ALL WE SEE IS CALORIES..!

Options
It Doesn't Really Matter What You Eat.What Matters Is The Calories BUT Eating Healthy Stuff Is
better.because you can eat large portion With Low Calories.Whereas With
Junk Even The Small Portion Has High Calories..

Replies

• JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I also see fuel quality. What am I going to GET if I put that in my mouth? But yeah, you're right.
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yes, mostly true. But then there are also things like sugar-free jello cups and sugar-free fudgsicles that are very low calorie, but also not healthy.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    All I See Is An Unnecessary Use Of Capitalization.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

yeh. you made my eyes bust their nuts.
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options

Shame,And Thats How I Type Hey...
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Calories sure but macros are king, not like you could eat your cals in fat and carbs and have ideal results
  • nikilis
    Options

well it makes it hard to read so you don't get your message across.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

well it makes it hard to read so you don't get your message across.

I have to agree. I'm not one to criticise people's typing but seeing as it came up, this way of typing makes me skip your posts and not read them.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Calories sure but macros are king, not like you could eat your cals in fat and carbs and have ideal results

^This. IIFYM!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It Doesn't Really Matter What You Eat.What Matters Is The Calories BUT Eating Healthy Stuff Is

False. All I see is macros. One doesn't take in 128g of protien just by playing the low cal game.

I do, however, do it with loads of bacon. And greek yogurt brownies. Yum.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I mostly follow the IIFYM... reason being? If I eat all healthy and focus on lean meat and all veggies, I end up on basically a lo-cal diet (~1200 cals). It is very hard to get your calories up there on only healthy foods..... therefore, I eat MOSTLY healthy things, but I am not afraid to add in some other things purely for calories. I need my TDEE to be around 2000-2100 based on activity level.
  • NewDad24
    NewDad24 Posts: 45
    Options
    The OP is a false self-delusion. I don't think of macros as everything either. If macros are king then the micros are queen. The goal might be focused on the king; but the queen is needed to get you there. The micros might be more powerful in some ways. You can vary your carbs and lipids quite a bit and just get minimums on fiber and protein which can be greatly supplemented. You cannot neglect your micro-nutrients though or your health will really suffer and the cravings will derail you. You can get lots of your micros through vitamin supplements. As with all supplements though getting natural nutrients are better. There are some problems with too much supplemental vitamin B6 for example. Strive for fresh pyhtonutrients also. Anyway, if you get your macros and micros in good proportion, you will turn off the hunger to a large extent.

Concentrating on blood sugar is important to feeling satisfied with your food intake. In many vegetables, you get plenty of carbohydrates to get enough blood sugar without having to have much if any grains at all. If you go too high on carbs, you trigger insulin and your blood sugar can bottom out, leaving you tired and reaching for high sugar foods, triggering more insulin in an endless cycle throughout the day. Just with a small intake of carbohydrate in the morning can make you be satisfied with your blood sugar for hours until you have a small snack. If you trigger much insulin though, you are not likely to feel satisfied. So don't load up on orange juice, pancakes, cereal and milk, for breakfast (or any meal).

Hunger is not entirely about how full your stomach is. There is an apparent misconception for many posters in this thread, trying to get bigger foods with less calories. That would be fiber rich food that you are wanting there by the way. As you can imagine, you can be very hungry even with a stomach just about bursting full of water. Or you can wake up in the morning with no appetite whatsoever even though you haven't eaten for hours.

So stop thinking you need to satisfy your appetite with big food. What you need is nutrient dense food (both macros and micros) with low calories. The problem you might have is that a lot of nutrition is stripped out of food the more it is processed, so it seems to you that you have to eat a lot before being satisfied. With the prevalence of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in food, there is not even any sure way to know what the baseline nutrition would be before processing. So you cannot properly estimate your nutritional intake. Aim to get extra nutrition or eat only fresh, raw, and organic. If that causes you to go over on calories or on cost, then supplement something.
  • nikilis
    Options
    well, I just ate whatever within my caloric deficit, and lost 33lb. my diets pretty good, but I'm not going to change what I eat because of some idea that you have to have rigid macros.

gotta have your protein, gotta have some good fats, gotta not eat too much lard or sugar.

keep calm yall. thats all there is to it. in my opinion. when it comes to me.

I'm sure IIFYM has some benefits, but I'm just trying to eat a balanced diet and go about my day with a nominal amount of weight to loose. I don't want to be thinking if I should eat a kiwi fruit or a piece of tofu because of IIFYM. im just gonna eat the kiwifruit and go about my day. I ain't got time fo dat!

for some of you who are really into IIFYM, id actually like to know what the benefit is in your opinion. Im interested. I mean a lot of people do it so it must have a positive effect.

:)
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Yes, mostly true. But then there are also things like sugar-free jello cups and sugar-free fudgsicles that are very low calorie, but also not healthy.

who says jello and fudgcicles are not healthy?
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options

I dunno why people are jumping down her throat. She didn't once use the word "clean". I just see her saying she can have a nice sized meal, if she plans properly, and still stay within her desired deficit. Its pretty typical for IIFYMers to eat more calorie dense foods while bulking and more calorie sparse foods when cutting. This is a big realization for a lot of people when they lose weight properly. There are foods that they like that they can eat a lot of and still reach their goals. Its helps a ton with adherence to your diet when you find low calorie foods you enjoy. It makes a sustained lifestyle change much more likely. I think thats where she was going with this. She can feel stuffed and still be doing a good job.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

I was just about to.....say.

yiiiiikes
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options

yiiiiikes

Okay I've changed
    the way I type,now back to the topic
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

yiiiiikes

Okay I've changed
    the way I type,now back to the topic

thats awesome thank you, Doesn't that take way less time too!

Then All Off This Kind Of Thing All The Time Must Take Ages To Do
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    nvm
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    nvm

lol... that was about to get ugly