Expectations

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    This was one of the best post to read. I could read it over and over.

1004596fr3.jpg

You have to have a goal!!!!!
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    Wonderfully written and chock full of information. Thanks Banks! :heart:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Wow... I needed to read that today. I'm at phase 4 and I know this is when things get hard .. and Temptation sets in a little more.. I needed that reminder to keep on going and not give up! thanks Banks :wink:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, thanks folks! Always good to know I'm not just writing drivel! I have another post comming soon. It'll be specifically about fat loss and how the body burns stored calories.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    3,587 bumps. Superman, do they "get it" yet? :glasses:
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Banks-Thanks so much for the information. I usually would get to the 3rd step and totally say "Screw it!" and give up. Not this time though. I just love this website!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • banks1850
    Options
    3,587 bumps. Superman, do they "get it" yet? :glasses:

LOL! I can just taste the sarcasm dripping. To answer your question, some do, some don't. :tongue:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Oh, I need to add a stage....maintenance.

For me at the start of maintenance it was really easy, in fact I kept losing for a while. Then life settled in, work and life changes occured, routines changed and a bit of taking for granted and laziness as they do for all of us. The last five months of routines needed to be revamped. I felt like I was starting all over with the challenge that I just conquered. Maintenance is a challenge, and requires attention to all of the same details that you concentrated on during losing. This is a life long change, the challenges and changes occur everytime you and your life changes. Stages 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.........
    Anne
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    bump:bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Love this post, and its good to re-read it. Still applies... I'm at around 2 months now, and I've stumbled once (the week around graduation was a disaster but I got back up on my horse). I've been trying to beat the upcoming wall by making sure I try out new recipies and always have something new to try.

It helps a lot to try ethnic foods. I've discovered a deep affection for sweet red bean paste. Its healthy, and there's a TON that can be done with it.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    BUMPITY!:flowerforyou:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I read this posting for the first time this morning. This is GREAT information.

I'm in Phase 3. :smile: :drinker: :drinker:
  • shar0124
    shar0124 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks Banks for this post.:flowerforyou:

I am just in Phase one having just started working with a trainer and logging my food and exercise on this great site. I haven't lost a pound yet but after 5 sessions with the trainer I can see some improvement in my strength and overall stamina.

It is helpful to be reminded of the phases involved in this journey. I printed off your post and will keep it handy to refer to when I feel discouraged.

This message board is great motivation also.

Thanks to everyone who contributes. I come here often to read the posts. :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    woo hoo. STILL some new converts! Keep it going folks.
  • tryingagain
    tryingagain Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well, weigh-in day again. I lost one more pound. Slow but in the right direction. This is week 3. I don't want to hit a wall yet. The little frog needs to move further on my ticker first!

67637.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Bump again.

You are a prolific writer and put things in perspective so well.

Awesome post.
  • tryingagain
    tryingagain Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Two more pounds gone.

67637.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • banks1850
    Options
    Thanks guys, I try. Go get em Trying! Great work!