favorite salad dressing

Options

Replies

• cupcakelady12
    Options
    Hi,

We like Walmarts Light Buttermilk Ranch, Ken's Light Dressings are good too.

Sandra
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've started to be pretty fond of Annie's Light Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. 40 cal for 2 TBS, and you don't need too much of it to get a great tasting salad.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Ken's Fat-Free Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette - 70 calories for 2 Tablespoons is my first choice. Also, I buy Ken's Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette & Ken's Honey Dijon (all lite ones).
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like Maple Grove Farm brand they have many sugar free and fat free versions that taste great. I like their balsamics and their greeks far. I try to buy a new flavor each time I run out. Almost time for a new bottle ;)

I second the Maple Grove Farms. I follow a low sugar regimen, and their sugar free version is 5 cal/2 Tbsp with zero sugar.

I will say, however, that the strawberry flavor doesn't taste very good on a salad containing tuna. :ohwell:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    seasoned rice vinegar is low calorie and amazing.. i use that along with a dash of red wine vinegar and a squeeze lemon.
  • nak1a
    nak1a Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    f I don't make my own (Balsamic, olive oil, garlic, Dijon) I loveTrader Joe's Balsamic vinniagrette. I love it so much....its the best, I cant get enough of it....seriously. 80 cal for 2 TBL
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ranch. Ranch forever. My favorite is the kind you get in restaurants and they mix it up in big tubs. Mmm...
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Panera's Balsamic Vinaigrette which luckily I can now find in the grocery store I shop at!! I now eat salads ALOT!!! :happy:
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like the apple cider vinegar and honey vinaigrette dressing I make - so good!
  • bhenderson87
    Options
    I like the fruit and vegs ones from Kraft! They are delicious!
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Garlic Expressions - love the flavor and I actually don't use as much as I thought I would. It's 55 cal/TBSP and 225mg sodium.

The trick is to pour the dressing around the sides of the bowl and then fold your lettuce from the sides into the middle of the bowl until all the leaves are coated. Learned this method courtesy of one of Bobby Flay's shows :)
    I can get about 6 cups of lettuce covered with 1 TBSP of any vinaigrette dressing this way.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Olde Cape Cod Wasabi Soy Ginger.
  • heyia
    heyia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms-Sugar free low fat italian dressing

For 2 Tbsp

Calories 10
    Fat 1
    No Saturated, Polysaturated, Monounsatuarted, trans or cholesterol.
    Sodium is 350 Mg's
    No Carbs, or sugar
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I make my own dressing with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a bit of garlic powder.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Balsamic Vinaigrette, love it!
  • megfischer
    megfischer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bolt house Farms creamy varieties yogurt based dressings are just 45 calories for 2 tbsp. Hungry Girl recommended on her great website and they are delicious!
  • Sarahonly
    Sarahonly Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've had house dressings at several Japanese restaurants that are delicious. One was a ginger dressing, the other apple, I believe. Wish I knew how to make them myself!

At home, I've been getting the Kraft asian sesame!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is home made honey mustard vinegrette (I mix it and keep it in a squeeze bottle in the fridge. You know, the kind that you find on tables sometimes for mustard and ketchup.)

5 TBSP Apple cider vinegar

1 TBSP Oil (I use canola)

2 tsp yellow mustard

1 TBSP honey

2 oz water

4 dashes of pepper

It makes about 12 one TBSP servings and comes in at:

17 calories
    2 carbs
    1 fat
    0 protein
    9 sodium