Tummy Bloat

Options
Hi guys

I have been using this site on and off for a while now and am thinking about adding it back into my life. I have gained a lot of weight (nearly 20 pounds in less than a year) due to stress, Paxil, the depo shot, and just not watching what I eat. I am sick of feeling sorry for myself so I am trying to lose weight for good now. I watch Cassey Ho on Youtube for information and exercises regarding my fitness and even nutrition since she has reasonable food recipes on her channel. I have been kicking my butt lately, and by kicking my butt, I mean getting off of it and doing cardio. For about 2 weeks now I have been doing cardio and have been doing it for about 1 hour with some breaks in between to catch my breath and to drink water. I drink A LOT of water...

Small intro aside, here's the real issue. I have lost probably 2-3 pounds which is great since I haven't seen any weight improvement in what felt like a long time. But now I feel extremely bloated kinda like a balloon at times. Sorry to be blunt here and it is a rather embarrassing topic, but I also get very bad gas too. It smells worse than it usually would, and it has been like that for over a few days now with the bloat going on longer than that.

My diet has changed, we have started to eat organically now. I have also cut out snacking I would say by over half. When I wake up I will try to eat something along the lines of Cheerios and Oatmeal(With Splenda and Bananas). I tend to eat fruit more than veggies, but am trying to become more accustomed to liking them.

Has anyone else experienced bloat similar to mine? I also use Miralax every day to make sure things move along nicely and it works fine.

Thank you your comments will help me a lot

Replies

• jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It might be all the water, i get very bloated if i drink water! I also get bloated if i'm hungry, but by the sounds of your loss you are being quite sensible with your eating, so i doubt that's an issue. Can't be of too much help otherwise i'm afraid. But well done for getting back on it :)
  • Theladypwnage
    Options
    Thank you so much for replying makes me feel a bit better haha :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    YES, I get it so bad sometimes it brings me to my knees with pain, I also look pregnant and I have worked too hard and too long on this stomach to be looking like that. I use an enzyme from the health food store. You can also use papaya enzymes from a drug store if Beano does not work for you.

Good luck and Good Health! :flowerforyou:
  • Maddie_Price
    Options
    I get bloated if I have a lot of salad or fruit in a day, not sure why, my body just prefers vegetables I guess? Cut back on your fruit intake and try to get more of your 5 a day from fibrous veggies and see if it makes a difference? x
  • chloeobe
    chloeobe Posts: 72
    Options
    Its will just be the change or pace and change of diet, i chop an change mt diet from good to bad and back, and I get terrible bloating and trapped wind, its just yur bodies way of dealing with it. If you keep eating well then your body will get used to it and the bloating will go, it does for me after about 6 weeks of healthy eating! Then you wont belive how flat your stomach is!!

Also you may have a bit of IBS like me which is aggrevated by raw veg/fruit (apples and onions are the worst for me), so i tend to avoid these triggers and try to eat most of my veg steamed. Caffiene might be to blame too for IBS.
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would give it time. Your body is probably adjusting to your new eating habits. I eat a lot of fruit and it makes me burp a lot.
  • fitfoodymama
    fitfoodymama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    After 2 kids, I would be so bloated every night! Then my fiance and I started the Atkins diet, we both lost at least 5lbs in the 1st week. That was great of course, but even more so that I wasn't bloated at night anymore!! It was all the carbs that made me bloated. With the Atkins diet we still have some carbs, but from veggies not unhealthy or processed sources. It is something to look into for you at least. It could help you too. :smile:
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I too have days when I feel bloated and other days when I feel "skinny". Still haven't made the connection between what I am eating that causes this feeling except maybe the salt in some of my foods. I try to keep naturally diuretic foods in my daily diet like cucumbers, watermelon, lemon, etc. If it lasts I will investigate further but it is an infrequent dillema for me right now. Good luck :smile:
  • Theladypwnage
    Options
    I am terribly sorry to hear about the pain and if it makes you feel any better you look fantastic in your pic!! :D
  • Theladypwnage
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I suppose its my bodies way of dealing with the change.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    When I started eating alot of salads and fruit my body bloated and the other thing happened as well. Once your body gets tapered off you will be ok.
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I have been through this and after trying OTC junk someone recommended peppermint - I must say that having one piece of peppermint hard candy settles my tummy after I eat.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you look at the following:

1) gluten consumption (cherios etc)
    2) artificical sweetner (huge culprit)
    3) dairy
    4) fruit

all of those are TERRIBLE for me.

Eat whole foods, less grains and less dairy - see how you go.
  • amatxuof5
    amatxuof5 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi guys

I have been using this site on and off for a while now and am thinking about adding it back into my life. I have gained a lot of weight (nearly 20 pounds in less than a year) due to stress, Paxil, the depo shot, and just not watching what I eat. I am sick of feeling sorry for myself so I am trying to lose weight for good now. I watch Cassey Ho on Youtube for information and exercises regarding my fitness and even nutrition since she has reasonable food recipes on her channel. I have been kicking my butt lately, and by kicking my butt, I mean getting off of it and doing cardio. For about 2 weeks now I have been doing cardio and have been doing it for about 1 hour with some breaks in between to catch my breath and to drink water. I drink A LOT of water...

Small intro aside, here's the real issue. I have lost probably 2-3 pounds which is great since I haven't seen any weight improvement in what felt like a long time. But now I feel extremely bloated kinda like a balloon at times. Sorry to be blunt here and it is a rather embarrassing topic, but I also get very bad gas too. It smells worse than it usually would, and it has been like that for over a few days now with the bloat going on longer than that.

My diet has changed, we have started to eat organically now. I have also cut out snacking I would say by over half. When I wake up I will try to eat something along the lines of Cheerios and Oatmeal(With Splenda and Bananas). I tend to eat fruit more than veggies, but am trying to become more accustomed to liking them.

Has anyone else experienced bloat similar to mine? I also use Miralax every day to make sure things move along nicely and it works fine.

Thank you your comments will help me a lot

This was exactly me when I started using protein shakes. IT WAS THE MILK FOR ME! Have you started using more milk? I switched to Almond milk and it stopped! My doctor also told me that a probiotic would help, so I took one of those for a while too. She recommended Sustenex. No more bloat and no more gas!