Lost 31.5 pounds and can only see the difference in my face.

Options
If I were to post a few before and after pictures do you think you guys could help me find the differences?
I have lost 31.5lbs and can not see the differences ad right now its really upsetting me (I have bipolar and adhd so I have depression is normal for me but this is really bugging me).

Thank you so much!
Just let me know and I will post some.

Much thanks
-Ashlee

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Please share.
    I'm sure many people will see a difference :smile:
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 51 pounds before I really noticed a difference.. as we lose weight all over sometimes it takes a while to catch up and make a noticeable difference. It also is harder when you have more weight to lose.. maybe measuring with a cloth tape measure you will see numbers drop or how you feel in your clothes.. I congratulate you on your lose thus far, you are a beautiful woman, keep up the great work :)
  • lmendelsohn
    Options
    :smile: Your "new" face is beautiful. Sometimes the jo urney seems too long, but it really isn't. You are going to be here anyway, so why not do the best you can for yourself? Keep up the good work!
  • bodyl0ss
    bodyl0ss Posts: 8
    Options
    Learning how to reply to people haha (newbie)
  • bodyl0ss
    Options
    Please share.

This is of before and durings. The most recent is the bottom right one :D
    thank you for your help! means a lot!!

http://i42.tinypic.com/33jqlut.jpg

Its to big to post lol
  • bodyl0ss
    Options
    I had to lose 51 pounds before I really noticed a difference.. as we lose weight all over sometimes it takes a while to catch up and make a noticeable difference. It also is harder when you have more weight to lose.. maybe measuring with a cloth tape measure you will see numbers drop or how you feel in your clothes.. I congratulate you on your lose thus far, you are a beautiful woman, keep up the great work :)

Thank you so much! This means a lot to me. Means I'm not the only one and it actually takes some of the stress off of my shoulders! I also congratulate you on your weight-loss! Every time I take measurements they come up missing lol I just took some last month and now I can't find them and I took some in January and can't find them either! I had them in my weight-loss binder. Its like the weight loss elves steal em.

Thank you for commenting I feel much better!
  • bodyl0ss
    Options
    :smile: Your "new" face is beautiful. Sometimes the jo urney seems too long, but it really isn't. You are going to be here anyway, so why not do the best you can for yourself? Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much for your kind words of wisdom! Means a lot to me :D I was just feeling really down in the dumps and my family is tired of hearing about all this weight-loss stuff so I figured why not post on a forum! Just glad there are some amazingly nice people on here :D

Thank you so much!
  • Kristy7418
    Kristy7418 Posts: 85
    Options
    The last one definitely looks skinnier. Do you measure as well as weigh? I bet you will notice a difference if you start measuring and see the inches start to go away. Keep up the good work!
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your photos and there is a change. I can see it mostly in your belly area. Keep up the loss, girl, you're doing it!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Please share.

This is of before and durings. The most recent is the bottom right one :D
    thank you for your help! means a lot!!

http://i42.tinypic.com/33jqlut.jpg

Its to big to post lol

You can resize it on tinypic by choosing "message board" size and changing the upper case to lower case[img][/img]
  • bodyl0ss
    Options
    hvbg3k.jpg

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!

My jun 18th picture is really 291.5 I made a typo. I weight 290.5 atm :D
  • Scottmcteare
    Options
    massive massive difference "Go Girl" you keep it up. You can do this well done so far.
  • wcugirl04
    wcugirl04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I can relate! Ive also lost about the same amount and I feel like ppl are just starting to notice, which has been frustrating. After looking at your pics, I can def tell that you have lost weight, and I think it shows especially in your stomach area and hips. KEEP up the GREAT work!!!
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I hear where ur coming from - I am on medication to keep my depression under control, but honestly it seems like it's sitting on my shoulder most days at the moment. For me it's really hard to stay focused on the how to lose weight but I'm pretty good at the why and the future. The trick I've found is to focus on the future - I currently see myself in a sleeveless top tucked into my jeans looking pretty damn wonderful if I do say so myself. I've been struggling for the past 4 mths but I do feel I'm nearly ready to jump back in, both feet n all.

Now back to you. You obviously weighed yourself when you started, but did you measure yourself. I went for 3 months without the scales doing anything and honestly I couldn't see any difference but I had lost 2.5cm around my bust, 2.5 cm around my waist and 2 cm around my hips. Maybe for you the bodily change is very subtle and until you lose more weight perhaps you won't see it - similar to what happened to me, so get that measuring tape out..

Now from the depression point of view. The scales confirm you have lost 31.5 - FANTASTIC!! Have you jumped up and down in glee? Have you told every family member within arms reach? Have you told all your MFP and other friends? Have you celebrated with carrot sticks and Philadelphia Cream Cheese Extra Lite? You haven't, well then you better get to it. Look at the positive (there is enuff negative hiding around each and every corner), your beautiful face has changed shape and you look like ur coping with it. I went to the hairdresser and got my hair chopped quite short, I sat in the chair and stared at the mirror and I had trouble accepting the straight lines at the side of my face. For 20 to 30 years my face has been ovalish - not now - straight down at the sides with a chin LOL. It took me 2 to 3 days to accept the change LOL.

One suggestion would be to imagine yourself as you want to look in a natural setting with a new dress or top n trousers or whatever you love. Perhaps a new hairdo, new shoes and jewellery. Once you have the picture, keep bringing it back into your mind. Oh and NEVER say IF I manage to lose weight; IF I get to my goal, IF this and IF that. Always say WHEN I get to my goal weight, WHEN this and WHEN that. This has helped me enormously and I think it keeps any negative thoughts I might have about weight loss under control.

GOOD LUCK
  • kajungrill
    kajungrill Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes you can see the change, good work, keep it up!
  • Angelstrength
    Angelstrength Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can see it!!! Great job!
  • indyducks
    indyducks Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can TOTALLY see the difference! Keep up the great work, because you are making progress! Good job, and be proud of what you have already accomplished....
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations! I can see a difference. Perhaps you should put measurements on the back of the pictures and then
    into your binder. You are doing great, keep up the good job. Everyone says sometimes you loose inches before pounds.
  • divadeedee123
    divadeedee123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    31.5 lbs WHOOT WHOOT!!!!!

I am sure others can see a difference. don't go by the scale, go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. I am sure you look great!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MY FRIEND!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Definitely see a difference.
    Well done. :flowerforyou:
    Keep up the great work!