5'-5'2" girls! what's your goal weight and body fat %?

Options

Replies

• ApocalypticFae
    ApocalypticFae Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    5'1", petite frame, goal weight is around 98-100 lbs. with body fat percentage of around 17%.

I'm getting close to that. Last time I got my BF% calculated, I had around 19% body fat.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am 27 and 5' 2" 143 not sure of body fat right now. I am a size 6/8 ( I work out quite a bit) I would like to be about 125-130 or whatever a size 4 will equate too. We shall see... feel free to friend me.
  • lazirlott
    lazirlott Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" currently weigh 133lbs. Goal weight is 120 lbs. I'm in the healthy range for BMI for would like to lose a bit more body fat.

SAME HERE :happy:
  • JacquiMayCrook
    JacquiMayCrook Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    After reading some of these posts I am truly confused:ohwell:

I use the fat 2 fit military calculator too. I am 5ft 2" and weigh 126lb but my body fat is 29.9%.

How are you all scoring so low?

My waist is 29, hips 38, neck 12.5.

I was using this as a guide and hoping to get to 115 and around 21%BF, but now I am just... :embarassed:
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    To give you an idea of how widely the numbers can vary, I'll give you my stats. I'm 5 feet tall, 39 years old and 174.6 pounds (and falling.) I would like to get to 21% body fat, which is in the low end of the "fitness" range and very healthy for a woman my age. I lift heavy weights and carry a lot of muscle.

My Body Mass Index (BMI) is 34, which is considered obese.

The military body fat % calculator, which uses height, weight, neck, waist, and hip circumference, puts me at:
    37.5% body fat, with a lean body mass of 109.1 pounds. Goal weight at 21% body fat: 138 pounds (currently overweight)
    Try it yourself: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

The Fat 2 Fit Radio body fat % calculator, which uses weight, wrist, waist, hip and forearm circumference puts me at:
    26.8% body fat, with a lean body mass of 127.9 pounds. Goal weight at 21% body fat: 166 pounds (currently healthy range)
    Try it yourself: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bf/

The Covert Bailey body fat% formula, which uses age, wrist, waist, hip, forearm, thigh and calf circumference puts me at:
    27.4% body fat, with a lean body mass of 127 pounds. Goal weight at 21% body fat:161 pounds (currently healthy range)
    Try it yourself: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/cbbf/

What do we learn from all of this? All of these calculators (including BMI) are designed to work with a typical person in mind and break down a bit when someone who is particularly short or particularly fit, or particularly anything out of the ordinary uses them. I would not use any of these as an accurate measurement of where I am at. I suspect it's somewhere between the military calculation and the Covert Bailey. (Around 34% judging from how my clothes fit)

When I get down into the 160s I'm going to have Bod Pod testing done to get a more accurate idea of my actual body fat percentage and set a goal weight. What I'm not going to do is worry about my BMI, or what other people my height weigh, since that would put me at an unhealthy body fat % or require that I lose muscle mass.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    To give you an idea of how widely the numbers can vary, I'll give you my stats. I'm 5 feet tall, 39 years old and 174.6 pounds (and falling.) I would like to get to 21% body fat, which is in the low end of the "fitness" range and very healthy for a woman my age. I lift heavy weights and carry a lot of muscle.

My Body Mass Index (BMI) is 34, which is considered obese.

The military body fat % calculator, which uses height, weight, neck, waist, and hip circumference, puts me at:
    37.5% body fat, with a lean body mass of 109.1 pounds. Goal weight at 21% body fat: 138 pounds (currently overweight)
    Try it yourself: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/

The Fat 2 Fit Radio body fat % calculator, which uses weight, wrist, waist, hip and forearm circumference puts me at:
    26.8% body fat, with a lean body mass of 127.9 pounds. Goal weight at 21% body fat: 166 pounds (currently healthy range)
    Try it yourself: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bf/

The Covert Bailey body fat% formula, which uses age, wrist, waist, hip, forearm, thigh and calf circumference puts me at:
    27.4% body fat, with a lean body mass of 127 pounds. Goal weight at 21% body fat:161 pounds (currently healthy range)
    Try it yourself: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/cbbf/

What do we learn from all of this? All of these calculators (including BMI) are designed to work with a typical person in mind and break down a bit when someone who is particularly short or particularly fit, or particularly anything out of the ordinary uses them. I would not use any of these as an accurate measurement of where I am at. I suspect it's somewhere between the military calculation and the Covert Bailey. (Around 34% judging from how my clothes fit)

When I get down into the 160s I'm going to have Bod Pod testing done to get a more accurate idea of my actual body fat percentage and set a goal weight. What I'm not going to do is worry about my BMI, or what other people my height weigh, since that would put me at an unhealthy body fat % or require that I lose muscle mass.

Thanks for illustrating the large range of variation in calculator results.

For the time being I'm just sticking to a single calculator for comparing my progress with regard to BF% (the military calculator, since I haven't been tracking wrist or forearm circumference). Maybe one day I'll ask someone at the gym to do a caliper test on me, or pay for a body pod test if they have those in my city.

I think people should remember that all of these tools are useful for general trending and tracking, but should be used in conjunction with noting body shape changes in the mirror, clothing fit, functional strength, etc. I.e. I look better, I feel stronger, I can lift more and run a bit faster . . . therefore I won't get *too* caught up in the numbers, although goals are nice :smile:.

It has been a bit eye-opening for me to track my body fat percentage, though, in that it's confirmed a suspicion that I had that my eating disordered teen years likely did a number on my lean body mass and I hadn't quite recovered that lost muscle mass over the years. Learning that helped motivate me to work on strength training, which has been tremendously helpful lately.
  • theteamarie
    theteamarie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and 5'2. Not sure what my body fat % is as I haven't had a chance to find out. My HW was around 130 and my LW was around 95 which was a little too low for me. I'm currently 113 and aiming for around 105-100ish area. Looking to gain more muscle for sure.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and 5'2. Current weight is 136 and 26% body fat. I would like to get down to 20-23%. Don't really care what I weigh at that point.
  • boszorka
    boszorka Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 28 and 5'2". Weight when I started was 128. I would like to get down to 104-105.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 years old, and 5'2 3/4" (of course, for BMI purposes I round up to 5'3"). My goal weight has always been between 115-120 and about 20% BF. Right now I'm 125 and about 23% BF. I've been trying to work this last bit of weight off for a YEAR now...and everytime I make some progress, one bad meal or cheat day puts me back up to 125. I'm starting to think that's where my body wants to be! Grrr....

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy enough with my body at this weight, but there's always room for improvement!
  • melancholyjen
    melancholyjen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i am 29, 5'2.5 and weighed 138 the last time i checked and had a 25.6%bf. i'm pretty muscular, so i really wouldn't want to be lower than 125, though i was about 133 last year. i'd like to get to 130 as a norm and 23%bf.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    5'1", 124 pounds and at around 30% body fat

looking to get to

115 pounds, and 22% body fat
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 42 years old. Weight is 123; BF% is 22. Aiming for BF% of 18 (ok with weight gain to get there).
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    After reading some of these posts I am truly confused:ohwell:

I use the fat 2 fit military calculator too. I am 5ft 2" and weigh 126lb but my body fat is 29.9%.

How are you all scoring so low?

My waist is 29, hips 38, neck 12.5.

I was using this as a guide and hoping to get to 115 and around 21%BF, but now I am just... :embarassed:

I use all three on that site and average the numbers to get my estimated BF%. My measurements are waist 26.5, hips 32.5, neck 11.5. BF% averages 22%. Weight is 123.
  • celenachan
    celenachan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5" and around 97lbs. I went to a gym and the guy that measured me with calipers came up with 23% body fat. I was very surprised since I work out quite often and have been lifting for the past month or so. I understand the concept of skinny fat, but I would say that I actually look pretty toned...as I have a relatively flat stomach and abs peeking out..furthermore, I was 122lbs a year ago, so I can't even imagine my body fat % then.

I am actually looking to gain a lb or two of muscle and maybe get my body fat % down to 18% or whatever is considered lean/athletic. I'm hoping the guy measured me incorrectly...
  • conwojo
    conwojo Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" 159.81 and am a 48 year old woman with a goal weight of 130. I just started the Ideal Protein diet and I"ll post my most recent weigh in results to illustrate the importance of fat loss and how it may not show on the bathroom scale. This is how the measurement appears on the wrestlers scale:
    03/06/14----Body Type - Athletic Gender Female Age 48 Height 5ft 2 0in
    Weight 159.81b BMI 29.2 Fat% 41.2% BMR 5951kj Impedance 590 Fat Mass 65.81lb FFM 94.01lb TBW 68.81lb
    03/13/14
    Weight 159.01 BMI 29.1 Fat% 39.1% BMR 5917kj Impedance 547 Fat Mass 62.21lb FFM 96.81lb TBW 70.81lb (water)
    -.08 .1 -2.1% -3.6lb 2.8lb 2.0lb
    After 7 days of no cheats, I step on my home scale and don't see a loss. A bit discouraged, I go to my weigh in and learn that I have lost 3.6 pounds of pure fat. My water weight increased by 2.0 pounds which is expected as I am chugging water like a mad woman. I don't understand what the rest of this means and am learning more at my weigh in tomorrow but I've learned that fat loss doesn't always show on the scale the way that you want it to. I've got a long way to go. Wishing everyone happiness and success!
  • jaimeizzle89
    Options
    Im really glad I read this, it's so crazy how different everyone's bodys can be. I've just started measuring and found my body fat percentage is 27% on one site and 23% on another. Im 5'2 and 185. I had personal trainer tell me a very long time ago that I would never be in the goal weight for my height because of this exact thing. At 20% I'd be 150 so that's my new goal.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, 155 lbs, body fat is around 33%. Goal weight of 130 and around 23% body fat. Hoping to get there by fall.
  • C_LO211
    C_LO211 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair under 5'3 and I'm currently at my goal, I think. I'm 108 when I wake up and according to various websites, my BF% is somewhere around 14-16%. Maintaining is my next challenge...

This is where I want to be bt it's soooo hard to break past 126lbs What did you do or have you always been healthy?
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am 26, almost 27, years old and 5'1". I am currently 144 lbs. I have a goal weight of 130 lbs and an ultimate goal weight of 125 lbs. I don't know what my BMI is
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!