5'-5'2" girls! what's your goal weight and body fat %?

Options

Replies

• Tmaready
    Tmaready Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'2" & body fat is at 34% weighing 180. I have an athletic build and pear shaped. A lot of factors play into Bf % If you look good and feel good and are able to go up a flight of stairs without being 100% winded, I would say you are where you need to be! :) However, we need goals to keep us in Check and something to work towards, so my goal for now is 150. When I get there I will probably cut it down to 135. I am 33 years old. Not sure if I can get under the 130's but I am going to do my best to get there! Good luck to.everyone!
  • scottishsenorita
    Options
    I'm 5"0 and 134 lbs with 19% fat. BMI is just 26 so just over the healthy range and I wear a size 8-10(UK). I'm more than happy now, if I lost more I would look ill. Everybody is different, you need to find your healthy, happy weight :)
  • shayleac
    shayleac Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and weigh 114lbs.
    I would like to weigh around 108 and then re-evaluate from there.
    The calculator says i'm currently 25% bf but i'm not sure how accurate that is.
    I'd like to be 21% which is the bottom of the 'healthy range' for my age.
  • estielouise
    estielouise Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and I weigh 166 as of now. My body fat is between 34% and 28% depending on which calculator I use. My goal is currently set to 115 pounds, but as I get closer to that I might change it depending on how fit I manage to get :)

I am same as this- currently 166 lbs goal around 136lbs to start with. No idea what my body fat is!
  • atlchc8
    atlchc8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 too and at 160 you'll be about 28% body fat which is still overweight but I like my body at 160 lbs. The healthy range for our size is 115-140 lbs.
  • atlchc8
    atlchc8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    im 5' 3" and i am 246 lbs.. making my BMI like 50%.. it is scary high and embarrassing even on here...

i want to get my weight down to 160 area im not sure what that would make my BMI but i hope it makes it in the healthy range.

I'm 5'3 too and at 160 lbs you would be 28 % body fat which is still considered overweight although I do like my body at that weight. The healthy range for our height is 115 - 140 lbs.
  • TNPackersGirl
    TNPackersGirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and currently weigh 213. I can't remember exactly what the scale said my BF percentage was other than it was shockingly high. I'm meeting with a personal trainer today and hoping to get a BF percentage reading then. My first goal weight is 130. If I get there, then I will have lost 100 lbs total. I want to be fit, eventually, so I guess I'm looking at a goal BF % of around 20%, but frankly, the pounds just need to come off before I really start concerning myself with that.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1". I started at 221 lbs. I currently weight 167 lbs. My goal is between 120 - 130 lbs. I haven't calculated my body fat %, so I don't know about that one.
  • Yami97
    Yami97 Posts: 15
    Options
    ^^^ You sound just like me!!! 100lbs over all to lose on a 5'1" frame. What was I thinking?!?!?!?!
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" 126 pounds with 18% BF. My goal weight is 115-118, but I'm more concerned with BF% which I would like to get down to 15-16%.
  • Yami97
    Yami97 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and currently weigh 213. I can't remember exactly what the scale said my BF percentage was other than it was shockingly high. I'm meeting with a personal trainer today and hoping to get a BF percentage reading then. My first goal weight is 130. If I get there, then I will have lost 100 lbs total. I want to be fit, eventually, so I guess I'm looking at a goal BF % of around 20%, but frankly, the pounds just need to come off before I really start concerning myself with that.

^^^ You sound just like me!!! 100lbs over all to lose on a 5'1" frame. What was I thinking?!?!?!?!
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft I weight 148 my bmi is 28%. I'm trying to get down to 125 to have healthy bmi of 25%. Your numbers do seem a bit high.

A BMI is not a percentage. It's a score that is obtained by using your height and weight and nothing else. Body fat % is supposed to be a representation of your actual body fat vs. lean mass, it is *not* the same as BMI. The OP has a lot of lean body mass (muscle, etc) and so will have a higher BMI even though her body fat percentage my be healthy.

At our height, BMI will vary drastically among healthy people depending on their build.
  • romanticRECK
    Options
    bumping for later
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am 39 yrs old 5' 1" weighing at 177lbs with 33.0 BMI. My goal is to get between 125-130 lbs between 23.0-24.0 BMI.
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'2 and weigh 121 on weekdays but around 125 on the weekends. I started out, about four years ago, at 155 or so pounds. So it's been a long and wonderful journey for me! :)

My body fat currently is 24 percent.

My goal weight is 115 (and 120 on the weekends so I can still indulge a little!) and body fat at around 20 percent.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting your numbers from? Your BMI doesn't seem right to me....

I'm 5 feet tall, I started at 180 and my body fat was 35%, I'm now 138 and my BMI is 26%. My goal is to get to 125-126lbs, so I have a healthy BMI of 25%

BMI calcs can be completely off -- what doesn't seem right

I"m 5'3" with a BF of 21% and a weight of 140#

Although BMI can be used for most men and women, it does have some limits:
    It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.
    It may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle.
  • JewelleryByMandy
    JewelleryByMandy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'', I am currently 178 lbs, and 32% BF. I would eventually like to be around 125-130 lbs, and 22% BF.

Me too, although I'm at 146 ATM. We can do it! :happy:
  • Savendra
    Savendra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 5' 1" with a starting weight of 225 and since I first started my journey to lose weight I've lost a total of 12 lbs. I currently weigh at 213 lbs.

My weight goal is to drop down by a minimum of 95 lbs and weigh anywhere between 120-130 lbs. Before I started to lose weight my body fat percentage ranged between 54-55%, which varied between the different Body Fat Percent Calculators I used on the net. Currently my body fat percentage ranges between 50-52%.
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weigh 120, I have not had my body fat tested and don't really think the calculators on line r too accurate I get readings from 21-31 using different ones. I don't know how a wrist measurement plays into it my wrists have been the same since I was 195 lbs, and I have friends that r 80 lbs more than me with smaller wrists or arms and I hardly think that meansi have more fat. Hmm what do u think.
  • TNPackersGirl
    TNPackersGirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 5' 1" with a starting weight of 225 and since I first started my journey to lose weight I've lost a total of 12 lbs. I currently weigh at 213 lbs.

My weight goal is to drop down by a minimum of 95 lbs and weigh anywhere between 120-130 lbs. Before I started to lose weight my body fat percentage ranged between 54-55%, which varied between the different Body Fat Percent Calculators I used on the net. Currently my body fat percentage ranges between 50-52%.

We're in the same boat!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!