Muffin top

Options
Never had to worry about muffin tops before and now BAM they're here! What is that best way to get rid of these?? Kids do wonderful things to your body! :wink:

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Wear looser pants :wink:

I'm below my goal weight now. I still have a muffin top if i try to squeeze into something that's too small.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

I'm below my goal weight now. I still have a muffin top if i try to squeeze into something that's too small.

Also pants with a higher rise.
  • Shaavo89
    Shaavo89 Posts: 68
    Options

Then they are saggy in the butt... looks like a dump in your pants... yikes! lol
  • emilydiehl08
    Options
    I have had them since I was in high school! There is unfortunatly no way to target that specific area. Just general cardio weight loss. I get on this one machine (sorry don't know the name) and you kneel and twist your lower half with your chest facing forward and it seems to be strengthening the muscle there...so hopefully one day these lovely love handles will be goners!
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Stop eating gluten, breads, sugars, and lower your carb intake.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Cease!
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    I have had them since I was in high school! There is unfortunatly no way to target that specific area. Just general cardio weight loss. I get on this one machine (sorry don't know the name) and you kneel and twist your lower half with your chest facing forward and it seems to be strengthening the muscle there...so hopefully one day these lovely love handles will be goners!

Ahh I will have to find this machine... maybe i'll google it! And why is it they are called love handles?? I feel like there is nothing loving about them lol
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Don't shoot me but the only way mine has ever dissapeared was when I took phentermine. I'm just being honest.

Proof that, that stuff should be either banned or available to everyone. lol
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Stop eating excess calories
    FTFY
  • Shaavo89
    Options

I cant get away from all sugar... I will lessen it tho!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    lower your body fat

eat in a deficit and exercise if you want :)
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options

ab glider?
  • lbuseth
    lbuseth Posts: 41
    Options
    They are usually the last thing to go on people. It is all about your diet. Cutting out sugar (bread, cookies, cakes etc) and drink will help these disappear.
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    Don't shoot me but the only way mine has ever dissapeared was when I took phentermine. I'm just being honest.

Proof that, that stuff should be either banned or available to everyone. lol

That stuff scares me! My friend had it prescribed to her and told me to take one, so I did and it was terrible! I had cotton mouth all day and could not stop moving!! lol
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Reduce body fat, increase muscle tone in your core and your glutes (core for your back and front, glutes to fill out the bottom of your pants to prevent the dreaded poppy pants look).
    Avoid low rise pants.
    Avoid being sucked into the size on the pant instead of the fit.
    Get tailoring if necessary.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

Blech! I'd rather have a muffin top.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise.
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Contrary to (popular) belief, doing exercises targeting a specific area does not reduce fat in that area. Reducing body fat in general (by diet & exercise) will reduce "muffin top".

Best plan for you is cardio, strength training and a healthy/proper diet.
  • waitie80
    waitie80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stop eating sugar and unfortunately alcohol goes straight to your *kitten*!! :-(
  • Shaavo89
    Options
    Maybe I should be a tad more specific..... How do I target those areas while working out. I am dieting and working out. I just want those specifically to get lost! :smile: