Who is using this site for overall health?

Options
Hi, I'm a senior in High school and I've recently started using this site to just track my caloric intake, exercise, and general health. I drink two liters of water a day (at least) and exercise 5-6 times a week. Who else here is using the site to supplement their daily life and not just lose weight?

Replies

• Dawn_2013
    Dawn_2013 Posts: 170
    Options
    I am using it to lose weight and focus on health. :flowerforyou:
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I started on it to lose weight but after discovering how great I felt my priorities shifted a lot. I'm still losing, but now my health is a much bigger concern.
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    I started using this site for weight loss, but am using it more for health now--after seeing I wasn't getting enough calcium on a pretty regular basis.
  • SLIMmahogany
    SLIMmahogany Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that you feel a lot better when you watch what you eat. My metabolism is still raging so I can pretty much eat whatever I want, but that doesn't do it for me anymore. Good luck with all your goals!
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    ME!!! I like to go in in the a.m. and plan my food for the whole day. That way, I get an overall pic to ensure I am eating enough fresh, raw fruits & veggies. I also like to keep my sodium in check and I'm learning pretty quickly which foods to stay away from (anything processed!).
  • dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    ME!! This is a great website to learn so much from so many different parameters! Great support and motivation as well. My wish is for all that join mfp to learn that this is a life long journey to better/cleaner eating and making the best choices possible under any and all conditions. And when we do fall, which is inevitable, know to get right back up again, brush yourself off and continue on the right path again. I personally have been able to completely kick my sodium habit and most recently have kicked my caffeine addiction. This was only done by reading all the information on here and knowing that so many others were able to do, that I could too.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!! :drinker: I'm not looking to lose any weight. I just like working out & being as healthy as possible. I have learned so much about nutrition & how my body responds to carbs, protein, fiber, sodium, etc. from logging my food. I was SHOCKED to see how much sodium I was consuming prior to tracking it. I also find a TON of motivation on this site that helps me stay on track. I love it here!!! :love: