My results 1 year later

Options
drpleiades
drpleiades Posts: 12 Member
It is just a couple days away from my fathers birthday, and it was this time last year that I took my dad out for dinner. I had a photo taken of me at that time and something about the photo made things "click" in my head. I did not like the way I looked... at all. I had been feeling big but seeing the picture made me get in gear and get things done. So I started to work out and a little after that started using MFP. I am currently on 290 Days of continual logging in here. I work out almost every day and currently love doing Triathlons

My before:
Weight-280lbs
Pant size - 44 waist (pushing 46)
Shirt Size - XXL

Some before pictures:

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_3091.png

My After:
Current Weight - 187 (still some more to go)
Pant size- 34 waist
Shirt Size - M

IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

And of course a comparision shot :)

64a83f33-7745-434d-8cfc-0088e89cfdce.jpg

Replies

• ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Wowza Pard! GREAT job! Though...I totally want that Jager blowup botle!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your progress is amazing and especially for one year's time!
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    That's a great result for less than a year. Looks like you've really embraced the healthier you. :o)
  • gillmitch
    gillmitch Posts: 64
    Options
    wow that is such an amazing job I bet your so proud of yourself you deserve to be . well done :)
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!! Well done!
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You look sensational!!! Truly an inspiration :)
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Wow, I did not realize you had lost SO much weight!!! I am so impressed with you. Your drive and determination are outstanding! You really are an inspiration!

You look AMAZING!!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, wow! Great work!

Two random comments:

1) Love the chucks with the suit.
    2) Love that you ran for a basset hound rescue :)

Congrats :)
  • bhenderson87
    Options
    Great Work!
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the good job. You look great.
  • drpleiades
    drpleiades Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it has been a tough year to say the least, lots of ups and downs. There was plenty of times I wanted to just give up because I was frustrated, stuck at a particular weight (plateau so to speak), tired, or just didn't feel it was coming. In fact it was, those little by little things day after day are hard to notice when you look at yourself in the mirror every day. Its by keeping at it and pushing through with the help of others that bam... you are a new person so to speak.

I was just talking to my wife the other day about this, I don't feel like I deprived myself at any point during the last year. There are days when I wanted a greasy burger, so I had one. Go out to a restaurant and have dessert? sure I did that too.This site helped me to realize I just have to account for it the rest of the day and week. Know that I can't have that burger every single day, but hey every once in a while its okay. The rest of the time make the smart choices listen to my body and know when I'm actually hungry versus it would be nice to have a taco right now haha.

I still have goals to get to, I have my L.S.F. to reach, Leaner, Stronger, Faster.
    Wow, wow, wow! Great work!

Two random comments:

1) Love the chucks with the suit.
    2) Love that you ran for a basset hound rescue :)

Congrats :)

1. Yeah it was my best friends wedding and we all wore chucks with our suits, fun day.
    2. My wife and I are huge dog people, she is on the board for the Basset Hound rescue, she runs all their social media, and we are also foster parents so we always take in new hounds before they find their forever homes. When I needed a kit for my tri's I decided I wanted to represent something I am vested in as apposed to just some company who made the stuff. So spent some extra money to have a custom made tri suit. Hopefully I can get maybe a little more awareness out here in socal for the rescue :)
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome!!! Very inspiring :)
  • Jred36
    Jred36 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow...great job and thank you for sharing with us!
  • KIRKYMAN67
    KIRKYMAN67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im just at the very beginning of my 1 year journey, but when I see what can be achieved it motivates me so much.
    Congratulations - You must feel amazing !
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and it's great that you can look back and see such a difference. I think it's also great that you took your father out for his birthday and can now remember this time and having a pic from back then is a reminder of how far you've come:)
    I saw a picture of me at my daughter's high school graduation and realized that I had to lose the weight...I'm down 17 lbs and I'm going to keep going!! Your post and others have been so motivating to me.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Awesome results. Congrats!
  • nicolelridl
    Options
    Amazing transformation, GREAT JOB!!
  • graceisfree
    graceisfree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You've got some fantastic leg muscles.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!