Healthy fast food options

Options
Hey there!
I want some help choosing some fast food healthy and yummy options? Tonight im going out and i dont know what to choose.. maybe something from pizza hut, taco bell, wendys, carls jr, kfc...
Thanks!

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I like going for the Taco Bell Chalupa. That's usually what I crave when I want fast food - the shell is om nom nom.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Carls JR lettuce wrap big hamburger.

Do you have a chipotle? It's super healthy.
  • mjschumacher100
    Options
    All fast food options are healthy, as long as you don't eat too much of them. Keep the amount you eat in check and go for whatever tickles you.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    We love chipo!

Or in n' out, but they are only in 4 states... in n out double cheeseburger protein style (no bun, lettuce wrap) - 520 cals. Hell yes!
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't see you finding anything healthy at Pizza Hut. Taco Bell has the fresco or whatever they call it menu that's lower calorie. KFC has the grilled chicken, which would be healthier than the classic breaded. When I plan something like that I always go to their websites to see if they post nutrition info.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A posts their calorie counts on the menu. I had their Asian salad the other day -- 330 calories (with fried chicken, no less!) and another 100 calories for fat-free honey mustard dressing. Delicious! If you asked for grilled chicken it would be even fewer calories.
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Check out each website, they should have the nutrition on it and you can see what sounds good to you and what calories you can have. It's great to plan it out, then you won't be surprised afterwords.
  • mjl54
    mjl54 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: in and out triple burger no cheese protein style
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The Fiesta Bowls at Taco Bell are good, around 500 cals (check their website for exact cal count) and very filling. Wendy's jr cheeseburger and a half salad. Or baked potato and top it with a small cup of chili. Delish!
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    1 slice (1/8 of a pizza) of a medium veggie lovers on thin crust is 170 calories.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I order kid's meals and 1$ menu stuff. At Wendy's I spring for the Jr Cheeseburger Deluxe ($1.29). Avoid fries and get the smallest sized sandwich/entree or a salad.
  • flashesbuck
    flashesbuck Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    did you forget subway?..... we hit up chipotle all the time... also Boston Market, get the turkey meal.
  • flashesbuck
    flashesbuck Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts has a good breakfast menu that has healthy sandwiches for on the run!
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Wendy's has a really good honey mustard flatbread chicken sandwich that runs mid 300's for calories.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    All fast food options are healthy, as long as you don't eat too much of them. Keep the amount you eat in check and go for whatever tickles you.

Garbage is unhealthy, regardless of how much you eat.

400 calories of eggs is better then 200 calories of Dr. Pepper.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I don't eat at any of the places you listed. But most places will always have a salad if all else fails. I usually eat subway, chick fila, I had a yummy wrap from arbys the other day. It was under around 400 or so calories and it was huge! Definitely enough for a whole meal.
  • emilydiehl08
    Options
    Chipotle is my fast food of choice. Anddd bonus they know post which menu items are GMO (first chain to make that public!)

I get a burrito bol with black beans, fajita veggies, pork or chicken, corn, tomatoes, cheese and extra lettuce. nom nom nom
  • imstrong4me
    imstrong4me Posts: 119
    Options
    I work at mcdonlads yes its not healthy but they do have the mcwraps its is good I always use grilled chicken. you should try it
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

This!

Pick anything you want but control your portions. Get a to go container at the start of your meal and pack up half right away so you don't eat the whole thing (restaurants tend to give HUGE portions). Than you have dinner and than lunch or dinner for the next day.

Otherwise, I tend to go to Subway when we eat out and don't want to go to a sit down place. You can make your meal as healthy (or unhealthy) as you want.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Pollo Loco, fantastic spiced grilled chicken