What diet plan is everyone following

Options

Replies

• dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm not really following a strict plan, however I am eating low carb and it is working! I set my macros to 20% carbs, 30% protein, and 50% fat. You might feel tired the first week but after that, your body gets used to it.

When you eat low carb, your body must burn fat to provide energy.
  • ozgirl911
    ozgirl911 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'm finding since using FP that I'm more mindful of what I'm eating and how many cals I have left at the end of the day. Also surprised at the sugar content in fruit, however I feel fruit is healthy and it's not processed sugar. I have Natvia in my tea/coffee.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Deanna_garnermommy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just eating clean and non-processed.

Thank you so far this is the only intelligent comment I have read. Eat real food. period.
  • marinacriss3
    marinacriss3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am eating fruits, veggies and meats. Trying to avoid bread, pastas, and processed sugar.
  • sherrisluzinit4good
    sherrisluzinit4good Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Just track your calories, move more and you will lose weight. Don't get caught up in gimmicks.

Amen to that Sweetie! There is no "FAST FIX" to this problem. I can attest to that. :D
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I eat less, move more. I journal every bite. No caloric or diet drinks, no fast food.
  • crblbrown
    crblbrown Posts: 9
    Options
    I am following the tracker on MFP. Three days in and I feel good. Can't wait till Friday to see how much I have lost. I eat everyday foods....I love peanut butter and I had some for breakfast yesterday. I know if I say I can't have the things I enjoy, I won't stick to it. Moderation and keeping track of calories,and carbs.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i really hate how the word diet is used these days. a diet is just what you eat and what you live off of. so i am on a diet of food.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    Eat Less, Move More! I eat 1850-1900 calories a day, yesterday I had chocolate, today I plan to have chocolate. This is something I can sustain for life, as I still eat the things I like, just less of them!

I'm also aiming to exercise 5-6 days a week for 30-60mins. I've lost 0.5kg this week. not a 'fast' loss, but a sustainable and healthy one. I've been on that many diets (Shakes, Jenny Craig, Dukan, Atkins etc) and while I lost weight, they didn't teach me to eat well or to have a good relationship with food and so I put it all back on plus some.

Try it, you don't need to buy into gimmicks to lose the weight!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm on the Eat What I Want as Long as It Is 500 or Less Calories Under What I Burn in a Given Day diet.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I weigh/measure all of my food and maintain a 300-500 calorie deficit on non-workout days.
  • OMGitzj3551k4
    OMGitzj3551k4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My "diet" is 3 meals a day with the occasional snack (fruit) while watching my calorie intake. Natural foods, nothing processed.

Keeping it old school and OMG!! it works!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    tracking calories here and 60 minutes exercise
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    There are so many different diets/weight loss plans around that it can be difficult sometimes:

Paleo, clean eating, IIFYM, sound beach, atkins, meal replacements, keto, low carb, high carb, low fat, high fat, IF...

You want to know what the secret is to losing weight.

Find something that works for you. Sure your cousin's best friend's brother lost 100lbs by following x plan but that doesn't mean that it's the right plan for you. People have different reactions to different foods, different cravings, different lifestyles and these difference need to be taken into account when determining what will work for any given person. On a basic level calories in, calories out works but in the end no matter what you decide it has to be something that is sustainable for the rest of your life. So if a particular plan cuts out a food that you can't live without then it isn't going to work.

Me, I do IF 8:16 with an IIFYM approach
  • BTCOtts
    BTCOtts Posts: 1
    Options
    We are counting calories. The whole family is doing it together. We are all trying to get healthy, I am a diabetic and need to get my sugar levels under control. We can use all the support we can get as we all have well over 100 lbs each. :embarassed:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Mine is a miracle diet!!!!!!!

It's called "eat less, move more". Have you heard of it?
  • claudiasiplak
    claudiasiplak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count your calories, move and it will work. That way you can eat foods from all groups and don't deprive yourself of a treat every so often. Good luck!!
  • mrsek09
    mrsek09 Posts: 32
    Options
    A ketogenic diet, under 20 gms of carbs a day, most of which come from veggies. No grains or breads. Added strength training 3-4 days a week and walking at lease 2.5 miles a day above "normal activity" 5 days a week.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I bought a juicer and now doing a juicing diet, where i only consume juice for 6 days and run a minimum of 3 hours everyday. On the 7th day i reload my body with food by eating 1200 calories. I also do restiance training 7 times a week, where i do really high reps so i can convert all my fat into muscle, also I dont actually do any of this i just hit my macros all day everyday and exercise.
  • dgodin67
    dgodin67 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am a diabetic and do go to the gym and walk about 1 mile 4 days a week. I no longer eat processed sugar as my diabetes has been running very high, but thanks to the http://www.lowcarb360.com/low-carb-recipes I have found a way of still getting my sweet tooth satisfied.... I just don't have the patience to count calories.....