Beer and weight Loss. Has anyone mastered it???

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Many people have...the first two that come to mind for me are Trogolicious and firstsip.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm......Keystone Light! Six pack? They make 30's. :)
    molson 67 <--- love it. but i like light beers anyway, so it tastes great to me.
    for parties i bring a six pack of keystone light, they're only 102 calories per beer, so if i save around 600 calories for the night, i'm golden!

also i binge drink probably once every second saturday
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Nope, I haven't lost any scale weight in 3 months - BUT - I've lost 5.5 inches and 4% body fat. I'll take that over pounds on the scale anyday.

The beer is worth it to me, I just refuse to log on the weekends.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    This thread made me crave beer! Belgian trippel nom nom nom
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it takes longer.
  • nikkishastid
    nikkishastid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    JUST DRINK A BEER THEN RUN IT OFF AND REPEAT UNTIL YOU PASS OUT...LOL
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    No problem. It's only an issue when I'm a lazy *kitten*.
  • traviswise71
    Options
    When you choose to drink beer, make it count. Life is to short for cheap beer. buy the good stuff and then like all the other posts have stated, Moderation. Have one with a meal and stay under your caloric limit. I like to enjoy a beer while I am doing something like chopping wood or mowing the lawn. Sweat and beer go hand in hand.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You can consume nothing but beer. As long as you keep a deficit, you will lose.

Yeah, you certainly will. You'll lose your muscles, your liver, eventually your life.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm a IIFYM person. I just came back from a beer fueled vacation and still managed a loss, but I tried to watch the portions I ate and found a gym at every hotel we stayed.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Yeah, you certainly will. You'll lose your muscles, your liver, eventually your life.
    LOL:smokin:
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    its not the beer that kills me,its what i eat after drinking that kills me :(
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I changed my beer drinking habits from drinking 3-5 beers every day, & 8-12 on weekend days to only drinking on weekends period (F, Sat & Sun). I also switched from Budweiser to Bud Select 55. I typiclly like an ice cold one after a long motorcycle ride, or hike or after doing a lot of strenous yard work :drinker:
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I just save up my calories for beer. Then drink. I usually have a lower tolerance due to low calories, and I even out usually.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    1100 unique beers in the past two years and almost 90lbs lost. I have discovered the fountain of skinny.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

What is this, the Bukowski diet?

barfly.jpg
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i go out pretty much every weekend and drink as much as i want and dont think about it... but i freakin work my butt off all week and eat clean, so its kind of a reward... i do usually gain about a pound over the weekend, but thats usually gone by monday.
  • msqueenofpain
    msqueenofpain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Biggest beeraholic right here. I stopped drinking for 2 months and lost 30 pounds. For fast results give it up for a few months and then return to drinking if you need to.
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation, including moderation.

I haven't given up my beer. But I only allot earned calories to beer. So I might have to wash the car, mow the grass, run, lift weights, or more in order to justify my habit.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

As long as it finally gets me my endlessly-sought thigh gap, IN