FED UP!!

Options
I am FED up! Fed up with counting every mouthful, going to the gym/classes/whatever all the time, constantly thinking about what I am eating, how I am feeling etc etc... and not losing ANY weight!

Seriously, I've been doing this for weeks now, and just nothing is happening, and I am just FED up. Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong!!

Replies

• babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Maybe going to gym etc is building your muscles?
    Muscle weighs heavier than fat.

Use a tape measure instead:)
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Calories in vs. calories out. Burn more calories than you consume. Put down the fork, get out there and move around.
  • daisyboo84
    daisyboo84 Posts: 37
    Options
    yesterday was the first time i've gone over my calories so far. This week I've been rock climbing, done ballet, walked, done boot camp fitness, tonight Zumba, I'm generally sticking to 1200 cals per day, only going over yesterday!
  • TonyRi
    TonyRi Posts: 65
    Options
    Calories in vs. calories out. Burn more calories than you consume. Put down the fork, get out there and move around.

lol that me laugh but it shouldnt of
  • TonyRi
    Options
    yesterday was the first time i've gone over my calories so far. This week I've been rock climbing, done ballet, walked, done boot camp fitness, tonight Zumba, I'm generally sticking to 1200 cals per day, only going over yesterday!

1200 cals a day? Jesus if your Hungry increase the content , 1200 is a bit on the low in all honesty :/
  • cathydow
    cathydow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I do lose weight if I stick to my limit but I just get so fed up of counting every mouthful and every so often just stop doing it then end up putting the weight back on so start again. I just seem stuck in a vicious circle! Help!
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Track your exercises on this website and it will adjust your daily calorie intake accordingly. If you are burning a lot of calories and with only a 1200 daily intake, your body maybe in starvation and holding on to what it has. The body can only burn so much fat a day; if your deficit runs to high, it drastically reduces the effectiveness of dieting.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    get away with as much calories you can consume so when you hit sticking points you have something to work with to cut calories do hit cardio also change your routine

train insane or remain the same
  • cathydow
    cathydow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Plus you say 1200 is low but that is the calories MFP gives you, that's my limit too!
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You are also only trying to lose 5KG, which in the big picture isn't that much. What do you currently weigh? Do you actually need to lose weight?
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Plus you say 1200 is low but that is the calories MFP gives you, that's my limit too!

The adjustment that MFP sets by default is low. Even if we have a sedentary job, odds are we're burning more calories than MFP estimates. This is because we still live our normal daily lives; going to/from work, walking around the office, shopping, work around the house, etc...

I'll use myself for example; I have a desk job so the sedentary description sounds about right. But this places my daily limit at 1800 calories. I burn around 2700 calories on non training days. This means an 1800 calorie limit is putting me into starvation territory, it's TOO low.
  • jcramer1227
    jcramer1227 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just a couple things:
    1) It's only been a month or so since you joined. I wouldn't beat yourself up too much.
    2) Are you sure you have the right calorie allotment? You'll get a lot of people telling you to eat more. I took a look at your diary and on some of the days you logged, you aren't even netting 1200. Check out this website:

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

It really helped me find the proper intake amount when I hit a plateau. The key is to make sure you fuel your body for all your activity.

Good luck!
  • TonyRi
    Options

Everyone reacts different to different Kal intakes , some people just cant deal with a low Intake. And if you set it realistically to your own appetite and increase the level of foods that make you full , then there would be no problem and you would gradually see yourself lowering it anyhow. Im on 2000 kals a day and i try to burn 300 to 400 a day. But without the extra kal intake id be do hungry to get my *kitten* up and have a work out.

Its all down to personal preference but no one should be staving themselves.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    These links should help you a bit, But it is an issue of calories in vs calories out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Most common likely cause are underestimating your calorie intake and overestimating calories burnt.

If you don't already get some electric kitchen scales, don't try to estimate the portion sizes.

If you are at a calorie deficit you will lose barring any medical issues.
  • daisyboo84
    Options
    I'm just doing what MFP has told me, that's the point of using this kind of thing surely! I try to mix up my exercise, like I said, a mix of different things every day. My food diary is open which shows everything.

I know I am not trying to lose a huge amount, but theres no point in waiting to come overweight before tackling excess weight. Technically my BMI is fine, but I know that this weight is too high for me, I am uncomfortable and do not look good. My clothes no longer fit me. Also, we want to start trying for a baby next year, and I want to be in total physical fitness.
  • jcramer1227
    jcramer1227 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    2 things you're doing wrong

1. Not eating enough Go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975707-fat-loss-tactics-guide
    2. You're not being patient
    3. You're letting negative emotions get to you, this leads to failure.

Aaaaaaand that's three. Wooooo!
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing what MFP has told me, that's the point of using this kind of thing surely!
    My food diary is open which shows everything.

You had 116 grams of fat on Wednesday. MFP did not set your fat macro that high. Adjust your macros for high protein, moderate carb and low fat.
  • daisyboo84
    Options
    Thank you guuys, all very good feedback!

How am I to know which option it is, i.e.: Overestimating calls burnt and calls taken in or Eating too few and putting myself in starvation?

Also, If it is the 2nd option, how do I work out what is correct?
  • daisyboo84
    Options
    I'm just doing what MFP has told me, that's the point of using this kind of thing surely!
    My food diary is open which shows everything.

You had 116 grams of fat on Wednesday. MFP did not set your fat macro that high. Adjust your macros for high protein, moderate carb and low fat.

Admittedly wednesday was a bad day, but on the whole, my fat comes from Olive oil, avocado etc. It doesn't differentiate between sat/unsat fat. Also, if it's all about calls in/cals out does it make a difference if you go over? (I would have thought so but then people say it's all about the calls) I also go over my sugar, but it's usually on fruit...
  • bellaburch85
    Options
    Ive notice something with myself - the more water i drink the better i feel.
    Try upping your water in take to 2L - Really easy to not drink enough when working out and not noticing the signs your body needs it.

Ive lost 10Lb in 3 weeks by eating clean, walking and drinking 2L per day and working out 3 times a week.

Getting good rest and 10pmish - 6.15ish and i wake up and start the day.

I know water isnt everything but it has helped me and my life style.:)

Good luck and try not to get down! Weight loss is hard work and some days r really hard. Tomorrow is a new day. xxx