Struggling this week...

Amandac6772
Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I know there are a million posts on here about losing motivation but I can slowly feel mine sleeping away. I'm going to the beach at the end of the week and this is usually something that triggers me to quit. It's a totally mental thing for me, Physically I'm capable of most anything but my brain gets in the way/ So I'm going to approach it differently this time. I'm just going to work on maintaining where I'm at this week and not pressure myself to lose another lb before Wednesday when I leave. Then I'm just going to make better choices at the beach (fruity tropical drinks excluded..hahaha). Today to refocuse myself I'm going to write down my goals for when I come back so here they are:

1. Keep calories to 1200 allotment plus only half of exercise calories
2. Get a minimum of 20 minutes of cardio a day in but shoot for 45
3. Eat at least two salads next week (trying to learn to like them without a 1,000 calories of dressing and cheese) and have one piece of fruit a day in place of the 100 calorie ice cream I've been eating
4. Keep logging on MFP

My motivation is
1. Being healthier
2. Having energy for my 4 year old
3. Wearing the clothes that I already have in my closet
4. Setting a good example for my friends and family

I couldn't have lost the last 16 lbs without my MFP buddies and I know I'll continue to get a lot of support here. This is an awesome place to be.

If anyone can think of anythng else to help me keep moving on PLEASE let me know. I need all the advice I can get to keep my brain from sabatoging me.

Replies

• Hey I am struggling this week too! Think of how well you have done so far and how much better you look on the beach than you used to. Maybe you could have a swim and burn some calories or a walk/run on the beach? Good luck and have a great time at the beach.
  • Hey Amanda,
    Don't feel bad no matter what you choose and don't be hard on yourself. Usaually, visualization helps, have your own private time, sit and relax and visualise yourself sitting at the beach and feeling healthier, lighter... I usually remind myself of the words, "think of postponed pleasures and not immidiate pleasures", sometimes this works other times it doesn't depending on my mood and my exhaustion level. In any case enjoy your time and have a nice weekend.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    This week has been the worst week for me by FAR!! I was so disgusted with myself, but turning it around again starting today!! Good Luck!!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    I went to the beach a few weeks ago. I made sure that I burned as many calories as I could while still being 'at the beach'. Kids going swimming? So am I! Bags need to go up? NO Cart! Need something from the corner store? Walk there! You get the idea. :) I also got up about an hour before everyone else and went for a walk/run. It felt really good to get back and know that I had done something and they still had not even got out of bed!
  • I hear you about vacations. I am having a hard time since I have been home from the Caymans. Between moving, being sick and being home and getting ready to go back to work!
    WE need to stay focused together.
    THANKS for being a good MFP friend!
  • Amandac6772
    I went to the beach a few weeks ago. I made sure that I burned as many calories as I could while still being 'at the beach'. Kids going swimming? So am I! Bags need to go up? NO Cart! Need something from the corner store? Walk there! You get the idea. :) I also got up about an hour before everyone else and went for a walk/run. It felt really good to get back and know that I had done something and they still had not even got out of bed!

That's what I'm hoping to do. It's a girl's trip to the beach and I'm always up hours before everyone else so I want to go for a run each morning and then do some swimming while we are "catching the rays" by the pool.
  • Amandac6772
    I hear you about vacations. I am having a hard time since I have been home from the Caymans. Between moving, being sick and being home and getting ready to go back to work!
    WE need to stay focused together.
    THANKS for being a good MFP friend!

Gosh girl, are you feeling better...that's a lot on your plate all at one time.

Ahh TY I know we all have it in us to do it and the support is what makes me keep coming back.
This discussion has been closed.