Started P90X Yesterday & need some fitness friends! :)

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Leigh and I am a 22 year old college student from Ontario, Canada. My whole life i struggled with my weight and when I turned 18 I began shedding pounds like nothing. By 19 i had lost 40lbs and am where I am currently with my health. Because of my fantastic weight loss I began really becoming interested in fitness and progressing my body and health. I started P90X Lean yesterday and hope to keep fitness as a hobbie and passtime if not more for the rest of my life. If there is anyone else who is in the same boat as me and would like support as well, or anyone who likes to give or get support here is the time to say HELLO! :D

Push your limits!
Rachel Leigh

Replies

• 6thMedic
    6thMedic Posts: 15
    Options
    P90X is good place to start, finishing up my 2nd round this month, listen to Tony he knows his stuff. How was your first day of Chest & Back, can be a real bear to start with.
  • mkshortall
    mkshortall Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love P90X and all the Beachbody workouts! Cant wait to see your results!
  • xxangelwingsxx
    Options
    hello rachel i want to wish you good luck with your first round of p90x its pretty tough but well worth it look forward to hear how your progressing!
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel

I am starting P90X today so love to be friends and support each other with our journey!
  • melaniebowling3519
    Options
    I'm on my second wk of P90x. I had tried it out last year and even made it 6 wks before I gave up. I was alone doing it, had put one 3 lbs from starting day one, and my inch loss wasnt enough to keep me motivated. I followed the diet and pushed myself very hard but I think a lot of it for me was motivation. I started with someone else and after wk 4 they stopped and i couldnt keep motivated on my own. I'm hoping having other people and this program will help me keep motivated this time. I am curious for those that have completed P90x if they two went up and down weight the first few wks and how long into it did it take the body to finally just start loosing. I keep telling myself its my body getting use to it but its very hard. Is the up and down normal and around what wks did u start seeing the weight not do the bouncing up and down anymore
  • jdleslie18
    jdleslie18 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started my 5th round of P90x 3 weeks ago and would love to add some friends. Accountability is the key! I love Tony Horton and I love P90X! When I make it through all 90 days without missing a workout, I'm going to treat myself to a new workout program. I'm thinking Insanity, but we'll see.

Leslie
  • r1skbreak3r
    r1skbreak3r Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel!

Good luck with P90X, it's a great program! I've got 4 weeks till the end and I really am in the best shape of my life. If you stick with it you'll definitely see results :)
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Currently in week 11 and love it!!!! Bring it!!!
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    This is my second round, although I didn't make the full 90 days the first time!

I started Monday so it would be see how everyone is getting on :-)
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 tomorrow, feel free to add me.
  • LilBritGettinFit
    LilBritGettinFit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Started week 1 of phase 2 this week. Feel free to add me too. I love P90X :smile:
  • RachelLeigh420
    Options
    @mkshortall

Thanks for the motivation!
  • RachelLeigh420
    Options
    @6thMedic

I am doing P90X Lean, I have huge muscle base, i just want to tone and shed those last few pounds. It was easy until the next morning when I woke up :P
  • RachelLeigh420
    Options
    hello rachel i want to wish you good luck with your first round of p90x its pretty tough but well worth it look forward to hear how your progressing!

Thanks!
  • RachelLeigh420
    Options
    Hi Rachel

I am starting P90X today so love to be friends and support each other with our journey!

Absolutely! Good luck and do well!
  • RachelLeigh420
    Options
    I'm on my second wk of P90x. I had tried it out last year and even made it 6 wks before I gave up. I was alone doing it, had put one 3 lbs from starting day one, and my inch loss wasnt enough to keep me motivated. I followed the diet and pushed myself very hard but I think a lot of it for me was motivation. I started with someone else and after wk 4 they stopped and i couldnt keep motivated on my own. I'm hoping having other people and this program will help me keep motivated this time. I am curious for those that have completed P90x if they two went up and down weight the first few wks and how long into it did it take the body to finally just start loosing. I keep telling myself its my body getting use to it but its very hard. Is the up and down normal and around what wks did u start seeing the weight not do the bouncing up and down anymore

Yes definitely! Having support, especially a person to work out with is the best motivation. I will let you know how my weight fluctuates through the first few weeks. Mind you I havent taken on any new eating habits and what I eat isn't very healthy to say the least haha.

Good Luck!
  • RachelLeigh420
    Options
    I started my 5th round of P90x 3 weeks ago and would love to add some friends. Accountability is the key! I love Tony Horton and I love P90X! When I make it through all 90 days without missing a workout, I'm going to treat myself to a new workout program. I'm thinking Insanity, but we'll see.

Leslie

This is precisely what I am thinking :P
  • AdviDaddy
    AdviDaddy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachel,... am doing Phase 2 of P90X. P90X is awesome. I have lost ~10 lbs so far and dropped a pant size in 30 days.

Feel free to add me.
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi! I completed P90X in April this year and it totally changed my physique and fitness levels - increased muscle tone and lost a lot of fat (down to circa 12% now). I now incorporate a lot of the workouts into my fitness regime (I'm going to do legs and back this lunchtime!) so feel free to add me if you need support. It is hard work to keep going 6 days a week, but totally worth it. I lifted heavy.