Quick and Easy Lunches :)

Options
Hi guys!

I am getting back full swing into MFP and need some ideas for lunches that are easy to throw together. I have already thought about doing grilled chicken caesar salads a few days a week, but more ideas are needed.

I am a big chicken eater, and I love pasta. Just a few things to throw out there :)

Also, how about some low calorie snacks that you enjoy?

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I cook on weekends and freeze stuff in individual servings and just grab out of the freezer in the morning and go to work. I let it thaw at my desk and by the time it's time to eat it's almost completely thawed out. Skinnytaste.com has lots of good freezer receipes.
  • melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    pasta salads are easy and would cover 2-3 days of lunches. add in beans and veggies with a light dressing.
  • cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love chicken as well. I usually cook a couple of chicken breasts in the crockpot on the weekend and make shredded chicken, I mix in Quaker Steak buffalo wing sauce with the shredded chicken (I like the spicy taste and it is low sodium as well). Then throughout the week I use it on a small soft taco shell with a slice of Sargento ultra thin swiss cheese and lettace. It is easy to throw together each day, filling, and around 200 calories.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I usually bring some hummus and whole wheat crackers, some cherry tomatoes and ham slices for a cold salad plate kind of thing. You can also do wraps, or peanut butter and banana sandwiches, or even a chicken salad sandwich. Cold pasta salad with ham or chicken chunks, light cheese, light mayo, and celery, green pepper, chickpeas and onion is one of my favorite things to bring in the summer.

For snacks I like a cheese string, almonds or any type of nut, hummus and crackers or naan bread, veggie sticks, celery with peanut butter.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered roasted garlic hummus... So good with Stacy's Simply Naked pita chips, but I don't know what a serving of those is calorie wise! I'll have to find out, they are absolutely delicious.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad with whole grain crackers or whole grain bread,
    Chicken taco with baby spinach instead of iceberg lettuce
    fruit, cheese and veggie plate
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    For a super fun lunch make your own "Bento box"- fill a tupperware container with small amounts of different foods (I seperate the food by placing it in silicone Cupcake liners). You can also buy real bento boxes in stores or online. I throw in some of the following: low fat cheese, cut up veggies, cut up fruit, hummus, almonds, low fat pasta salad, chunks of whole wheat pita, a low fat deviled egg, chunks of roasted chicken, low fat wheat thins, Quaker oat squares cereal, salsa, whole grain tortilla chips, black bean salad, a couple Dove dark chocolate squares, fat free spinach dip, pickles, low fat macaroni salad, light tuna salad, olives, light feta cheese, a stuffed grape leaf, couscous, guacamole.

You get the picture, haha. Generally I throw in anywhere from 4 to 8 different things. Since you are just eating small portions of different foods you can put in as many as you want. This kind of lunch is never boring and the possibilities are endless.
  • Librariangetsfit
    Librariangetsfit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    http://spoonful.com/recipes/asian-chicken-slaw

I use this recipe, with no sugar and replace the peanut butter with P2B.

Throw in extra veggies I have on hand that would taste yummy in it.

Keep the protein out of it, either tuna packets or chicken breasts.

Take a portion to work with my protein.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys, very helpful :) I just read a thread on trader joes and now I want to go there and poke around! Haha!
  • Librariangetsfit
    Options
    Trader Joes is awesome, but read the labels carefully some products have lots of sodium in them.
  • maureensimmons92
    Options

What is P2B? Ive been seeing a lot about this?
  • Librariangetsfit
    Options

It is peanut butter that has the oil removed, great to put into recipes without including the extra fat.

http://www.bellplantation.com/

I also put it in oatmeal to keep my macros in check with fat.
    What is P2B? Ive been seeing a lot about this?
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Love pita pizzas - Pita, marinara, mozzarella, favorite pizza toppings, bake until cheese is melted or toasty, depending on how you like it. :)
  • lexidear
    lexidear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    some great ideas bump
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I've recently started keeping a bunch of (small; think Yukon Gold or similar size) baked potatoes in the fridge. I just grab one or two of those (depending on how many calories I have to play with), a 1/4 cup (61g) scoop of low-fat cottage cheese, and some combination of the following:

a cooked, crumbled slice of turkey bacon
    dices or strips of sweet peppers and onions
    50g broccoli or cauliflower
    a crumbled turkey sausage patty
    half a flavorful chicken sausage link (two favorites are artichoke/fennel and apple/Gouda), sliced into coins
    hot salsa or sriracha
    leftover grilled chicken or steak

If you keep everything on hand, it's really easy to throw this together on the way out the door. Having all the topping possibilities on hand also makes it easy to protein-ize a basic salad or jazz up a canned soup.