How has this app helped you?

Options
Hello!! My name is Nicole and I'm brand new to myfitnesspal. I've been on and off w/ weight watchers, but as my budget got tighter, I had to let it go. Just curious how everyone likes it and how it helps you.
Feel friend to add me as a friend... always looking for encouragement and friends :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• KandisV
    KandisV Posts: 26
    Options
    I just started MFP again. Feel free to add me as a friend. I've found MFP to be the easiest logging ever (both food & exercise). I love the reports you can print out. Only been doing it for about 2 weeks, but loving it so far.
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    It does help me keep up with what I am eating and exercising and I love the support system. I am usually on my phone today is the first time I have logged into the computer and am encouraged to find so many. I have used MFP on and off since June of last year. But with only one year before the big 40 and a wedding vow renewal ceremony I have to get busy not only do I want to look my best I want to be healthy.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    This app/website has helped me and my wife lose close to 180 pounds between us in a little over a year. Just logging honestly and weighing everything out and trying to move as much as possible. MFP has changed my life.
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    Just more awarenes of portions and I now know that, just a few more squares of chcolate can make a big overall difference!
    But I still allow myslef treats daily, just make sure there is more balance
  • lairyliam
    lairyliam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello there! - This app has proven to be better than any diet i have ever tried. i have been on this longer than any diet plan (63 days i think) I have never felt better and do not fell like i should give up.

Portion control the biggest thing, that and the realisation that one extra cake, cookie, or chocolate bar that wont hurt actually has a significant impact on the diet.

Please feel free to add me, i seem to be on here more than a certain global social networking site these days!

Liam
  • potterfriendz
    potterfriendz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! It's great to hear such excellent feedback about this app! I'm looking forward to new changes and figure i'll start w/ the first step :)
  • Thedij
    Thedij Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This app has proved to be the best tool ever. It helps me be accountable to myself & gain inspiration from others. I was hoping to lose 36.5 pounds from January 2013 to August 2013, but thought it was a stretch. In fact I've surpassed my goal and am very happy with the result. I have been very disciplined in my eating, but had an occasional vodka cooler, wine, popcorn, cake and an ice cream float. I haven't really exercised, other than I'm now taking the stairs. Feel free to add me as a friend then you can have access to my food diary.

All the best in your journey!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Been here almost 3 years. It keeps me focused
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Keeps you on track of calories, etc.; easy to use; friends for support. I find I am completely honest with my tracking because I am not sitting in front of others who may be judging you at a meeting. You have friends, but no one really knows you!
  • potterfriendz
    potterfriendz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how much I love hearing how much this has helped everyone! Everyone's story is such an inspiration! Thank you again for your feedback and wish everyone the greatest succes! :flowerforyou:
  • Valmar50
    Valmar50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wishing you luck ! Just started with this site today. I joined a long time ago and never did anything with it. I have lost some weight on my own but need more motivation and accountability to finally get healthy and lose more weight.