Nike+ Running App

Options

Replies

• annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried the missions for the nikefuel?
  • brc912
    brc912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The chip is only needed if you are running indoors. The Nike+ app on your phone works off of your phone's GPS. No Chip required at all!
  • strawberrychild
    Options
    i want to start running more and would love some competition! my username is strawberrychild.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I log in 3 runs a week using this and one or 2 using Endomondo

Nike user name is Brian_Scribner
  • LukeClapham84
    LukeClapham84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Excellent, I'd accept/added everyone on here
  • Spikethered
    Spikethered Posts: 108
    Options
    I am also on there....Scouser1
  • annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The chip is only needed if you are running indoors. The Nike+ app on your phone works off of your phone's GPS. No Chip required at all!

It uses an accelerometer on your phone for indoor runs. No chip needed there either. I'm not sure what it is needed for, but I don't have one lol
  • fionavanderweele
    Options
    I love the Nike+ Running app and use it almost every day. When it's raining and I don't want to take my phone with me for fear it may drown, I just rely on the calorie info from my HRM. I think the HRM is more accurate as far as calories burned, but I love the GPS, voice-overs, and running with my "running playlist" on itunes. I like the HRM for accuracy and the Nike+ for company and for the GPS and speed info. If anyone want to add me, my nike username is fionavw.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike Running app built into my Nano. When it seems off for calibration, I find a known length track (say, 1 mile) and run that, then hit calibrate after the run and adjust distance. I run with a friend using the app, also, and we are usually close on distance, but can be way off at times. Partly depends on where you wear it.

I'll try to add a bunch of you tonight, as I'd love more friends on it, but can't remember my username at the moment.:blushing:
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the adds today. Now I will be able to measure my progress. Tonight's C25K W3D2 didn't record so I will be a little short on my distance this week. Perhaps I will run an extra day this weekend to make up for it. We will see how I am feeling before I commit to it but I really want to get my miles in.
  • Bec_88
    Bec_88 Posts: 45
    Options
    I went through and added those that I was able to... (but not everyone worked) add me if you would like ... rebeccakelly2

I am not very good, I am quite unfit, so it would be good to know what other people can achieve :) I log about 3 times a week
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I've added who I can. If you'd like to add me, I should be listed under brandiuntz@yahoo.com. Great seeing so many people using the app and MFP!
  • brc912
    brc912 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No, Seriously... Add Me! (Nike+ name = brc912)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I got my Nike+ about 2 weeks ago and have been using it when I walk. I love it! And I'm doing C25K, so I hoping I will be really running within the next 2-3 months.

Please add me - Calliope610
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPod or iPhone or something along those lines that you run with, you don't have to have Nikes. I LOVE the Nike+ app. I've found it to be very accurate and the syncing is extremely easy. I love that it tells me what mile I'm on, my halfway point and counts down the last 400 meters. Best app I have personally found for my runs.

CeloTX if you want to add me.

ong idea about it...what do you do with that chip thing then? Can you just put it in your pocket??

I don't have the chip. I just use the app which goes by GPS.

Ahh...ok. I guess I thought you needed the chip in addition to the app. Off to check it out!!
    I just cut a little oval shape cutout in the insole of my old Nikes, slipped in the shoe sensor ($19.00) and covered it with a Dr Schol's gel insole. Works great. I will be getting a new pair of shoes soon. 300 miles comes quick when I use Nike+.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I added a couple of people from here, I don't remember my username but my email is blackfeltfedora@yahoo.com
    I run around 40 miles a week.
  • eggyeaster13
    eggyeaster13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a Nike+ Sportswatch but also use the app too, as for the sensor you don't need Nike+ shoes to use the sensor I got a little pouch that attaches to the laces of my asics, the sensor fits in there and away I go! There are loads of the pouches out there for the sensor the one I have is the Marware Sportsuit Sensor Case.

Hope this helps those of you who want to use the sensor but don't have the Nike+ Shoes
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. User name Lshona.
  • sagiangel
    Options
    Go ahead and add me! SN zetasangel