Body Acceptance :)

Options
My best friend has struggled with weight all her life - both from overeating to under eating. She is very overweight and on top of that, has many anxieties and social issues holding her back in her everyday life. She's wanted to eat well ever since I met her and she's never been happy with the person she is, both physically and personally.

Yesterday she wrote this short blog post that brought a joyous watering to my eyes and I couldn't help but beam with pride and hope. She has realized that dieting is not what is going to fix her. She confronts that she can and will love everything about herself before dieting with the expectation that being thin will fix all her problems. Most importantly, for the first time in her adult life: she is not on a diet.

I couldn't be happier and I find this post very inspiring and true. We all envy those who have the body we long for, but remember that they long for someone else's appearance too. It's time to stop expecting our body to be the magic key to our happiness. Look at what you DO have and only then can you know what your goals will be. Yes, weight is important to our health and those who need to lose weight in all sense probably should. But it doesn't define you and it's about what makes you happy.

Please check it out if you agree :)

http://amyofftherecord.blogspot.ca/2013/06/i-am-not-on-diet.html]I Am Not On A Diet[

Replies

• RescueMom59
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing this! I felt every single thing she talked about. I absolutely adore that she included at the end all the amazing and gorgeous things she sees in herself.