How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Every day here. Wake, pee, weigh. I log it every day and learn from it. Daily fluctuations don't bother me in the slightest. In fact I find them fascinating!

libra.jpg
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I weigh every day... purely because I just can't stand not knowing!! I only record my actual weight every week/every two weeks sometimes... but I just can't help hopping on the scales every morning when I'm in the bathroom - just to keep an eye on things! I find weighing every day has helped me notice a pattern in my weight fluctuations, so if I suddenly have a huge fluctuation one morning I can think about what foods I ate the night before/what time of the month it is/what exercise I've done recently, and I usually know what to attribute the fluctuation to and I no longer panic when the scales move in the wrong direction :P

I do this as well!
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I get too hung up on day-to-day fluctuations, so the answer is "rarely". I go by how my clothes fit. I've had some occasional pleasant surprises when checking in at the doctor's office.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Every couple of days.

I found out that x gasp x my weight changes all the time! Can you believe that?

If it goes down, I'm overjoyed.
    If it goes up, I'm overweight and have to add more exercise or lower calories.

Pretty scientific...
    :laugh:
  • CapeCodSheila
    CapeCodSheila Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday when I get up. If I do it more often than that, I tend to eat according to what the scale tells me.
  • bmalone62
    bmalone62 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Doing the same thing! I weighed myself so much that I had to ask my hubby to hide the scale!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    EVERY FREAKING DAY!!! Yes, I even pack my scale for vacation!!! I am addicted to seeing the number
  • jujunnaichi
    Options
    Everyday. First thing in the morning right after using the bathroom.

KojhvW0.png
  • mariabraceyrobinson
    mariabraceyrobinson Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I like to see every ounce come off. I also like to see if I put on weight as well. It keeps me motivated. If the scale has gone up. I workout a little harder that day to bring it down.
  • thintor
    thintor Posts: 33
    Options
    i weigh myself every time i see my bathroom scale.
  • kandienicole
    Options
    I used to weigh daily at the same time until I got closer to my goal weight...small fluctuations in my diet would reflect wrong on the scale. Now I weigh once a week and feel better about myself....I don't beat myself up every day if I am up a half or full pound...once a week seems to be a better measurement for me.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    once a week.

Sunday morning, 0830, and take measurements at the same time.

Yes I can't stand not knowing, but weight fluctuates daily, and I would be driving myself nuts checking every day. I get mad when I gain in a week, imagine how much I would drive myself crazy checking every day and getting pissed off that I'm gaining.

Besides, once a week is obviously working for me, since I'm almost to goal.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Every morning is what I enter. I look at night because it's fun to guess what morning will show. Lose between 1-3 pounds from night to morning.
  • AdamBrown1974
    Options
    Once a day, in the morning right after I wake up before breakfast.

Go the the bathroom first. It's amazing how much of a difference that can make. -_-
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    usually every other morning or so. and i record any losses.
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Had to stop weighing daily and logging once a week as in May a started having some fluctuations and they really go to me. When we went on vacation I saw that I had lost a few ounces and felt very good. Then it was back. I decided that If I didn't get back with things in a scheduled manner I would never make it to where I want to be. I braved up and logged and have not been on the scale but once since..
  • katmariew
    katmariew Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Every day, sometimes multiple times in a day. I may be a little obsessed...but I'm trying to keep it in check and meet the daily calorie requirements. I am not going below 1200 calories.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I weigh every day... purely because I just can't stand not knowing!! I only record my actual weight every week/every two weeks sometimes... but I just can't help hopping on the scales every morning when I'm in the bathroom - just to keep an eye on things! I find weighing every day has helped me notice a pattern in my weight fluctuations, so if I suddenly have a huge fluctuation one morning I can think about what foods I ate the night before/what time of the month it is/what exercise I've done recently, and I usually know what to attribute the fluctuation to and I no longer panic when the scales move in the wrong direction :P

For me, this hits the nail on the head. Daily check but only record on "official" weigh in day which for me is Tuesdays. Gives me one day to 'flush' extra sodium after the weekend.

Although measuring can be a pain, I do that too. It is more telling than the scale. i've seen several pics on MFP where the before is the same as or even LESS than the 'after' pic, but the person looks amazing in the 'after' pic because of a dramatic shift in body fat percentage and muscle tone/gain. :)
  • timbrom
    timbrom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Every day. even multiple times a day just to see the immediate effects of eating different things, of exercise, bowel movements, etc. I track my weight every morning right when I get up and keep a spreadsheet with a 1 week moving average. That's the number I actually use to track progress.

But then, I'm a numbers person, and I could give a bleep if the number goes up or down from day to day.
  • diannecampbelll2
    diannecampbelll2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, I think it helps keep me in check. I only record my weekly weight every Monday.