also, breakfast on the go snack packs of almonds and granola. Mmmm.

Promax protein bars.

Bananas.

Hummus and carrots.

Sometimes cinnamon almonds.

Be wary of PB! So many calories in such a tiny (sometimes not filling) amount.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Heres's what I bring every day:

oatmeal - steel cut usually with craisins or a Tbsp of jelly/compote
    greek yogurt with berries
    banana
    protein bar (pure protein chocolate peanut butter is my current fave)
    some other fruit to go with lunch - apple, nectarine, orange, whatever's on sale and/or in season and/or peaks my interest

And I always keep a couple 100 cal packs of almonds and a box of Cheerios in my desk drawer, just in case I'm having a hungry day
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    grapes, luna bars lemon zest or blueberry, nuts, hard boiled eggs. beef jerky. Love love love Chobani flip Greek yogurt key lime crumble. Dried apricots.nature valley dark chocolate cherry bar.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I bring fruit, usually nectarines or plums or greek yoghurt. I don't usually feel the need to snack though.
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    my two favorites at the moment are morning snack- cup of grapes - red, and cup of watermelon
    afternoon snack is cup of diced cucumbers, cup of halved cherry tomatoes with 4 tbs of greek yogurt with fiesta ranch dip seasoning ... very yummy the fruit is about 140 calories and the veggies with dip is about 100 calories ... love this thread!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. PRETZEL STICKS.
    2. CEREAL BARS
    3. FRUIT SNACKS
    4. 100 CAL COOKIE/CRACKER PACKS
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I bring cottage cheese and a homemade protein bar to work ever day (or a store bar if I've been too lazy to make my own - Luna, Cliff, Lara bars.). Dried apricots, almonds, apples, and bananas are also regular snacks for me. Jerky would also be good, but I don't eat a lot of meat.
  • amandacillin
    amandacillin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, keep a bag of grilled chicken, canned tuna, nuts, smart balance peanut butter, celery, hard boiled eggs, chobani no fat yogurt w/ fresh fruit, and Blubonnet protein shakes (google that. It is NATURAL protein w/ no artificial sugars but tastes great) ..quick and easy to grab stuff.
  • taoistpunk
    taoistpunk Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    blueberries
    cheerios (1 serving)
    Hard cheese 1oz (goat or sheep is best...email me if you want some names of things I enjoy)
    Individual cottage cheese packs, no fruit (too much sugar)
    Any fruit or veg is always good..I usually do carrots and broccoli
    edamame shelled (with 1 tsp. lite soy sauce)
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Moon Pops or Magic Pops (16 cal each) with PB2 (45 cal for 2 T). Nice and crunchy, peanutty and delicious!
    Light and Fit Greek yogurt, any flavor - only 80 calories per carton, and a healthy serving of protein.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sugar Snap Peas
    Cucumber
    Fresh Fruit like Cantelope or Blueberries
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Sliced Bell Peppers(Red, Yellow or Orange) with a littel Hummus to dip

I also subscribe to a weekly snack delivery called Graze.com where they mail me a box once a week with 4 pre-packaged healthy snacks... usually dried fruits, nuts, crackers & dips. I love it! Not sure if they have gone public yet though may still be a waiting list. Another similar company is Nature Box.
  • figomezzo
    figomezzo Posts: 29
    Options
    wow! "Chocolate covered Katie" looks like a great website. Thanks for sharing!!
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I usually bring a gallon size ziplock bag with carrots, snap peas, cherry tomatoes, and bell pepper slices, and anything else I might think of to throw in there. I also usually have an apple, a peach, or cut up strawberries. Sometimes I have almonds and peanuts, but I don't really like them that much. I also keep a bag of white cheddar rice cakes in my desk drawer. Oh, and I also have a giant chocolate bar (the 86% ghiardelli dark) that I break off one piece per day and eat. Also, I don't know if this an option for you, but I also frequently bring a sweet potato, wrap it in paper towels, nuke for 5 min, and pour on plain cinnamon that I keep in my desk as well. People frequently mock me, but so what.