Help please :))

Options
shylady76
shylady76 Posts: 134 Member
Hi there this is my first time for posting on here. I am in need of support, help, *kitten* kicking or what ever else may do the trick for me. I have been logging all my foods that I have been eating for 3 plus weeks but the last two days I have noticed I am slipping and getting back to my old ways. Always hungry and eating but I have worked hard at losing 10 lbs in that time and I don't want to find it again.

Replies

• bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    We all fall off the eating better truck every once in awhile.....you can do it...... feel free to add me!!!
  • vitkomazzetti
    vitkomazzetti Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You know, I've been using this website to track food and exercise for a week and a half. I've lost 3 lbs or so, and I am at a plateau, but I am experimenting on calorie intake.

Now, about your situation I've got an idea. I know this may not be new to many people, but hear me out.

Since I reduced my food portions, I was always hungry, so It occurred to me that if before having any delicious food for my meals I could have a big salad with an unrestricted amount of dressing that I specifically LOVE the taste of (in your case choose what YOU love). You can even sprinkle bacon bits on it.

The point is that MOST of the calories in the salad will come from the dressing, but it's NOT gonna be hundreds of calories. DON'T worry about it. The salad will taste delicious and will fill you up quite a bit. THEN you can have your main course(s) in small portion and you will enjoy.

Trick is to really treat this approach as something YOU HAVE TO DO -- just like going to work. THEN after a while IT WILL BECOME SECOND NATURE to do it everyday.

If you think you can try this, maybe you can post your progress and I will know. I have hope that we can make it work for both of us.

Vitko
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Same here. You can add me if you like!:happy:
  • mtnhiker1
    mtnhiker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am new here, been counting for a week so far. Probably everyone has experienced what I have gone through on other diets so I will relate the stages I expect to go through here. I set a goal of 2 lbs per week. During the first week I expected - and got pretty close to losing 10 lbs (actually 9 lbs). I made a few rules for myself to follow. 1. I cannot borrow forward. 2 I can save up, in other words if I am low on a day I can roll over the calories to the next day, every Wednesday (for me) I multiply the number I have rolled over by 70% (0.7) and I can roll these over for the week. I can use these calories to treat myself, go out to eat etc. 3 This is the tough one - I do not count exercise calories toward more food intake (may modify this at some time in the future, but for now this is a rule of mine) . These are my starting rules
    now back to things I expect to happen - I expect to plateau this week (maybe 1 lb loss if that) for probably two weeks. But I know if I stick with limiting my calories I will continue to drop weight (slowly) - I keep telling myself that the results will be worth it.
    I am not one to preach but for me - Changing habits are never easy...but sometimes necessary

Good luck to all of us here
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of protein and fats, they're great for satiety. Your body needs a minimum amount of protein and a minimum amount of fat every day, but there is no minimum for carbs. Fat and protein fills you up, I eat them like crazy, but stay under your caloric goal and you'll be fine
  • beckiern1
    beckiern1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm good for some *kitten* kicking! i've done 68 pounds so far, about 20 pounds to go. i definitely agree with making sure you have enough protein, but you do need carbs. it's what kind of carbs that you need! i love bread, so instead of sourdough (despair!) i've switched to 12 grain, and i've gone from eating three pieces to eating one.

you can do this! it sounds like you need a bit of a change to get over this plateau. i've got some great recipes, feel free to add me!

bex
  • dgodin67
    dgodin67 Posts: 10
    Options
    try " The 100" by Jorge Cruise. Works well and never hungry
  • dgodin67
    dgodin67 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been doing the 100 but at a higher sugar level. I am over 60 so i am the the 500.... even though i watch al that eat and keep a journal i have lost a total of 7 pounds but absolutely not one pound this week,,, it is so frustrating....i exercize aobut 4 times a week, walking and pilates.....anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?????????????? So Sirley you are not alone in your battle.... i am right there with you :)
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged...we've all been there! Just have to remember to take it one day at a time.......feel free to add me!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hi there this is my first time for posting on here. I am in need of support, help, *kitten* kicking or what ever else may do the trick for me. I have been logging all my foods that I have been eating for 3 plus weeks but the last two days I have noticed I am slipping and getting back to my old ways. Always hungry and eating but I have worked hard at losing 10 lbs in that time and I don't want to find it again.

Decide on a new start day, clean out the pantry, make a plan (meals/exercise), shop for it, and begin again! Or if you are ready today, go for it!

I have been in a rut too