Never ate and OBESE?

Options
Okay here's the scoop on me ...since I was about fifteen I couldn't stand to eat and being miss know it all teen I thought id become skinny this way lol!! Not really funny but that's the way it was so this uneducated decision led me to where I am now 12 years later 5'7 and 233 pounds !! And that's skipping years of breakfast lunch and eating late dinners and snacking till wee hours of the morning ...ESP in my younger 20's PARTY TIME.... HENCE THE TITLE never ate and obese ....so now I'm 27 married have three beautiful girls and two stepdaughters and I look at myself and think ...I need to change this NOW my kids are small and they look up to me !! Some comments they have made like .." when I get big I'm gonna be fluffy like you moma " I DON'T think so ...so here I am been counting calories for two weeks excercising daily if not twice when I can , and talking with coaches , and researching the web to death ....I want my kids to be healthy and strong further more I want to PLAY :) sooo I'm a fairly motivated person I tend to take on a lot at times but I manage well ...so here is my predicament

I'm not reaching my calorie goal !! Seriously I hear people who hate to diet because they constantly hungry ...I Force myself to eat a good breakfast then I think I did good log it and it seems low , same for lunch and same for dinner !?!? WTH ...

I'VE NOTICED AS WELL ....I drink HALF my shakeology a day ( because it tends to fill me up too much)
My workout routine is INSANITY fourth day in ...

I HAVE lost 7 pounds approx. two weeks
I want to do this right and for the long term , I'm not trying to fit in a dress just want to be healthy and be a good roll model for my kids
I've cut my over portioned meals ( I think they were ) in half !
I rarely eat out
I prepare fresh meals
I have quit using butter
Switched to silk milk, Greek yogurt, egg whites, whole wheat grains, down to two cups of coffee instead of five !! And don't binge the snack cupboard ...
So my meals are TOO healthy my snacks are too perfect?? Idk...
I hear so many talk about starvation mode!
Any advice :)

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Your "Diet" is NOT "Too Healthy".
    Fats are NEEDED for a healthy diet and brain function.
    Egg yokes have great nutrition, eat them and other healthy fats.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Your "Diet" is NOT "Too Healthy".
    Fats are NEEDED for a healthy diet and brain function.
    Egg yokes have great nutrition, eat them and other healthy fats.

Agreed, too little fat isn't healthy. Fat is not your enemy, it is a vital requirement for a healthy body. Eat the yolks, use some oil, have some avocado...
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response I did end up scrambling two eggs this morning instead of the usuall one whole egg two egg whites, I've got to get these calories from somewhere
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    What is your calorie goal?

Insanity has my goal set to 2800 calories a da that's counting calories burned approx. 600 in their workouts, but this being my first time around with insanit or any high impact workout. Don't find those all necessary
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Good for you! When I started losing weight it by eating right and working out the weight literally melted off. This is what looks like is happening to you. This is perfectly fine as long as you have the energy to get through the day. Eventually the weight will not come off as easy and you will notice that the scale moves less and less. This is just because your body is getting healthier. Keep up the good work. What your doing seems healthy and it is working. Take this initial weight loss as a pep talk to keep up the good work! Just remember to feed your body healthy and work out like you're doing and you will see results. Congrats on the healthier you!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    1. you are loggin whole eggs, not egg whites. It is better to have whole, seriously check out the nutrient information somewhere online... but just thought I'd point out that either you tell yourself this in your mind, or you are logging incorrectly.

2. Your goal is 3000? That sounds like a goal for a weight lifting man. You should try recalculate it. Check out www.iifym.com which has good explanations of everything - your goal should be closer to 1500 I think.

3. Vegetables are so important! AND PROTEIN! you get them in some day, but try to get them in everything, all the time. I'll make my diary public and you can see that I am (most days) a total vegetable muncher (but yesterday was chocolate cake day hehe).

Don't just cut things out you love - you need to have them in there because this isn't a diet as such, but a healthy lifestyle change :) Please don't cut out fats, they are important and you need them!! Fish, eggs, milk etc provide healthy fats. I personally have 0 fat yoghurt because 1. I prefer the taste 2. it has less sugar and more protein than other yoghurts and I am aiming for a high protein intake.

Good luck!
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    cheese, avacados, nuts, whole dairy, eggs...the whole thing, fish...like salmon, larger portions of your chicken breast, lean ground beef, ground turkey, peanut butter, pasta and the list goes on..........hope this helps give you an idea of how to bump your calories up. It gets easier to do as you learn :smile:
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    1. you are loggin whole eggs, not egg whites. It is better to have whole, seriously check out the nutrient information somewhere online... but just thought I'd point out that either you tell yourself this in your mind, or you are logging incorrectly.

2. Your goal is 3000? That sounds like a goal for a weight lifting man. You should try recalculate it. Check out www.iifym.com which has good explanations of everything - your goal should be closer to 1500 I think.

3. Vegetables are so important! AND PROTEIN! you get them in some day, but try to get them in everything, all the time. I'll make my diary public and you can see that I am (most days) a total vegetable muncher (but yesterday was chocolate cake day hehe).

Don't just cut things out you love - you need to have them in there because this isn't a diet as such, but a healthy lifestyle change :) Please don't cut out fats, they are important and you need them!! Fish, eggs, milk etc provide healthy fats. I personally have 0 fat yoghurt because 1. I prefer the taste 2. it has less sugar and more protein than other yoghurts and I am aiming for a high protein intake.

Good luck!

While geuss where today , I have been logging right ..if you look back a few days I have egg whites plus one whole egg
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    Sorry typo....it should say whole geuss were today
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    EGGS ...oh my this iPad is cursed !!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    oh OK, I looked back a few days and they were whole again. Anyway, that is far from the point doesn't matter really - better to have whole! Please read the rest of my post!!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You are just starting and nice that you are wanting to learn. Keep up the good work.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Okay here's the scoop on me ...since I was about fifteen I couldn't stand to eat and being miss know it all teen I thought id become skinny this way lol!! Not really funny but that's the way it was so this uneducated decision led me to where I am now 12 years later 5'7 and 233 pounds !! And that's skipping years of breakfast lunch and eating late dinners and snacking till wee hours of the morning ...ESP in my younger 20's PARTY TIME.... HENCE THE TITLE never ate and obese ....so now I'm 27 married have three beautiful girls and two stepdaughters and I look at myself and think ...I need to change this NOW my kids are small and they look up to me !! Some comments they have made like .." when I get big I'm gonna be fluffy like you moma " I DON'T think so ...so here I am been counting calories for two weeks excercising daily if not twice when I can , and talking with coaches , and researching the web to death ....I want my kids to be healthy and strong further more I want to PLAY :) sooo I'm a fairly motivated person I tend to take on a lot at times but I manage well ...so here is my predicament

I'm not reaching my calorie goal !! Seriously I hear people who hate to diet because they constantly hungry ...I Force myself to eat a good breakfast then I think I did good log it and it seems low , same for lunch and same for dinner !?!? WTH ...

I'VE NOTICED AS WELL ....I drink HALF my shakeology a day ( because it tends to fill me up too much)
    My workout routine is INSANITY fourth day in ...

I HAVE lost 7 pounds approx. two weeks
    I want to do this right and for the long term , I'm not trying to fit in a dress just want to be healthy and be a good roll model for my kids
    I've cut my over portioned meals ( I think they were ) in half !
    I rarely eat out
    I prepare fresh meals
    I have quit using butter
    Switched to silk milk, Greek yogurt, egg whites, whole wheat grains, down to two cups of coffee instead of five !! And don't binge the snack cupboard ...
    So my meals are TOO healthy my snacks are too perfect?? Idk...
    I hear so many talk about starvation mode!
    Any advice :)

Add the butter back in :) And things like olive oil, nuts, full fat Greek yogurt (made with whole milk), and treats like honey and dark chocolate are great ways to get in calories if you're short. 1 cup of plain full fat Greek yogurt with a tbsp of honey, handful of almonds and a cut up banana is almost 500 calories and tastes awesome! Or a green smoothie with Greek yogurt, honey, veggies like spinach and kale and then fruit like a banana a handful of berries is great tasting and higher in calories. And eat whole eggs!
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    Okay , so I went from from not tracking any calories to taking it TOO serioulsy :) I can def be less stingy with my nuts and things then !! Good to hear!! Y'all are great thanks for the advice !!
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. good advice in here
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Did you put your numbers into MFP and get a calorie goal or are you going off what some exercise program is saying? Your BMR is a bit over 1800 so eating 2800 a day seems excessive.

Also you didn't not eat and become obese. You may have skipped some meals and overate at others but no one becomes obese by not eating.
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    hmm...
  • healthytanya1
    healthytanya1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Is 2800 how much you burn in a day or how much your eating? I don't think you will go into starvation mode with that many calories. I was eating 1200 a day and burning 2400 a day. I did that for 2 1/2 months until my body couldn't take it and I stopped losing. I've been at 1600 for about a week and i have already lost 2 lbs. Raising my calories jump started my weight loss again.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    Options
    Did you put your numbers into MFP and get a calorie goal or are you going off what some exercise program is saying? Your BMR is a bit over 1800 so eating 2800 a day seems excessive.

Also you didn't not eat and become obese. You may have skipped some meals and overate at others but no one becomes obese by not eating.

Yes , that's exactly the way it was....WAY over ate my one meal ( dinner) always !! And junk at night . Monday I started the INSANITY program and they reccomend that amount of calories based on this formula my weight ( 233) x my activity level ( moderate 12) = then add est. calories burned by insanity which they said to add 600 then if your trying to lose weight subtract 500 from that number which left me with the 2800 so here's where I'm at with that ...I don't think I burn six hundred calories in those workouts ...I do them to MY best ability And I try to keep my form which ( because I don't know the moves) takes me more time , I'm not doing the thirty suicides they are doing ! Ya know so anyway , my coach said to change MFP to that ( and at the very least get 1500 ) but by no means did I think I could get that high even if. Tried ....so I'm thinking even with the workout a fifteen hundred calorie plan is still effective for me , I'm comfortable with that number but even that I am having trouble getting to and end up having a late snack ( healthy now though )