Reveal Extreme.. weight loss supplements?

Options
I've been hearing ads on my local radio station about a weight loss supplement offered at Complete Nutrition, which just opened in a town close to me. Its called Reveal Extreme.. it is supposed to mimic the weight loss effects of ephedrin, without any side effects. I've looked on the web and found that everyone who used it has seen results and really loved it. I have never tried supplements before, and I know I could lose weight without them, but honestly, Im just plain curious. I never seem to have enough energy to make it through the day, and as a single mom of a one year old boy I really cant afford to feel tired all the time. I work part time and just feel like crashing when I get home. The Reveal Extreme pack for two months is really expensive, 160 dollars + tax for the whole thing. To reach the very end of my goal and start maintaining I would probably only need one of these two month packs.. because you are supposed to lose about 10 pounds of fat a month.But I would really like some input on this... anyone every use something like this?

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a potentially dangerous crock of *kitten*. But, if you're curious, go for it. I, personally, don't buy that stuff. Remember Phen-fen?
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I would say no.. Diet pills will work for that short amount of time, but as soon as you stop taking them, the weight is going to come back. My sister fell into the diet pill craze, spent a ton of money, and was thin for a while, but is now back to where she started (plus some). Stick with eating healthy and exercise. It's really the only true way.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Sounds like a potentially dangerous crock of *kitten*. But, if you're curious, go for it. I, personally, don't buy that stuff. Remember Phen-fen?

what she said^^^^^
  • shassen
    shassen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    just stay away from any of those magic pills that cause dramatic weight loss. Generally people who use those supplements put the weight back on when they stop the cycle. Good old fashioned healthy eating and exercising is the way to go!
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My husband and I use Shakeology. Its worked great for us. I'm not familiar with Reveal Extreme but supplements (healthy ones of course) can be a great aid in your fitness and weight loss. :smile:
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt even bother! But if you would like a little help or boost have a look into Acetyl-l Carnitine! All natural great to help fatloss, a little energy boost but not overboard and also great for the brain, concentration and focus!! Dont pay to much for it!! EBay has some great deals Real Nutrition has a very well priced one (About $30 including postage for 250gms)!! Warning it does taste like crap!! Only need about 2mg (1/2 Teaspoon) about 15 min before exercise!! Im am training for a Figure Comp and it is the only fat burning supp I use, but also I am a single mum of 2 little ones and study! It helps in all aspecs of my life!
    Hope that helps :)
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I figured thats what everyone would say considering everyone on this site loses it the 'hard' way :) I have always done it that way, too.. And I suppose it sounds like I will continue to do it that way!
  • johnjospeh
    Options
    I know many of you will agree that still the best way to lose more weight is through natural ways like proper diet and regular exercise. As of this moment, I'm thinking to purchase a weight loss supplement next month to lose more weight. Can you suggest me a good supplement guys? A friend of mine were suggesting the supp. Slender Factor. Has anyone heard about this supp.? According to my friend, it helps to convert food to energy to heat instead of storing it as fat. What's a good characteristics of weight loss supplement? anyone??
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I know many of you will agree that still the best way to lose more weight is through natural ways like proper diet and regular exercise. As of this moment, I'm thinking to purchase a weight loss supplement next month to lose more weight. Can you suggest me a good supplement guys? A friend of mine were suggesting the supp. Slender Factor. Has anyone heard about this supp.? According to my friend, it helps to convert food to energy to heat instead of storing it as fat. What's a good characteristics of weight loss supplement? anyone??

The previous posts are a good indicator of the answers you're bound to get on this site. Most people here don't use any supplements and do not recommend them.
  • csscott1983
    csscott1983 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have taken the reveal extreme for 2 months and dropped from a size 10 to a size 4. It was great for me being I work full time, have 3 kids, and have a busy schedule after 5. I used to not have any energy like you and would just want to sleep. I went to the doctor and blood work was ok. I was very satisfied. I have just purchased the reveal again after 4 months to get to my goal a size 2. I have recommended this to like 5 of my friends and its work for them also. I don't work at complete nutrition and get nothing out of good feedback, I just want to share my success with you to maybe help you decide because I know its tough to spend that kind of money. I was like I sure hope this isn't a waste. I can't wait for summer and to be a size 2...Goodluck to you. If you go to complete nutritions website and do store locator and put zip code 77853, the store in College Station Texas helped so much and Chris really knows his stuff. He didn't pressure me into anything and told me to think about it.... Very pleased!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't take it. I find that a daily multi vitamin, eating "clean" foods and getting my daily coffee fix gives me energy.
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    I wouldnt even bother! But if you would like a little help or boost have a look into Acetyl-l Carnitine! All natural great to help fatloss, a little energy boost but not overboard and also great for the brain, concentration and focus!! Dont pay to much for it!! EBay has some great deals Real Nutrition has a very well priced one (About $30 including postage for 250gms)!! Warning it does taste like crap!! Only need about 2mg (1/2 Teaspoon) about 15 min before exercise!! Im am training for a Figure Comp and it is the only fat burning supp I use, but also I am a single mum of 2 little ones and study! It helps in all aspecs of my life!
    Hope that helps :)

http://www.puritan.com/?cm_sp=topnav-_-homepage-_-PP_Logo&cm_re=-_-TopNav-_-PP_Logo

BOGO!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Why do people gain back the weight after went off the pill?
    Is it because they never learn to eat healthy ?
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    ACE works too. Gives me energy, controls appetite, makes me want good food and not junk. It's cheaper than this other product and all natural.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    No supplement works for weight loss unless you personally ensure calorie deficit. And guess how that happens? By eating less than you burn.
    Save your money. Unless you're willing to do it for life, then it's just a fix. That's why 90% of people who diet to lose weight regain it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I really love how people say, just eat less and work out more. If I had the control to eat less in the first place I wouldn't have gotten FAT! It's not that easy for everyone. Sometimes you need that extra little help to push you forward and keep you from eating everything in the house.

Same when people say, throw away the scale and go by how your clothes fit. Yes, because clothing manufactures make all the clothes exactly the same. I have pants that range from size 14-18 that all fit perfect. So when I need a boost I put on the size 14, I have shirts that range from L to 1X.....seriously, you can't just go by how clothes fit! Everybody is different and different things work for different people. If you tried everything the "right" way and nothing worked, then there is nothing wrong with looking for some outside help! Now I'll sit back and wit to be blasted!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Lol, all food is converted to energy or for rebuilding. Excess is stored as fat.
    People that turn to weight loss supplements have a couple of things in common. Lack of patience and/or lack of confidence in one's self to do it the old fashioned way....................with correct diet and some exercise to assist.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ACE works too. Gives me energy, controls appetite, makes me want good food and not junk. It's cheaper than this other product and all natural.
    How does a pill "make" one want good food? That's more an attitude change than a chemical change. And anything that's manufactured isn't "all natural". It's still a processed product.
    You can "naturally" lose weight by not overeating, and doing some exercise.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I really love how people say, just eat less and work out more. If I had the control to eat less in the first place I wouldn't have gotten FAT! It's not that easy for everyone. Sometimes you need that extra little help to push you forward and keep you from eating everything in the house.

Same when people say, throw away the scale and go by how your clothes fit. Yes, because clothing manufactures make all the clothes exactly the same. I have pants that range from size 14-18 that all fit perfect. So when I need a boost I put on the size 14, I have shirts that range from L to 1X.....seriously, you can't just go by how clothes fit! Everybody is different and different things work for different people. If you tried everything the "right" way and nothing worked, then there is nothing wrong with looking for some outside help! Now I'll sit back and wit to be blasted!
    So your kid comes to you and says "Hey mom, I need to lose a few pounds and know that you do it with a pill, so I should too right?"
    Good luck with trying to answer your kid with the right answer.

IDEA Fitness member
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Let me let you in on an industry secret...

"Works great with no side effects" is code for "This product is total bull**** but we'd really like your money."

Over the counter weight loss supplements basically come in two flavors:
    1) works, but has side effects, and is potentially dangerous (Supplements do not have to be tested for safety or effectiveness before they are sold, the FDA can only pull them off the shelves AFTER they start hurting people)
    2) doesn't work

Even prescription weight loss drugs have some major side effects and don't even really provide that dramatic of a result, and those drugs are regulated and tested and developed with millions of dollars in research behind them. What makes you think an over the counter supplement that isn't tested or regulated is going to somehow be the holy grail of weight loss?

You know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true....