Anyone in Alaska?

redcoat45
redcoat45 Posts: 18
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi....I am just starting out with the MFP...looks like a great site but I am wondering if there is anyone out there in the Alaskan bush?

The reasons i ask is becuase i understand getting your groceries is quite a different affair than if you live in a big town or in the lower 48 so I was hoping someone in the bush can tell me that this can work?

Thinking about it....it should ..... I have found the only thing that has ever worked sucessfully for me has been good old fashioned calorie counting....tried atkins, weightwatchers etc but I dont think my mindset was right....once you get out of the "I want a quick fix" madness and give yourself a realistic goal in realisitic timeframe it seems to work much better.

Anyways ....here i am hoping to here from any one in Alaska

Thanks

Replies

• redcoat45
    redcoat45 Posts: 18
    Hi....I am just starting out with the MFP...looks like a great site but I am wondering if there is anyone out there in the Alaskan bush?

The reasons i ask is becuase i understand getting your groceries is quite a different affair than if you live in a big town or in the lower 48 so I was hoping someone in the bush can tell me that this can work?

Thinking about it....it should ..... I have found the only thing that has ever worked sucessfully for me has been good old fashioned calorie counting....tried atkins, weightwatchers etc but I dont think my mindset was right....once you get out of the "I want a quick fix" madness and give yourself a realistic goal in realisitic timeframe it seems to work much better.

Anyways ....here i am hoping to here from any one in Alaska

Thanks
  • mamajo
    mamajo Posts: 19
    :drinker: :glasses: Not from Alaska, but welcome anyway - we're all in the same boat on here - needing a support network for "losers"...hahahahaha
This discussion has been closed.