Finally figured something out..

Options
LIFE ISN'T ABOUT FOOD.

I plan my whole day based on breakfast, lunch, and dinner, WHY? Sure food is necessary, but it isn't supposed to control my life! When I get done eating, I usually wonder what I am eating and when I am eating next.. I need to find a hobby that I enjoy and could help me with my weight loss. I don't have money to go to a gym or anything so that's definitely out of the question.. any ideas?

Replies

• jdyg81
    jdyg81 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Your right about that but starting off go walk around the park or wa track best with a iPod or your phone or if you have access to a pool that's great to main thing is staying active. Oh yea DVDs are good to but I hope it helps and best of luck
  • NoelleS85
    NoelleS85 Posts: 89
    Options
    I work out at home. Been doing it for 6 months and I absolutely love it. I think it is also important to find things to do for your mental health - read a book, relax a little. I love working, studying, reading, getting lost in something I like. Focus your life on important things, food isn't one of them.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Get out in the world and move around.
  • Harmony2376
    Harmony2376 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Take up knitting!
    Yeah, I know, I can hear you laughing from here. Knitting isn't exercise. BUT, it is mentally stimulating, you can pick up the equipment and materials locally for not much money, and all the resources you need to learn are online. Try knittinghelp.com, and there are a thousand you tube videos to show you.
    And it'll give you something creative to do that isn't about sodding food and exercise.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Walking is free. Go explore, get lost, find your way home. It is great for thinking as well!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Walk everywhere like I do...and I mean EVERYWHERE. No excuses. I walk over 20km to grab mascara, go shopping for food or even just to get a light globe.
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I started off with walking further, than I started at a gym, but I get bored of gyms, so I started riding Barclays bikes (UK - London thing).

I now have my own bike and ride a 40mile round trip into work Mon-Fri, that is my gym time, and I don't find it as boring as a gym as I can get out and see the sights (well what I can through the sweat on my glasses as I am huffing and puffing my way uphill).
  • TMcChamp
    TMcChamp Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Take up bush walking? bird watching? nature photography? I work out at home we can buy (In Aus) cheapish fitness equipment and walking is free.
    Good luck.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I have loads of workout DVDs which I enjoy and I also enjoy Dance Central for the XBox. Do you have a games console? Loads of interactive games rather than just workouts get your heartbeat going. Do you have a bike? Cycling always makes me feel good (reminds me of being younger!) and walking like everyone else has said. Gardening also burns lots of cals and is productive too. The list of things is endless really....best of luck, just find something that makes you smile/feel good and then you'll have no problem sticking to it xx