Makeup

Options
124»

Replies

• SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have really sensitive skin so I don't wear much except powder and undercover but when I do go all out it's just the eyes I do anything to . Never penciled my eyebrows and I HATE lipstick.

Even when I was younger I never really understood the thick face makeup to impress a man - at some point he's going to see you without it.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have acne and big dark circles (that never seem to want to disappear mind you...) so I use foundation and 1/2 the time I will put on under eye concealer and 1/4 of the time I use regular concealer. I wear eyeliner and mascara because you cannot see my ridiculously long eyelashes without it lol, and they definitely make my eyes look bigger when I do use both of those and a lash curler. Otherwise it depends on the day and situation if I wear eye shadow cause it's not necessary. If I could get rid of the acne and lighten up my dark circles I would probably just stick to eyeliner and mascara.

However I personally do not like the look of girls that wax off their eyebrows and color them back in... nor do I like the crazy non-matching colors they paint on their eyes... or the ladies that fill in their dark circles with freaking eyeshadow... really? It should all least look good on your face if you are going to wear it in public and a giant light blue circle under your eyes just doesn't look good at all... simple and little is better, I totally agree with a natural look being gorgeous!
  • txchik
    txchik Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used to wear make up more frequently, but ever since I have been eating healthy my complexion is awesome so I don't wear it hardly. I do love my mascara though. I wear when going out like to club or date. But makeup when done well looks good, but some times ppls make up choices has me doing double takes and I'm like damn did she look in the mirror when she put that on.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    no body has perfect skin, no under eye bags, lush lashes, etc. a little makeup to smooth out the complexion and enhance can do everybody some good. It' about how you put it on, there is a right way. I think if your guy is complaining about your orange foundation getting on his clothes, you're doing it wrong.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I find that men who are overkill about how a lady makes herself up has some insecurties. Most times women who wear a bit of makeup look better, and therefore more attention comes. My ex fh was that way and I have met others that way. I'm a former mua so I wish a joker would tell me how to do my face. I don't tell you how to cut your hair or face let me and my makeup alone.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Today I didn't have time to leave the house without makeup before meeting up with a friend. She was all dressed up and had her makeup fully done. I felt a little bad. Maybe it looked like I was just squeezing her into my day rather than taking time to have a nice lunch. If I never wore makeup, that wouldn't be an issue, but I do most of the time.
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The older I get the less I wear...but I love makeup, just not all the time (:
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I love experimenting with it but I wear minimal makeup during the day, if I go out for an evening I wear a little more.

Makeup is best worn when it is used to accentuate a woman's features instead of trying to change their appearance completely.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup. Not on special occasions, not when I leave my house, never. It can look nice if it's done well, but I'm attracted to women and men with and without it.
  • yksdoris
    yksdoris Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It depends on the situation. For my previous job I never wore anything more than just eyeliner and mascara; but then that was the kind of job where you could show up in sweatpants, your hair in a ponytail and nobody cared. Not that I went quite that far, but my usual work attire *was* jeans and sneakers with a casual sweater or top. However, now that I work in a more proper office, I wear skirts and dresses more (because, frankly, office pants are generally ugly even if they fit well); and because I wear skirts more, I wear heels more; and because I have both a skirt and heels, I usually put more effort into my makeup as well: foundation powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara every day. though I usually don't wear any lipstick or gloss. Most of the time I don't have my nails painted though I do make sure they're in a decent shape.

I absolutely always remove the makeup before going to sleep though; sometimes even as soon as I get home in the evening.

I very much agree that women wear make up for themselves and other women. It's a kind of war paint, lol.
  • kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a makeup artist and in my opinion its personal preference. My husband is happy to see me with out makeup on, and I wear very little to work but I also know how to aply it to enhance my features and it makes me feel more confident. A lot of my clients say they just dont know how to apply it , or they apply it too heavily and badly. Clever contouring and enhancement is not noticable but creates an effect which can make people feel more confident. I also like having fun with makeup, to me its no different that making a statement with your clothes and hair.

I also dont give two figs about who does and doesnt find me attractive with or without makeup, its how I want to look thanks very much!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Putting a little makeup on (a fairly natural look) is part of my every day routine, been doing that since I was about 14 lol - it gives me confidence to face the day knowing I look the best I can....as someone who always thought as a teenager they were never pretty enough or slim enough wearing make up makes the difference :)

each to their own, you do what makes you feel good, with or without, no biggie :)

p.s when hubby and I went on our first cruise a few years ago there were many tears when I discovered I'd forgotten to pack my make up!! I wouldn't feel 'dressed' without it LOL - hubby knowing how upset I was bought me all I needed from the shop on board the ship, it cost him heavily but he knew I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have my 'slap' on lol
  • kazaroona
    kazaroona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    no body has perfect skin, no under eye bags, lush lashes, etc. a little makeup to smooth out the complexion and enhance can do everybody some good. It' about how you put it on, there is a right way. I think if your guy is complaining about your orange foundation getting on his clothes, you're doing it wrong.

This! If something bothers you....eyebags, blemishes, WEIGHT!!! then change it! It bothers me how some people get on their high horse about it, when a lot of people are here losing weight because of how they look rather than being motivated by health fitness etc- and why shouldnt they if they want to.
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up because I love wearing it. I wear it most days to work, just a 5 min natural polished look to help me look a wee bit older and more serious.

When I was younger my boyfriends did tell me they preferred me without make-up but that was because I didn't know what I was doing and wore pretty over the top make-up.

Now usually they can't tell the difference tho I at the moment I'm finding I have forgot to wear my make up when with my boyfriend.

Cheers,
    Naz..
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I prefer the natural look and wear very little makeup, even then its only eye makeup. Most of the men I know prefer a woman without all the caked on stuff.