Y U NO Log water consumed?

Options

Replies

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Because I don't need to track it.. I KNOW I am getting all the hydration my body needs and then some. If it was something I struggled with then I'd track it to make sure, but I'm well over the minimum required amount so why bother?
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's helpful at first, but after a while it becomes tedious. I know I drink enough water every day and I logged for the first probably 6 months I was on here, but after a while it's a little much to make sure I log my water. If you're not worried about your water consumption throughout the day, I don't see the need to log every single day.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't log it because I don't care. I am convinced that I can remain well hydrated without clicking on that little glass. I haven't shrivelled up so far, so I must be correct.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I just don't log it because I know how much I drink
  • KellyyT
    KellyyT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yeahhh. i NEVER log my water. i drink 16-32 oz with every meal, plus 32-40 oz for every work out. that's just too much effort.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't forget to drink or log. I just don't log because I have no reason to log. I consume plenty of liquids. I log those with calories in the food section, the rest don't matter.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    'Cause I don't need one more thing to get all obsessive about. Not being snarky when I say that either. It's the unfortunate truth.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I drink plenty of water, I don't need to log it. As long as you're drinking to thirst and paying attention to signs of water retention and dehydration (even the very mild beginning signs), there's absolutely no reason to obsess over consuming a specific arbitrary level of water every day. Most people get more than enough.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Y U NO use regular sentence structure? Just kidding...the title just sounded funny when I read it out loud :wink:

I don't even log my food every day right now so I don't log water regularly...but when I am logging I log my water--I run a lot and have a tendency to get dehydrated so logging reminds me to keep up on the appropriate water intake for me--which is 6-12 glasses a day. I think some people can't be bothered to log it, as it doesn't change the calorie or nutrient counts, or maybe they don't drink a lot of water? My brother is also a runner but doesn't drink a lot of water so if he were using the site he'd log maybe 2 glasses a day.
  • BreeFeelinFree
    Options
    Because I drink over a gallon a day and it's a pain!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I logged it at first. But then I learned it wasn't necessarily important. So I stopped bothering. I make a point to drink some water every day, but its not one of my goals.

This. I logged it for a while, but I always had between 8-16 cups anyway, so what's the point in logging when I know it's something I'm doing right?

I log the stuff I need to log.
  • MooseKnuckle5
    Options
    It's so damn hard to track water consumption. What size glass am I using? Okay, I drank 3 8 ounce glasses and 4 12 ounce glasses and then another 10 ounces with my protein shake, no way I'm tracking that and trying to remember it all. I just drink as I'm thirsty and if I get a sugar craving, I'll just drink some more.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i'd log it, but im too busy peeing everywhere.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    nah. I like to keep em guessing
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I drink enough water so it's not important to me to log. If I have a high sodium or high exercise day I will drink extra, but still not something I log.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    When I first started and at other times during my journey when I noticed my water intake dropped, I would log my water. Lately I have been getting 8 - 14 cups a day without hardly thinking so I haven't bothered in a while. I mainly use it when I need the reminder.
  • CarolElaine25
    Options
    Because I usually use fitbits water log... I like it better because it's in ounces rather than cups (to which I can't even log partial cups) and I keep track in ounces.
    This is a good idea. I like to track my water because, even though I love water, I'm not always good about drinking enough. However, my water bottle at work is 30oz, which doesn't work well translating to cups on MFP.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Aside from my morning coffee, it's the only other beverage I drink. No need to log all the time. I log all my food though.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I know that I drink more than enough so I don't waste time logging it.
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    I just can't be bothered to log it