vitamin D

Options
2»

Replies

• figomezzo
    figomezzo Posts: 29
    Options
    will do! My mom also gave me some of hers to try months and months ago that were gel types sourced from Lanolin but they did it as well. :(

I will try another brand and hopefully that will be the difference!!!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your supplements? Because vitamins and other nutritional supplements are not regulated by the FDA, if you are buying the cheap kind from the grocery store there may be a bunch of extra junk in there that isn't on the bottle, or the capsule itself, usually made from some kind of gelatin, may be bothering you. Try going to a local health food store to get a reputable brand. They will be a little more expensive, but shouldn't be too bad. The brand I take is NOW, I think 4000iu per day, and it doesn't bother my tummy at all.

This. Even from the "fancy" brands, vitamin D is pretty inexpensive. Look for D3, not D2 which needs to be converted in the body for use. You might look for sublingual versions as well.
  • Iowadolls
    Iowadolls Posts: 7
    Options
    I have the same problem I have changed to D3 vitamin as they are suppose to work better in your systems. I can not say on the gas as I eat many salad type of foods. I am thankful that I can. I take a 1/4 tsp of baking soda in my supper meal before going to play cards. It helps me but there is things on the drug store that will stop the gas. Baking soda is a salt so that means you need to be careful with it. I have to be careful with salt and my legs swelling .....oh how I hate water pills. If I keep eating raw vegetables I can get by without water pills plus keep the salt down. Drink my water helps keep the swelling down.

This is the third time losing the weight. I have lost 40 lbs in the last 10 years from my highest number ...I have 50 to go. I am 72 yrs old and all my joints are getting replaced. Now if I knew I had problems with Vit D in my life I might of not had the joint problems. I can be in the sun and my body doesn't use the Vit D or iron like other people. I am good right now I go in for my annual check up next Tuesday and see what the totals. I just had my shoulder replaced with an yr of waiting to do it. I will be able to do my sewing playing cards etc but can not pick up any weight right now it is 2 lbs going for 20 lbs. I have soft bones so the drs are concern about the screws coming out as they put the metal ball on my should blade. I am so glad that they can do as I was in so much pain and could no even play any cards etc I love to sew and do my dolls etc I have both knees done. My next shoulder will be coming but I will do everything to not have it. So glad that we can learn from each other. Ruth
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I take a liquid form of Vitamin D that's in suspended in an oil. Just 5 drops in my morning water and it's really been effective at keeping my levels up with no gas or anything.

I've talked with 3 different doctors, 2 nutritionist and a health practioner. ALL of them recommended Vitamin D Supplements as a way to reduce cancer and stay healthy without having to risk getting too much sun.
  • Iowadolls
    Iowadolls Posts: 7
    Options
    Good idea of taking with fish oil I do take it with a meal but many times I am eating a salad without dressing over the counter. Ruth
  • figomezzo
    figomezzo Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks Ruth! Yes, I too take the vitamin D3 from Cholecalciferol as its supposed to be the better form to take.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    My doctor had me increase my supplement to two a day because my blood test level was low.
    I have digestive issues too and have not noticed it with this vitamin.
    I hope you find the right supplement for you.