T minus 14 days till P90X and I am so NOT ready!!! (or am I)

Options
T minus 14 days till P90X and I am so not ready!!! I can't remember the last time I wanted to do something so bad that I put myself out there like this. I see all the positive post and know this will work. I'm worried about the diet, but even if I can't follow it, (I'm depIoyed in the middle east) I know how to cut back and eat smaller partions. also, I don't have the weights, is that a big deal? I do have a set of Reebok Bands. Will they be enough? Shoud I get a pull up bar? Yoga Blocks? work out mat? I kind of feeling like a kid looking in the window at the candy store. I feel like I want it all but can't get it. Do I really need any of it?

I will start this and do the best I can with what I have. (that's a promise to myself)

when able, I will post the good, the bad and ugly (thats a promise to you)

Replies

• newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    the band can work instead of weights and also instead of pull ups but i would try to get a mat if you can
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You will need a mat, but you can get it at target or walmart then or not as long and durable, if you need it sooner. You will need Chin up bar if you will not have a place to do pull ups especially if they are moving you around a lot. The weighs not necessary, bands will be fine, mostly using your own body weigh. Good Luck.
  • CinderellaMom
    Options
    Good luck- I'm on day 6 of P90X - I didn't think i was ready either- well I wasn't.... I started and stoped twice in the past 9 months! But this time I am sticking with it!!
  • ronmichel
    ronmichel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, This helps me too,,, I have been thinking about buying the PX90 but I didnt know what equipment would be needed either..... so these pull up bars don't damage your doorways ?
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    If you are unable to get the stuff you need for P90X - you should so look into Insanity...It's the best!!!! I was so out of shape and I just jump right in. I'm mean if I seriously want to change myself than I need to hit hard and bypass the baby steps! LOL

And you don't need any extra equipment =)

Stay Safe

(my husband is also in the military)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    You can use bands instead of weights and instead of a pull-up bar, but to use them for pull-ups, you'll need a door attachment or something like it. There's one in this upgrade kit from Beachbody: http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/MDACCBANDUPK1?referringRepId=8062. You can probably find one elsewhere too. (I have a bar, so I haven't used the door attachment.) A mat is pretty important, I think. If you have thick, padded carpeting, you can probably get away without one. A yoga block isn't essential, but it's nice to have (as are weights).

Have fun! It's not as daunting as it sounds. Just take it one day at a time, and you'll do great!
  • PJilly
    Options
    Hi, This helps me too,,, I have been thinking about buying the PX90 but I didnt know what equipment would be needed either..... so these pull up bars don't damage your doorways ?
    It bunged ours up a little bit. If I had it to do over again, I'd just get the door attachment and use a band, but that's just my opinion.
  • SchockWave
    Options
    WOW, My wife had me check out this site a while back when she started working out and I thought "whatever..like that will help with the workouts" I can see how the support on this site will help. I really appreaciate all the information. I think I will try and get the mat. If needed I will order the chin/pull up bar after the first couple of weeks. what about the weight in's? how often should I do it? when my wife and I did WW, it was once a week. that seemed ok, but is it? and what about the after drink? do you need it? if so, what is the best for the money? Otherwise I think I am as ready as I can be, as soon as I get my HRM watch It is ON! I will try and post something everyday. Thanks again.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Some people benefit greatly from the Recovery drink. The timing of my workouts is such that I usually eat lunch immediately afterward, so I'd rather use my hard-earned calories for "real" food. I used it my first round of P90X. It tastes pretty good — kind of orangey. A less expensive, yet effective, recovery drink is low-fat chocolate milk.

I can't wait to read your daily updates!
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I finished p90x in July. The BB recovery drink wasn't in our budget so I either used chocolate milk (I mixed vit D whole milk with fat free skim because I think you are supposed to use 1% milk) or grape juice with a half scoop of vanilla protein powder. Sounds icky but as long as you get it mixed up well it is very tasty!

Good luck! p90x is an intense program but will definitely give you results if you are dedicated!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to chime in and say that we have placed folded up washcloths under the padding that hits the door frame since after 150 days ours has started to ding it up as well. This should help and doesn't make it feel less stable.

My husband has seen a huge difference in how he feels when he switched from chocolate milk as a recovery drink to the P90X Recovery Drink.

Lisa
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options

we got a door attachment from walmart.com for about $36 and it hasnt messed up our doorway at all. its easy to put together and move from doorway to doorway.

you definately need your band and a door attachment if you dont have weights. and you wouldnt HAVE to get a mat..you could use a towel but a mat would be best for cushioning.

you can do it...im an overweight stay at home mom. ive committed to finishing p90x. 4 weeks in im down 2lbs and 8 inches! im not following their diet plan. just trying to make good choices. i need to buckle down and pay more attention to calories but im finding that im not eating as much at one time as i used to. and although the workout schedule is a huge commitment im feeling awesome!