logging insanity

Options
Does anyone know do I log my Insanity workouts???

Replies

• TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    It's high impact aerobics.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    It's high impact aerobics.

Now there's an understatement-- holy Hannah--

But, that's how I log it when I do it.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I suggest getting a HRM. The site was telling me I was burning about 300 calories....I was thinking no way that's it?!?! So I got a HRM and I used it while I was working out...yeah over 600 cals burned!!!!

That was in month 1
    Month 2 - I burn about 700 - 870 (my goal is to hit that 1,000 cal burn!! lol)
    - workouts are an hour long - when i checked it out on the site it says about 500 and something calories - so def get yourself a HRM!!)

Of course on recovery days it's a little lower since you aren't going as intense but still can break that sweat!!

Good luck w/ Insanity and stick with it!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I suggest getting a HRM. The site was telling me I was burning about 300 calories....I was thinking no way that's it?!?! So I got a HRM and I used it while I was working out...yeah over 600 cals burned!!!!

That was in month 1
    Month 2 - I burn about 700 - 870 (my goal is to hit that 1,000 cal burn!! lol)
    - workouts are an hour long - when i checked it out on the site it says about 500 and something calories - so def get yourself a HRM!!)

Of course on recovery days it's a little lower since you aren't going as intense but still can break that sweat!!

Good luck w/ Insanity and stick with it!!

Agreed-- the high impact aerobics count seems way low for me, too. When I do a 40 minute Insanity tape, I usually log it as 50-55 to try and account for it, because my HRM is busted, and I can't afford a new one.
  • megsco52
    megsco52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome Thanks!! I thought I was in pretty good shape running 5 miles at 7.5 everyday. Then I started Insanity a couple of days ago!! I am so sore but I love it!!! Do you suggest a certain heart rate monitor? I'm always tempted to get one but I don't want to spend a ton of money.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    My husband spent 47 on the one at walmart and has everything - chest strap & any touch. I want one now! I got the 25.00 one cause I just needed it to count calories but after seeing his, I want an upgrade =)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I have a Sportline hrm from Wal-mart that I got for under $30. I'm really cheap for things other than my clothes. So that was right up my alley. It doesn't need a chest strap and is on par with an old one that I had. It tracks calories burned, so that you don't need to use a formula. My hrm comes close to the CALISTHENICS workout the mfp has.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've used the Calisthenics option before for my Insanity workouts.....not sure how that compared to HRM as mine needs a new battery. :tongue:

I have a Polar F6 HRM and like it a lot. Whatever HRM you get, I would suggest making sure it's encrypted to make sure the signal doesn't get interference from other equipment/other people's HRMs. This would be important if you ever plan (or think it might ever be a possibility) on using it around other people.