Who's doing Insanity?! ????

Options
Hey everyone!
Just started insanity recently
(I got the program a few weeks ago but because of a knee injury
I was only doing it sporadically to build up strength)
Now I'm confidant I can do it and am on I my 4th consecutive day ????
Just looking for motivation and support from people who know how INSANE it really is lol
I'm 5'7
206lbs
My ultimate goal is to just be stronger and healthier
But losing the 40+lbs I gained during pregnancy would be amazing

Anyone who wants a motivation partner (or just someone to complain to about how much you hate globe jumps)lol
Feel free to request or message me

-Elizabeth

Replies

• britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm in recovery week starting Sunday. I love the workout. If I feel like puking, I feel like I'm working just hard enough. Here's my advice:

Beware of injury. (General soreness-OK, Shooting pain-rest day, with no shame)

You will probably gain weight. (At least at first.)

I was starving a lot. Upped my cals.

People will think you are crazy. You are. But it's the good kind.
  • elliedubz
    elliedubz Posts: 18
    Options
    Great job!! and good luck starting MAX
    Thank you for the advice like I said with a recovering injury it's not exactly easy but I love the rush its intense
    I think I may need to up my cals or at least my protein intake because I have been getting headaches
    Now that you say that i think maybe it's probably why
  • misslmarie
    misslmarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started myself. I am on week two with Sundays being my rest day. I am looking forward to a change in my body. I am 5'1" and 140 but I look about 130.
  • jrr07080
    jrr07080 Posts: 18
    Options
    Awesome program choice ladies... are either of you working with a beachbody coach?
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I just started myself. I am on week two with Sundays being my rest day. I am looking forward to a change in my body. I am 5'1" and 140 but I look about 130.
    We've got the same stats, although I'm looking to be 110 if I can lol, to be at my pre pregnancy weight.
    I'm on the day 4 tonight, cardio recovery. I'm dreading it lol
    To the op, how about motivating each other as we're on the same day?
    Haylie
  • ProudMotherof4ProudWife2007
    Options
    i'm doing insanity also
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    I'm almost through my third week! So far no weight change or much of an inch change, but I feel stronger and look slimmer! Any Insane people can add me!
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I actually just finished Insanity this past weekend and, though it was hard...I feel like I want to do it again, or move on to Asylum.
    I started at 213lbs (I'm 5,2), and right now, and have lost about 20lbs.

Feel free to add me.
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Im on Week 5 :) .. Recovery week

i think its about to get insane as of next week !

oh and you hate globe jumps ! ... i hate Switch Kicks :( ,
  • calroseangelo
    Options

I hate power jumps!! I have CPR tomorrow and those are awful!! How do they get their knees up that high?? :laugh: Enjoy Recovery week! Mine is in a couple weeks!
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I like Switch Kicks...when they don't come after a minute of Suicide Runs.

The bane of my existence is Suicide Jumps (I call them Burpees). I did 11 during Pure Cardio today and was so happy....after I realized I WASN'T going to die.
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in recovery week starting Sunday. I love the workout. If I feel like puking, I feel like I'm working just hard enough. Here's my advice:

Beware of injury. (General soreness-OK, Shooting pain-rest day, with no shame)

You will probably gain weight. (At least at first.)

I was starving a lot. Upped my cals.

People will think you are crazy. You are. But it's the good kind.

Hi Im also on week 5 recovery day 4 :)
    hang in there ladys!
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am on day 40 (day 5 of month 2). I really enjoy the workout and competing with the people in the video. I lost 7 lbs in the first month and hope to take off some more this month! The only negative I have for the program is that it is a killer on my knees. I ice them both every night, but they still hurt. Of course, it's totally worth it for me. :) Feel free to add me.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 (I think). Week 2, month 2. Month 2 is totally kicking my butt! Loving it though.
  • kennerlygrl
    Options
    I am one workout away from finishing week 3.....I love the program and haven't seen much change but looking forward to completing ti and seeing results.

Anyone doing insanity, feel free to add me!!!

Good luck to everyone!!:smile:
  • jhedeen
    jhedeen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 rounds!!
  • djozwiak1
    djozwiak1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I adore Insanity so please feel free to add me as a friend (djozwiak1). I am doing a few workouts from it at the moment :)
  • jendemi
    jendemi Posts: 115
    Options
    I am planning on starting again either Sunday or Monday. I started and was on Day 4 and got very sick, So I had to stop. I am ready to try it again.
    Feel free to friend me (jendemi)
    Would love support from fellows that are working this program.
    I need the motivation, I tell myself I can do it then psych myself out, comparing myself to others!
  • arfakk
    arfakk Posts: 1
    Options
    Im on DAY 2... WOULD LOVE SOME MOTIVATION :)
  • jumpthemoon
    jumpthemoon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just finished my recovery week and am on Day 4 of the Max training. I almost cried when I saw the hour+ of the first day, but I got through it. It's definitely challenging, but I'm really loving it! Not only am I losing weight and toning my body, but I'm sleeping much better too! There may be times when you feel like giving up, but every time I feel that way I say to myself that I've made it this far and I CAN DO IT! What's really important is that you truly know your limits and remember that it's not about keeping up with the people on the DVD, but keeping the correct form and doing the exercises correctly. I started out slowly at first to make sure I did them all correctly and kicked it up a notch when I had them down.

You can do it! If you need inspiration or a little nudge, just let me know. Good luck!