HELP! can't lose back fat or breasts!

Options
2»

Replies

• SamanthaMT
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that some of us are going to be stacked no matter what. Breasts are made of tissue AND fat. So for those of us who have genetically large breasts (I'm a 34G) comprised of mostly tissue, most of it is not going away. If someone has big boobs BECAUSE they are overweight... they'll be able to lose them no problem.

I also read that when a women IS wearing a bra for a long period of time, that doesn't fit, the excess tissue escapes and spreads... culminating in side "fat." However, by normally wearing a correctly fitted bra, that tissue will eventually come back together as it now has room to do so. *fingers crossed on that one*
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    What's the problem?

Now you just have two sets of boobs.

One set on your chest and another set on your back.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Since Jan 2012 was the last time I posted in this, let me say. I have lost all my back fat, no rolls back there now. I've also went down to a 34 D maybe even a 32 DD. The boobage isn't budging much. I have people making cracks when I tell them I'm 120 lbs that 20 lbs is in my bra.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    No personal experience, but my friend lost 40lbs and the strain on her back became worse when she became "top heavy". She ended up having to get a reduction and the back pain is now gone.
    When I started losing weight, I wore a 42DD.... 56lbs lost, and somehow I am now a 36DDD. Everyone around me makes comments about how most women go flat chested when they lose weight, but mine got bigger. Such an inconvenience!
    I hope mine get bigger!

My husband would appreciate this!
    Just the other day, (me) "Hey hun! Look, I can wear my smaller bra :)" (him) "NOOOOOOO"
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Bump. I went from a 46G down to a 38 DD. I still have back fat, but that has always been there, though with Insanity, my lower one that was above my butt is almost gone. My husband makes the joke that I am losing my boobs but I would rather lose those (which I lose the weight there first, my tummy is last) because when I was preggo and they were huge, my back hurt really bad to breath (they said it was because I was well endowed and overweight and stressed that my breast milk dwindled and vanished).
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    You look like you still have a pretty high body fat %, so the only answer is to reduce it. You can't pick and choose where it comes off first.

And unless you're literally sporting bowling balls, there's no reason for you to be in that much pain unless you just don't have proper support. I'm a 36FF and my back doesn't hurt. It used to hurt, back when I was wearing a 40DD, because that's what I thought my bra size was at the time. Then I got a legit bra fitting (not from VS where they're going to tell you you're whatever size is the biggest they carry b/c it's the only way they can sell you a bra) and found out how a bra is really supposed to fit. And get a good sports bra. I like Panache but do some research after you get a proper fitting and check out higher end sports bras that will take that strain off of you while you're active.

Anyway, you can choose to be happy with your back and boobs the way they are if you want your tummy and legs to stay the same. Or you can choose to lower your BF and reduce the size of your back and (probably/maybe) boobs along with the rest of you.

And for the love of everything warm and fuzzy, stop with the excessive cardio. Go pick up something heavy!
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Jumping jacks...make them your friend! I did a month long challenge along with my 2x a week kickboxing class and went from a 38DD to a 36D so far. Start slow with 100 jacks a for a few days then add 100 each day and by the end of the month you will see results. No cheating _straight arms all the way.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    January, 2012. Braaaaaaiiiinnnnnnssssss!