another loose skin and stretch marks thread.

Replies

• holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    My boyfriend has them, doesn't bother me at all.
    That's great. I'm not really sure how girls react to guys having them, I personally wouldn't care if a girl had them.

There is a girl that I really like, but I don't want to freak her out with my massive stretch marks and it almost puts me off all together. Do they fade LOADS?

Everyone has physical flaws. Would you be freaked out if you undressed your date and found some stretch marks? Any woman who is compatible with you would have the same reaction you do.

They do fade with time, just like scars do. But also like scars, they only fade so much. If you have really large ones, count on them sticking around pretty much forever. You need to learn how to live with them.
  • ScottIan11
    ScottIan11 Posts: 48
    I've had stretch marks since i had a growth spurt at 16. And they were all over - Feet, legs, boobs. They did fade and are barely noticeable. Remember everyone has their flaws. And if a woman doesn't want to be with you for such petty things as loose skin and stretch marks, she probably isn't worth your time anyways!!!
    Some of mine have faded-ish. I was thinking about eventually having the laser surgery, but they are only for the red ones apparently, and as I want to apply lotion to help prevent loose skin, I think they will also help whiten the stretch marks so maybe I won't be able to get the laser surgery.
  • ScottIan11
    you wont know what will happen hopes of it bouncing back etc are great but hopes..

Ive lost over 100lbs and no such luck.

lifting yes helps .. standing up helps.. leaning over and lying down skin hangs sux.. skin around belly sux.

personally stretch marks least of my worries.. excess skin is the issue. Although I will accept the extra size body suit vs a full extra size body suit any day!

you can see pics of me in my photos i put up for this reason.
    True. Congratulations on your massive transformation, I have looked at your pics. Thanks for the reply.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Hey, I have stretch marks so it would be horribly hypocritical of me to care if guys had them. ;) Seriously, you are doing really well. Don't worry a bit about the stupid stretch marks. They will fade with time.
    Haha well thanks. They are really common, so maybe I'm making a big deal about it? & thank you (-: I will get some bio oil I think.

I'd recommend cocoa butter or some other moisturiser over this. Yes, it may be good, but it's just a labelled and glorified brand named lotion. I always use cocoa butter and it works wonders! Probably works the same as the bio-oil; if not - better!
  • ScottIan11
    My boyfriend has them, doesn't bother me at all.
    That's great. I'm not really sure how girls react to guys having them, I personally wouldn't care if a girl had them.

There is a girl that I really like, but I don't want to freak her out with my massive stretch marks and it almost puts me off all together. Do they fade LOADS?

Everyone has physical flaws. Would you be freaked out if you undressed your date and found some stretch marks? Any woman who is compatible with you would have the same reaction you do.

They do fade with time, just like scars do. But also like scars, they only fade so much. If you have really large ones, count on them sticking around pretty much forever. You need to learn how to live with them.
    I probably wouldn't to be honest, if I liked a girl a lot, I wouldn't care about the stretch marks. But not everyone is like that. To alot of people, appearance is everything but you have a point. I do have very large ones, I have posted a picture a few posts above. Thanks for the reply.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    I have stretch marks mainly from having my children but I'm sure some came from my weight !! Don't be discourage they fade over time !! your body is always making and shedding new skin...gross ...but it does, the key is to keep your skin as HYDRATED as possible not just lotions or oil but hydrating from within as well Lots of water :) the extra skin I don't have yet but I may toward the end of my journey , I have read many articles on this and it all depends on the age , hydration of the person ...how elastic your skin is ...which comes back to hydration and time the more time your skin has to shed and grow it will tighten up ...for some the results take way to long are impossible to get to , but here's a little secret I had passed to me while training in the surgical feild as a surgical technologist....I was working with a plastic surgeon who was removing excess skin from a middle aged woman ...at first her insurance wouldn't pay because it was not a threat to her health , BUT he was such an awesome dr. He reported to the insurance the skin was in fact a issue for her health ....extra skin can cause skin irritation leading into bacteria spread and infection so long story short she had the skin removed and paid through her insurance AND everyone was happy !! But for those of you without insurance I would reccomend doing some research on skin itself ...learn the layers and understand how they work ...that way you know how to treat your skin, pamper it to be as healthy as possible ...the rest will follow !! Ps....if lotions are your thing THINK twice many are made with alcohol ..which DRY YOUR SKIN ...cocoa butter are always great !! Even for stretch marks !!
  • ScottIan11
    Hey, I have stretch marks so it would be horribly hypocritical of me to care if guys had them. ;) Seriously, you are doing really well. Don't worry a bit about the stupid stretch marks. They will fade with time.
    Haha well thanks. They are really common, so maybe I'm making a big deal about it? & thank you (-: I will get some bio oil I think.

I'd recommend cocoa butter or some other moisturiser over this. Yes, it may be good, but it's just a labelled and glorified brand named lotion. I always use cocoa butter and it works wonders! Probably works the same as the bio-oil; if not - better!
    OK, thank you for the tip. I'll look into it :)
  • ScottIan11
    I have stretch marks mainly from having my children but I'm sure some came from my weight !! Don't be discourage they fade over time !! your body is always making and shedding new skin...gross ...but it does, the key is to keep your skin as HYDRATED as possible not just lotions or oil but hydrating from within as well Lots of water :) the extra skin I don't have yet but I may toward the end of my journey , I have read many articles on this and it all depends on the age , hydration of the person ...how elastic your skin is ...which comes back to hydration and time the more time your skin has to shed and grow it will tighten up ...for some the results take way to long are impossible to get to , but here's a little secret I had passed to me while training in the surgical feild as a surgical technologist....I was working with a plastic surgeon who was removing excess skin from a middle aged woman ...at first her insurance wouldn't pay because it was not a threat to her health , BUT he was such an awesome dr. He reported to the insurance the skin was in fact a issue for her health ....extra skin can cause skin irritation leading into bacteria spread and infection so long story short she had the skin removed and paid through her insurance AND everyone was happy !! But for those of you without insurance I would reccomend doing some research on skin itself ...learn the layers and understand how they work ...that way you know how to treat your skin, pamper it to be as healthy as possible ...the rest will follow !! Ps....if lotions are your thing THINK twice many are made with alcohol ..which DRY YOUR SKIN ...cocoa butter are always great !! Even for stretch marks !!
    But HOW much do they fade? Completely? Or maybe it's different for everyone? I definitely keep my skin hydrated, I drink water ALL day. I'm young so, maybe I'll be ok losing 70 pounds. I can only pinch little bits on my lower stomach at least I think it's loose skin but and on my arms. It's worse on my arms. Thank you for your long detailed reply, I did not know about the alcohol thing so I'm definitely glad you replied to my thread lol thank you.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    But HOW much do they fade? Completely? Or maybe it's different for everyone? I definitely keep my skin hydrated, I drink water ALL day. I'm young so, maybe I'll be ok losing 70 pounds. I can only pinch little bits on my lower stomach at least I think it's loose skin but and on my arms. It's worse on my arms. Thank you for your long detailed reply, I did not know about the alcohol thing so I'm definitely glad you replied to my thread lol thank you.

They usually smooth out some in texture, and fade to a color close to your skin. Sometimes they have a silvery look.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    They will are fairly well, I haven't seen pics but I'll tell you when I was pregnant my stretch marks were really dark almost purple !! After awhile the color became more of the same as my non stretched skin..I can still see them from an angle because like the last post said they become almost silvery or have a slight sheen to them ...but in the mirror I can no longer see them ! I will say this too ...I used to tan ( don't anymore because of the hazards ) but tanning them safely will reduce their appearance ! USE SUNSCREEN you can still tan with it ...sunscreen blocks harmful rays but still allows you to tan ! So get out their whip out those bad boys!! Lol, I would think !! That the skin you are pinching and feeling the ball type things or curds I call them is fat , there is a layer of fat directly under your skin Known as subcutaneous tissue so I think that's what you are feeling ...I don't think that should ever be completely gone due to the fact that it has a purpose as part of the protection our skin gives us ...you would have to consult with a physician to know whether your subcutis layer is at a healthy range or not
  • ScottIan11
    They will are fairly well, I haven't seen pics but I'll tell you when I was pregnant my stretch marks were really dark almost purple !! After awhile the color became more of the same as my non stretched skin..I can still see them from an angle because like the last post said they become almost silvery or have a slight sheen to them ...but in the mirror I can no longer see them ! I will say this too ...I used to tan ( don't anymore because of the hazards ) but tanning them safely will reduce their appearance ! USE SUNSCREEN you can still tan with it ...sunscreen blocks harmful rays but still allows you to tan ! So get out their whip out those bad boys!! Lol, I would think !! That the skin you are pinching and feeling the ball type things or curds I call them is fat , there is a layer of fat directly under your skin Known as subcutaneous tissue so I think that's what you are feeling ...I don't think that should ever be completely gone due to the fact that it has a purpose as part of the protection our skin gives us ...you would have to consult with a physician to know whether your subcutis layer is at a healthy range or not
    OK good. Because I have some REALLY bad ones (pic posted on 1st page) I always thought that when they do eventually fade, and you get a tan, don't the stretch marks stay silvery or whatever so then they are really noticeable? I'll use sunblock but I definitely won't be tanning for some time lol but thanks. Well it just feels like loose skin that I'm pinching,underneath I can feel the fat, I can pinch 1cm at the most I think and can make little thin rolls out of them . Over my stomach
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Oh I SEE IT !!! Wow...you really aren't bad!! Give them time they will fade but like scar tissue they will always be there unless you have laser treatment or something, honestly I think once you lose all the weight you want to lose the skin will tighten for you !! Honestly I do think so some strength training in your future would help I'm sure men have those mean abs !! You will have no problem filling that in with lean muscle if you work at it, but certainly in the mean time keep hydrated ;) DON'T BE DISCOURAGED !! Your lady freind probably won't even notice ;)
  • ScottIan11
    Oh I SEE IT !!! Wow...you really aren't bad!! Give them time they will fade but like scar tissue they will always be there unless you have laser treatment or something, honestly I think once you lose all the weight you want to lose the skin will tighten for you !! Honestly I do think so some strength training in your future would help I'm sure men have those mean abs !! You will have no problem filling that in with lean muscle if you work at it, but certainly in the mean time keep hydrated ;) DON'T BE DISCOURAGED !! Your lady freind probably won't even notice ;)
    You REALLY don't think they look that bad? If so, thank you. Apparently you can only get the laser treatment when they are barely visible. Thank you, I really do hope you are right about the loose skin, I am really worried about it :/ because I can already pinch little bits. I will be doing resistance training though aswell as crunches and planks. Thanks again for keep coming back and replying (: lol appreciate it alot. And I really hope she won't haha.
  • ScottIan11

They usually smooth out some in texture, and fade to a color close to your skin. Sometimes they have a silvery look.
    Ah ok. I think I do already have some silvery ones actually but only a few. Thanks.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Absolutely , I love giving advice ....although I'm no phd I like to think I learned a thing or two in my years of college, lol...it will take time maybe a year maybe more in the meantime the best advice I can give is work on your confidence ! Women find that EXTREMELY attractive , you need to focus on your accomplishments and not your minor flaws , think of them as battle scars for now , they are something you fought to stop !! AND she will NEVER see them if you hold her close enough ;) hehe
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    You'll probably get some sagging skin but if you weight train while you lose, it'll minimize sagging. If you do get lose skin, some of it will shrink back. For stretch marks, you can try Mederma- I've never used it for stretch marks, but it definitely got rid of a bad burn scar on my arm so I'd give it a shot.
  • InstantKarma24
    InstantKarma24 Posts: 27 Member
    This may seem silly, but I say enjoy the hell out of your marks. At the risk of sounding cliche', our bodies are a record of our existence... "That scar is from the heart-surgery I had at fourteen. That one is from the surgery to repair the knee I blew playing basketball. That dent in my thigh is from drunkenly running into a shopping cart while escaping with some stolen beer/candy. These stripes are from the time in my life that I was bigger than I am now, and you can see them so well because of the hard work I put in..." Own your flaws, because perfection tends to be super boring...
  • ScottIan11
    This may seem silly, but I say enjoy the hell out of your marks. At the risk of sounding cliche', our bodies are a record of our existence... "That scar is from the heart-surgery I had at fourteen. That one is from the surgery to repair the knee I blew playing basketball. That dent in my thigh is from drunkenly running into a shopping cart while escaping with some stolen beer/candy. These stripes are from the time in my life that I was bigger than I am now, and you can see them so well because of the hard work I put in..." Own your flaws, because perfection tends to be super boring...
    You do have a good point and I like the way you look at it. I will try and be more like that when I feel more confident about them. Thank you!
  • ScottIan11
    You'll probably get some sagging skin but if you weight train while you lose, it'll minimize sagging. If you do get lose skin, some of it will shrink back. For stretch marks, you can try Mederma- I've never used it for stretch marks, but it definitely got rid of a bad burn scar on my arm so I'd give it a shot.
    Meh I do hope not. I dind't think losing 70lb would cause THAT much loose skin. Plus I'm young. I do also do weight training...I'll have to wait and see I suppose. I have heard of the name of that cream but I don't know much about it, I will do further research. Thank you for your post.
  • ScottIan11
    Absolutely , I love giving advice ....although I'm no phd I like to think I learned a thing or two in my years of college, lol...it will take time maybe a year maybe more in the meantime the best advice I can give is work on your confidence ! Women find that EXTREMELY attractive , you need to focus on your accomplishments and not your minor flaws , think of them as battle scars for now , they are something you fought to stop !! AND she will NEVER see them if you hold her close enough ;) hehe
    Haha well thanks. I will work on my weight training AND my confidence, thank you. Hopefully it doesn't take a year. Although actually as long as my skin can fully recover, I won't mind. Thanks again for your post (-:

I just don't want to end up like this:

http://training.fitness.com/attachments/weight-loss/4857d1284342344-more-fat-loose-loose-skin-file0416.jpg