JNL Fusion

Options
telcochik
telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
Day 1 Shoulder Shredder

Wow I didn't realize just how out of shape I let myself get but this workout kicked my butt. I only did modified moves and I was still unable to finish all the circuits. 7 rounds, 3 circuits each and each circuit consists of 30 seconds of a weighted movement and then 30 seconds of a cardio movement. 32 minutes plus you do 2 min running in place to warm up and then a short cool down. I probably could have used a longer cool down and will be incorporating the warm up/cool down sections from Insanity since JNL doesn't include them in her program.

Ready for day 2...but I know my shoulders and triceps are going to be SCREAMING tomorrow!

Replies

• MzTate81
    MzTate81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about doing this one next .... I cant wait to hear more on how you like it
  • telcochik
    Options
    Day 2 Fusion Lower Body

Oww. As I suspected, my shoulders are SORE this morning so I was happy to see that today's workout concentrated on the lower half of my body. Lots of plyo in this one. Weighted squats, lunges, squat leg lifts, squat side leg lifts, etc. coupled with 30 second intervals of jumping lunges, half burpees, and other painful cardio moves. I see a lot of the same moves Shaun T uses in Insanity which is good because I can do them. Also, I was dripping when this one was done.

My biggest complaint about JNL Fusion is the lack of warmup and cool down. IMO JNL would have done her audience a favor and included one dvd just to meet that need. Instead I have to figure out what to do because 2 minutes of running in place is nowhere near enough time to get my body ready for these workouts. Today I alternated running in place with jumping jacks to warm up and then I did Stretch 10 from Turbo Fire to cool down.

I hope my cardio endurance builds up soon because I was still unable to do 100% of the workout and, again, I followed the modifier.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Day 2 Fusion Lower Body

Oww. As I suspected, my shoulders are SORE this morning so I was happy to see that today's workout concentrated on the lower half of my body. Lots of plyo in this one. Weighted squats, lunges, squat leg lifts, squat side leg lifts, etc. coupled with 30 second intervals of jumping lunges, half burpees, and other painful cardio moves. I see a lot of the same moves Shaun T uses in Insanity which is good because I can do them. Also, I was dripping when this one was done.

My biggest complaint about JNL Fusion is the lack of warmup and cool down. IMO JNL would have done her audience a favor and included one dvd just to meet that need. Instead I have to figure out what to do because 2 minutes of running in place is nowhere near enough time to get my body ready for these workouts. Today I alternated running in place with jumping jacks to warm up and then I did Stretch 10 from Turbo Fire to cool down.

I hope my cardio endurance builds up soon because I was still unable to do 100% of the workout and, again, I followed the modifier.
    In a couple of her other workouts she does 5 minutes of jump rope to warm up and I believe a quick stretch cool down.
    Warm up I agree is important, but personally in all my group classes I have dynamic warm up done that way just about every part of the body get done. Cool downs are over rated IMO, however some need it. There really isn't no science proving that cool downs are needed.
    Look up dynamic stretching. Do one for the quads, hamstrings, calves, hips, shoulders and arms. Should equal about 5 minutes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • telcochik
    Options
    Day 2 Fusion Lower Body

In a couple of her other workouts she does 5 minutes of jump rope to warm up and I believe a quick stretch cool down.
    Warm up I agree is important, but personally in all my group classes I have dynamic warm up done that way just about every part of the body get done. Cool downs are over rated IMO, however some need it. There really isn't no science proving that cool downs are needed.
    Look up dynamic stretching. Do one for the quads, hamstrings, calves, hips, shoulders and arms. Should equal about 5 minutes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Cool thank you so much for that advice!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Day 3 TKO Fat Blast

OMG I loved this workout!!! I did the warm up and cool down segments from Les Mills Combat 30 and that seemed to help. This workout had 6 circuits - 30 seconds of a kickboxing move (punches, squat kicks, side squat kicks) and 30 seconds of cardio (JNL jacks, burpees, jumping rope, running in place). Each segment is repeated 3x and then you move on to the next circuit. Time flew and before I knew it the workout was done.
  • ElenaTS
    ElenaTS Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this workout. I have been doing this since the brginning of the year, and my body has changed SO much. I am amazed. I have struggled my WHOLE life and tried every workout and nothing really worked. I can't believe the change in my stomach. The cellulite is almost totally gone on the back of my legs...and my booty, is lifting. At 42, I never thought my body could change like this.
    I pair a lower and upper body together every other day. Then do cardio on the other days. I usually pair TKo and Crazy Cardio together. I have not even done any of her floor ab dvd's because things are changing doing standing ab stuff, To me-the Crazy Cardio is really a standing ab workout. I also use 1-2 pound weighted gloves for most of the standing cardio (jump rope, scissors, high knees, power kicks) anything i can do to add a little kick to some of the easier cardio. S TILL hate snatch and grabs and they leave me gasping every time!
    Even after 6 months, I have days where I fly through the wrokouts. Some days, especailly of there is a lot of plyo in the cardio circuits, I take a "power pause." I also track everythign on spreadsheets so I can track the weight I am using and the reps.
    She posts a LOT of workouts on You Tube and just posted a new one today. Which is good, becasue i need to shake things up some about now. Good luck! I hope you have great success!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Thanks for responding Elena. It's good to hear that you've had great results from the program. Are you following her eating plan or doing something else?
  • ElenaTS
    Options
    I follow more of a Weight Watchers based kind of diet. Kind of forces me to eat lot of fruit and veggies. Plus I HATE to cook, so my daily meals looks pretty much the same. It seems to be the one that works best for me. I did P90x a few years back, and followed that eating plan exactly for 4 months and it did nothing for me-either did the workout. That being said...usually on Saturday morning I throw in an extra Cardio dvd (lately Hip Hop Abs because it's fun) because There is ALWAYS wine and chips and salsa on the menu for lunch on Saturday. And this girl likes to indulge :)
    There is nothing new or original in this workout that I haven't done on another workout before. But I think the 30 seconds cardio intervals, finally lit my meatbolism on fire. I started in January as a size 12 where I have been for YEARS and am now in a loose 10, tight 8. ALWAYS in an XL shirt, and now can wear a medium. Some days I am shocked at how things are shaping up. I didn't notice ay changes until about the 5 week mark. A lot of people on another board saw results in 2-3 weeks. But i have an EXTREMELY hard time losing weight (which is why I do 2 of her work outs a day.) So give it a little time to see some results!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Those are some great results!!!! I've been a Beachbody junkie since 2005 and I lost (and kept off) 43 lbs until 2011 when I lost my job and moved across the country by myself to start a new one. My husband and I lived apart for 1 year while he job hunted and continued to work in Las Vegas. We recently (finally) purchased a home in Connecticut so life is about to return to normal and that's why I need to focus on getting me back in order. The old habits I created are gone, my discipline seems to be nonexistant, and I'm finding it harder to focus on eating right. I've probably regained about 30 or so pounds (my scale broke during the last move and I haven't replaced it yet). One day at a time...but it sure ain't easy!!!
  • ElenaTS
    Options
    It happens! it's called LIFE!
    For me...i was neurotic because NOTHING worked.
    I have been struggling for 30ish pounds for YEARS. I was over 300 at one time, sot 30 is not bad. But I worked out HARDCORE and was so anal about my food...and everyone just shook their heads as to why i was still carrying extra weight.
    I got up at 3:30am for years and busted out 2 swety, face turning purple till I looked like Barney workouts...nothing
    I took up running becasue THAT was supposed to be the fat melter. I did it for a year and a half and HATED it. Ran an hour a day 3-4 times a week and 90 minites on Saturday. NOTHING! the only thing I got from it was sore legs, missing toenails and a bad attitude.
    I did P90x before my 40th birthday (I was skydiving and I wanted to look cute in the suit:) and did it for 120 days like they recommend for women, and NOTHING! No wine for 4 monthhs about KILLED me!! (And the wine makers here in California!!)
    Tried a bunch of different work outs and nothing did anything. I had finally resigned myself that this was the way my body was going to be, and that there are worse things. in life.
    I caught the JNL infomercial (the one and only time I have EVER seen it) as I was walking out the door one day-and ran back in to DVR it for later. it was a few weeks before Christmas, and I was actually going to get the Jillian Michaels Body revolution for Christmas. A few months ago-there was NOTHING out there about JNL. There was one review on Amazon and that was it. I had my husband order it. I was SO anal about saving every scrap of packaing, because I was pretty sure it was getting sent back before the 60 days return time was up to get a refund. That's why I was amazed when I started seeing results.
    I think the thing that has kept me going for 5+ months on this-is that it's working for me. it's a little more motivating when you are wearing something that has been in your closet for years with t he tags on it because it never fit. I have days where I have NO desire at all to work out. But I remind myself, that before this, I never had a flatter stomach like this. My back for ONCE isalmost smooth and no bra rolls or backfat. So I suck it up and do it. And remind myself I didn't get here, by giving myself a pass. I work out in the morning-so for me, once I have worked out, i feel good, and I eat health the rest of the day so I don't jack up what i did. it's life. I used to freak out and stress over the scale and be a total nut. I finally quit weighing about 2 years ago. I had to-it was making me (and my husband) crazy. Now I go by how my clothes feel and look. If I can look fab in clothes-that's WAY better to me than what a number on a scale says!

As an FYI...about 2 weeks in, JNL was starting to annoy me...you start to hear her slogans over and over. some peopel sent it back because she was over the top. I like her energy-but It gets old after a while. on the main screen, in the options (above play) if you choose the Music louder option, it will drown her out. Sometimes you need that when you are listening to the same person every day!!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Really interested to read this. I bought it and sent it back as I thought she'd drive me nuts. Interested to read about drowning her out. Maybe I should get it again. Has anyone got before and after photos
  • ElenaTS
    Options
    Really interested to read this. I bought it and sent it back as I thought she'd drive me nuts. Interested to read about drowning her out. Maybe I should get it again. Has anyone got before and after photos

Thats funny you said that. The person that wrote the Amazon review I had read before purchasing this, sent it back for that reason. I just happened to come across the music louder option on someone else's post. So I always throw it out there to people. It was REALLY helpful for me because I know I would have quit doing the workouts a while ago because she would have put me over the top. Wish I had known this also about P90x before month 3 when I wanted to strangle Tony Horton!

I crossed paths on a video fitness board 2 months ago with the person that wrote the Amazon review, and told her about the music louder option. She reordered it and has been doing to for a month and LOVES it! I like a "Music louder gym setting " anyway. I prop a $5 Target behind the door mirror, up on a coffee table and work out in front of that, with the workout playing out of the corner of my eye so i can watch the timing of the circuits. It helped me with my form, helped me to see changes and, it's amazing how NOT high my knees were, or NOT high my high power kicks were, until I saw them in the mirror. It helps keep me honest.
    I didn't order the advanced set with the ropes and stuff. So I use 1 or 2 pound per hand weighted gloves for all the standing cardio.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Think I may order it again. I liked the IDEA of the workout - think I'll give it another go.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Elena - thanks for sharing YOUR story. As I was writing my little blurb I kept thinking of how much whining I was doing and how many excuses I've been using for not sticking to my plan. I'm so proud to hear that JNL Fusion is working for you. Your words will motivate me to push play because I hope to see results like the ones you're describing.

It's only day 4 so JNL isn't annoying yet but I will keep the music louder option in mind in case I eventually hit my wall with her.

Jaz - if you do decide to reorder please let me know so maybe we can buddy up and do it together???
  • telcochik
    Options
    Day 4 Bicep Blaster

I enjoyed 1/2 of this workout. 3 circuits dedicated to hitting the bicep from all angles coupled with 30 second cardio blasts and then 3 circuits of PUSH UPS coupled with 30 second cardio blasts. All I can say is OWWWWWW!!!! My shoulders are on fire. I did the warm up and cool down from Combat 45 which was perfect.
  • ElenaTS
    Options
    Day 4 Bicep Blaster

I enjoyed 1/2 of this workout. 3 circuits dedicated to hitting the bicep from all angles coupled with 30 second cardio blasts and then 3 circuits of PUSH UPS coupled with 30 second cardio blasts. All I can say is OWWWWWW!!!! My shoulders are on fire. I did the warm up and cool down from Combat 45 which was perfect.

I think I dread this work out the most. I HATE the pushups! Even after all these months, I am still sore the next day from the push ups. The only upside is, since I track everything, the number I can do before dropping to my knees, has increased so much since I started. SO that's a plus. Whenever I dread doing a move, I just tell myself (To quote Tony Horton from P90x) "It's only 30 seconds. You can do anything for 30 seconds! Suck it up.." and I do!
  • telcochik
    Options
    I say the same thing to myself Elena! :laugh:

Day 5 Lean Legs

OK I enjoyed this one as well. Weighted squats, lunges, and pelvic thrusts (laying down never felt so good :laugh: combined with 30 second cardio blasts. I'm starting to get the rhythm of JNL's workouts. I woke up extremely sore across my chest and biceps this morning so it was nice to focus on my lower half and give my arms a break.

I've got the warmup from Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit cued up to start day 6. My goal is to finish the entire 10 minute warm up and then move on to JNL Crazy Cardio but we'll see how I feel. The Insanity warm up is a workout in and of itself!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Day 6 Crazy Cardio Circuit

Another winner! Today I did 1 round of the warmup and the warmup and cool down stretching segments from Insanity. I felt so much better and more ready to start the actual workout afterwards. will definitely be doing this again before and after all JNL workouts.

CCC is wholly focused on the core and you are using weights to increase the intensity. As always, each weighted move is combined with a 30 second cardio blast. 6 circuits, 3 sets in each and today I was dripping when it was over (*YAY*). I'm looking forward to doing this one again in the future.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Day 7 Upper Body Blowout

Loved this one too. I'm so happy to see I'm enjoying these workouts. So far I don't find JNL too annoying and, thanks to Insanity, I now know how to focus on what I'm doing rather than what the people in the video are doing so I go at my own pace.

This one was another sweat fest. Who knew you could sweat so much in 30 minutes???? :laugh:
  • ldawson81
    ldawson81 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am beginning JNL Fusion on Monday. I am really looking forward to it. I did Insanity for 60 days but found it to be too long some days. Plus I like the idea of building muscle as well so I think JNL will be awesome for me. I never listen to the commentary on workout dvds I do my workout in my garage and crank my music up so I don't hear myself panting or flopping. I lost 10lbs during Insanity, got a bad chest cold and never went back. Hope to see good results with JNL. Let me know if anyone wants to "buddy-up"!