Beer and weight Loss. Has anyone mastered it???

Options
13»

Replies

• kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I've found Coors Light and Miller Lite are the most calorie friendly and also drinkable. That's my go-to happy hour with the guys at work beer. On the weekend or beer tastings with the guys... all bets are off. I drink good stuff and in whatever quantity is desired. The weight didn't hop on after a night of 1K calories of beers so it won't do it now either. I also structure my food calories lower on those days too. Consistency is key. If you always go over with 1K calories of beer then the weight will go up. Once in awhile won't hurt.

EDIT: My ticker speaks for itself... 100+ lbs are gone and I drink what I want within the above tactics I stated :-)
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55 is my friend! :drinker:
  • VannesaMarie
    Options
    I absolutely love this forum lol

But yes, it is very doable!
    34647201.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Beer is too much grain for my body to handle on a regular basis these days, but in the past I've incorporated 2 beers a night into a calorie restricted food plan and lost weight successfully. Right now that's two glasses of wine a night. :) Just make sure you aren't sacrificing essential nutrients for it.
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I drink it for the vitamins! :drinker:
  • feliciaflores
    Options
    I drink Michelob Ultra or Miller 64 and just log it..Not the best but it's beer!
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Another thought -- simply log it as water and barley. All of a sudden it sounds healthy, yes?
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    welll a couple of suggestions i looooove the taste of beer so i don't buy light beer that often unless im playing like beer pong or beer die...

additionally with that being said people say to drink em because they are lower in calories if you plan on getting any buzz i don't suggest light beers like miller 64...the only one that's ok is Michelob ultra since it is accurate with its alcohol % my buddy brews and has a hydrometer and them lighter beers are all around 1.9-3.0% alcohol even though it states its higher so you will drink a lot more SUPER empty calories

but I often have 1-3 good beers and a double shot seems to do the trick
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Hasn't hurt my progress a bit.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm too lazy, hungry and currently lacking in LBM to drink very often. But when I do drink I like to enjoy a nice red wine or IPA microbrew (both have high caloric content in compairson to other choices) and I usually will drink instead of a meal. I just pre-log (shudder) and do my best to stick to what I've logged.