Victoria Secret Sizing??

Options
njmp
njmp Posts: 277 Member
Hey all...
A little frustrated...ordered a couple of bikinis from VS...I ordered my bra size, but the strap was not adjustable and felt way too big. so I sent them back and ordered a 34 instead of a 36...plus 3 more bikinis :wink:
Just got in the 3 newest ones and the 34s are too small!!! Anyone else have this problem? Someone told me if ordering a smaller band size to order a larger cup size? Does this make sense to anyone?

Replies

• brennamurphy42
    Options
    I've been most successful with buying bikinis that tie around the neck and the back, so that sizing is a little more flexible. I also tend to get the ones that come in S, M, L sizes, rather than in cup and band size, so I think those sizes give more leeway than more specific sizes would.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I find that VS sizes run smaller than most in both band and cup sizes. It's always safer to order the next size up with them.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I find that VS sizes run smaller than most in both band and cup sizes. It's always safer to order the next size up with them.

This^^^
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Hey all...
    A little frustrated...ordered a couple of bikinis from VS...I ordered my bra size, but the strap was not adjustable and felt way too big. so I sent them back and ordered a 34 instead of a 36...plus 3 more bikinis :wink:
    Just got in the 3 newest ones and the 34s are too small!!! Anyone else have this problem? Someone told me if ordering a smaller band size to order a larger cup size? Does this make sense to anyone?

Yes it does. For example, I am a 34B but can also fit a 32C. good luck!
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    Yep, bras make no sense. There are some excellent sources online for getting a good bra sizing. Here's one for VS http://mobi.victoriassecret.com/CustomerService/ShoppingOurSite/SizeChart . I also recommend, if you're having trouble, going into Nordstrom's, since they carry more sizes than most. I've gone into VS and had them try to talk me into the wrong size since they didn't make my real one anymore. But yes, when you change your band size your cup size changes as well. Clearly this system was designed by someone without breasts who wished us all to suffer, lol.

Congrats on the bikini purchase! That's a reason to celebrate, going out in something tiny XD
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    Oh! And getting a sizing is also useful since most women are wearing the wrong size. I wore a 34 when I was in high school, but I'm in a 32 now and bigger in the band now than I was then!