Replies

• MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    oooh squats in the bathroom! now why didn't i think of that?:love:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I work at a university and go to the university gym, so I'm able to go at lunchtime sometimes. That's very convenient! I'm also committed to always take the stairs rather than the elevator, something I did NOT do before I started trying to lose weight.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    A lot of you guys opt to take the steps when possible, which is great! NOW... who is just walking up the steps? and who is hustling up the steps with quick feet? Maximize the opportunity to get good work in!
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do the bathroom squat as well, 10 squat everytime I need to pee, but I switch in between squat and push up. I should start planking on my lunch time. While waiting for the copier I stand on my tiptoe
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have elastic stretch band in my office, so I do that whenever I can... gets biceps, shoulders, tris, legs... very versatile
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    We have a vertical workstation (which I'm on right now) where I can walk on a treadmill while working. I sign up for an hour every day. You can't walk super fast, but it's movement and I usually end up walking a couple miles. Actually I get SUPER restless now if I don't walk while working.

I will also sometimes run up/down the stairs (4 flights) after a bathroom break. Or go to the bathroom at the other end of the building. Or take a quick lap around the building (inside). We also take a quick walk around the block after lunch (10-15 minutes) instead of sitting and chatting for the rest of our lunch. We just chat on our walk instead.

And lately I've been walking from our remote parking lot (2 blocks away) instead of taking the shuttle bus. That's an extra 15 minutes of walking per day round trip.

It all adds up!!
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I work in an office too, and have to sit a lot.

When I go to the restroom, I walk a couple brisk laps around the building. I also do the same when I refill my water bottle.

I have another post on here where the company offered a list of "desk exercises" So I've been squatting in my office off/on for weeks now!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1004318-desk-and-sitting-exercises - here is the original link with a full list of idea.s
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Wonderful way to get some extra movement in!

I take the stairs as much as I can. Get up to get my printing as soon as I click the button (at least 2 or 3 times a day). Walk to the bathroom and/or kitchen a few times a day. And I work out at the gym in my officel :) I know, that's cheating.
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Google "How to get stronger at work when your boss isn't looking" by Josh Hanagarne, title says it all.

Thanks for this, I did. Everyone should read the first story - it's funny!

This is a link to the book: http://worldsstrongestlibrarian.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/getting-stronger-at-work.pdf

I'm going to start my foam rolling + planks at lunch time. I've been thinking about the pistol squat and how I can't do it, I think I'll add this in to the mix too.

Thanks again for suggestion - worth reading.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Every little bit of exercise is great and I have a desk job too but during my lunch hour I will take a walk or I used to workout at a local gym but now do it before I come to work...my desk though is in a different office than my other coworkers so I will go back and forth quite often in a day and each time I go in that direction I fill up my water bottle at the water cooler:)
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I work downstairs in a 2 story office bldg. I go up and down the stairs several times a day and walk back and forth the length of the bldg.

I've gone from about 2000 steps and zero flights of stairs in a day to about 8500 steps and 12-13 flights per day. It's not much but I'm old and very overweight - so it's a good start I think!!
  • tfunkwurzer
    tfunkwurzer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea!
  • steph268
    steph268 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love these ideas1 I'm going to start the squat in the bathroom. I've just started walking two miles during my lunch hour at least 3 days per week.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Our company is all about fitness so at head office they have a full gym, at site where I work - they send emails once a months for 30 minutes bootcamp type workouts with things we can find around site. Pretty neat...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!